Friedman: Leafs shopping Petan

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
you're seeing it from the perspective of Lindholm's mother it seems
Or Kevin Cheveldayoff - The more experienced GM who also saw value in adding depth and versatility to his centre position..

It’s the same philosophy that Lamoriello, and most intelligent GM’s apply. Not that I’m advocating to spend 2nd rounders every deadline, but I appreciate and respect the reasoning. You need depth down the middle, especially for a playoff run.

Cheveldayoff probably giggled when he hung up the phone on this one... I suspect other GM’s will begin to like dealing with Kyle Dubas, just like player agents have.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Or Kevin Cheveldayoff - The more experienced GM who also saw value in adding depth and versatility to his centre position..

It’s the same philosophy that Lamoriello, and most intelligent GM’s apply. Not that I’m advocating to spend 2nd rounders every deadline, but I appreciate and respect the reasoning. You need depth down the middle, especially for a playoff run.

Cheveldayoff probably giggled when he hung up the phone on this one... I suspect other GM’s will begin to like dealing with Kyle Dubas, just like player agents have.
Unless he's senile, I doubt he was laughing about adding a bad player who suited up for 4 regular season and 2 playoff games before letting him walk for nothing

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019

Unfortunately for Toronto, the only options we have down the middle are

Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Kerfoot
Gauthier
Spezza
Shore

Boy I wish we had a smart GM who values centre depth.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Guys, let’s stay on topic.......aka Petan is being shopped.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
He played 116 games in the big league over 5 years, is not worth a lot.
I could see Petan for Ho-Sang or any other struggling prospect but he's not worth much.

Reactions: PuckinFilet06

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Aren’t I entitled to my opinion?

I think the GM’s lack of experience shows on almost every moves he’s made but this one and the backup goalie were the most egregious. I think it’s inexcusable to not be able to tell the difference between AHL quality and NHL quality when it’s so blatantly obvious.

Good thing he has Babcock to go spot talent like Mikheyev in Europe. They probably don’t track Corsi in English so Dubas wouldn’t know what to look for.
Yo did someone takeover your account? Your posts were smart before.... Wtf?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah other GMs will see that Cheveldayoff got equal value in the Lindholm Petan trade and then they would all want equal value for their players too.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

This is some interesting fan fiction.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yo did someone takeover your account? Your posts were smart before.... Wtf?
Nah, I was just riding an unsustainable shooting percentage.
This is some interesting fan fiction.
Except the trade actually happened, Lamoriello wrote his manifesto before the bible... and the only part speculation was prefaced with ‘probably’.

...which part was fiction?

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad