Friedman: Leafs shopping Petan

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I think he has already cleared. Probably traded for an AHL body.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Petan and a 7th will get you a 6th.

Feel bad for the guy. He had so much potential. He never really got much of a chance with the Jets, but he never really forced them to either. He looked so good in Portland, but doesn't seem to have taken the next step.

Reactions: jetsforever

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
24 year old w/ over 100 NHL games played and only 24 lifetime points is not exactly going to be a hot commodity

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Couldn't make either the Jets or Leafs top 12 forward positions.......good kid but virtually zero value. AHL or Europe is calling.

Reactions: irunthepeg

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
they shop these guys because the contract limit obv

not so much because of value... they're just looking for other junk they want

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I hate this narrative. So tired of this. People look at him as just a player struggling to adapt. I would struggle too if my dad killed himself during my pro career. I never post here but it's unbelievable that we overlook the personal life of players. They're still people. I wouldn't blame him for not making it.

People attack Milan Lucic because he's a tough guy. The same thing happened to him with his dad. And we still find ways to distance ourselves from them. They're people too
Which narrative is that?

Seeing as he was playing for my hometown team when this tragedy struck his family, I'm well aware of it. I just don't think it's something that needs to be dragged out as soon as his name is mentioned.

I also don't think it's something he would use as an excuse for how he's performed in the NHL.

Factually speaking, he had already displayed that his success in the WHL and WJC might not translate to the NHL well before he suffered this loss.

Again, really not sure what you mean by "this narrative," but if not making his dad's suicide the focal point of my post makes you think I'm pushing some agenda, maybe it's best that you post infrequently.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->