Speculation: Leafs Rental Forward

Which rental F would you most want the Leafs to have in the playoffs if its their only move? Pick 1:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Agreed about not wanting to move one of the teams key prospects for a 1 year rental.

Mirtle had an article on the Athletic today suggesting the Leafs could (with the right moves) essentially add a 4 million dollar player with only removing one league minimum player from the roster to the taxi squad. If they remove Kerfoot it looks like even more space is available

if they put Kerfoot on the taxi squad they may as well make him part of a deal to bring in a bigger fish

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Not even a little.
How about a stationary bike in his room? Peloton to the rescue.

Hahahahaha stationary bikes do not simulate professional sports hahaha
No but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did something like this. Keeps his fitness up & keeps those similar primary muscle groups engaged; reason why hockey players use stationary bikes so often. Just get him a stationary bike, lots of Leafs game tape as well as his own, get him stickhandling, get him as much equipment in a hotel room as you possibly can :laugh:

If I'm the player I'm doing the best I possibly can do be ready with what I'm given.

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
I'd love to see a reasonable deal for Granlund. But aside from him, there's no one on that list I really want to give up assets for. Foligno would be nice too, but I have a feeling the ask is going to be unreasonably high.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m thinking nothing happens in trade until after this 2 game set with Calgary. Soon as they put it in we lose player or players for 2 weeks plus the week it takes them to acclimatize. This deadline doesn’t even seem worth the bother unless it’s within our division.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Ekholm + 2.5M retention 2021 for Dermy, Barabanov and 2021 1st pick

Miles Wood for Kerfoot and 2021 2nd and 3rd round picks

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The real deadline is too late for us, with the 2 week quarantine period tacked on. Leaves the rental available for 7 games and the playoffs. Just throwing away assets, waiting that late in the season to get production.
ridiculous take

7 games to get settled in and then it's time for the main reason he is here

the POs

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
ridiculous take

7 games to get settled in and then it's time for the main reason he is here

the POs
Lol and what do you want to give away for that? Which may be 11 games and done. Barely knew him. Anyway there will be no moves, ridiculous take or not.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Lol and what do you want to give away for that? Which may be 11 games and done. Barely knew him. Anyway there will be no moves, ridiculous take or not.
well,,,,, i picked Staal and i doubt he will cost a arm and a leg

and you are calling us to be swept in the first round???,,,well that's good to know

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
well,,,,, i picked Staal and i doubt he will cost a arm and a leg

and you are calling us to be swept in the first round???,,,well that's good to know
Could happen as in possible. So Staal is your savior eh? Lol. We aren't even looking for a forward. Smell the coffee.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Miles Wood and Foligno - mostly because I heard Miles kills Adele and Foligno Ed Sheeran on Karaoke. Figured both would fit right into the group.

Mar 26, 2010
It is not worth trading away a top blue chip prospect at this point. This team is nowhere even close to winning anything.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Sure we will see..
Dubas cant comeout and say we are looking for a goalie now can he
WTF are you yapping about???????

getting a tender has literally nothing to do with getting a forward

the only way we get a tender is if Fred is sent back,,,cap in/ cap out

as for the forward,,,,, i'm not looking for a savior,,our forwards don't need a savior

but like all teams,,a little bit more depth can't hurt.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
WTF are you yapping about???????

getting a tender has literally nothing to do with getting a forward

the only way we get a tender is if Fred is sent back,,,cap in/ cap out

as for the forward,,,,, i'm not looking for a savior,,our forwards don't need a savior

but like all teams,,a little bit more depth can't hurt.
Looking for a forward was a red herring, jokes on you. We will see if they get one..

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I guess he's off the list.
Canadiens have acquired the veteran centre from the Buffalo Sabres for the club's third- and fifth-round picks in the 2021 NHL draft.

As part of the deal announced Friday, the Sabres will retain half of Staal's US$3.25-million salary.

The 36-year-old played 32 games with last-place Buffalo in 2021, registering three goals and 10 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad