Friedman: Leafs shopping Petan

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This is the type of player I'd like to see Holland put into Edmonton's bottom six. Get rid of Khaira, I'd trade them one for one for the sake of contracts.

Petan and Gagner makes our bottom six have a little bit of offense in it.
A little bit would be a comfortable improvement and we wouldn't be sacrificing any penalty killers to do so.

Then if we see one of those two pull a Chiasson or Maroon, we have room for Haas in the bottom six.

Khaira for Petan is something I'm comfortable looking at.

We have to dump bodies to make room for players coming back From IR.

Petan trade would have to be for a pick i believe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
:laugh: the point is that he can do something. Petan can’t do anything. Petan couldn’t have gone in and centrered a line when Kadri got suspended, allowing the coach flexibility to shuffle lines and not be forced to use Nylander at centre.

Something > Nothing

You’re right, it’s an insignificant move, but another example of highly questionable decision making by Kyle Dubas.
no it's not. You're wildly overrating Lindholm

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Reading this thread, it is clear there is no G held to a higher standard than Dubas. Unless he makes a homerun of a move with 0 downside, there are people who claim he sucks. He overpaid 3 forwards, I admit that. However he's been a pretty good GM outside of that in his 1 and change years in charge.

Reactions: qqaz

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ya, that Brassard contract is just brutal. Lou with yet another blunder trying to sign older veteran plugs

It’s a one year deal. How is that brutal? Lol he was looking for a 3C to replace Filpula. To this point, Brassard has sucked but it was a low risk signing. And despite Brassard sucking, the islanders have won most of their games.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I imagine if he's traded it's for another fringe player who also cleared waivers and will play for the Marlies.

If teams were worried about contracts and didn't want to claim him before I can't imagine they'd take him without sending a contract back now.

For example if he was traded to Edmonton I imagine it'd be for someone like Josh Currie.

I can't imagine he returns much more than that.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Incorrect context.....

He was talking about eithinjured pkayers coming back thry have to do roster moves. Also they have to watch their daily cap limit.

This means thry need to move players down exposing some players to waivers or possibly trade them.

Thry aren’t shopping players.
Hard to type with that clawed hand i see!

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Career AHLer

Looks that way, his stats prior to the NHL are crazy and some similar sized F in this league have found a way to have success, he hasn't as of yet.

If he was in the AHL I would say Canucks should make a trade for him, let him stay in Utica and who knows what happens in future. Played under coach Green in Portland I think. JB use to bring in lots of former players for coach Willie

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Petan already clearing waivers helps.

Likely a conditional 7th or something.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Petan and Lindholm are both AHLers. I sympathize for Petan's situation and he has talent, but something is missing. He just can't deliver well enough in the NHL and there are already concerns about his work ethic.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Points are usually not the deciding factor for 4th liners . Its mostly whats the utility . For example can a player play PK and defend well enough ? Petan has to be used in a scoring role to be effective but he's not exactly shown he's good enough for that in the NHL.
It is still better than zeros across the board.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It is still better than zeros across the board.

Depends. 5 goals scored but 10 against is not better than 0 goals scored and 2 against. Depends who is less of a negative for 4th liners most of the time.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Depends. 5 goals scored but 10 against is not better than 0 goals scored and 2 against. Depends who is less of a negative for 4th liners most of the time.
That is not an example of zeroes across the board. It includes negative integers. But you are right,it is better to have zero than less than zero.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Says quite a lot...
Yeah it says that Boston had an injury to get Lindholm in and Petan was competing for a job. That now he seems to have lost I don't think anyone here is saying Petan is a great player, but rather that he is at least equal to or perhaps, slightly better than Lindholm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad