OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't disagree, just weird to take a QB when you just committed all that money to someone else. I'm sure Cousins isn't too happy right now..... Actually he might be fine with it. That guy kinda seems like a dollar chaser.
Yeah a little weird, but teams do like the path of them being a backup first and results have been strong in some places that way. I expect halfway through year 2 Cousins is in the bench and certainly can’t see him there in year three with that contract and Penix.

Reactions: sethro109

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah a little weird, but teams do like the path of them being a backup first and results have been strong in some places that way. I expect halfway through year 2 Cousins is in the bench and certainly can’t see him there in year three with that contract and Penix.
Until Penix goes down with an injury game 3

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Until Penix goes down with an injury game 3
Possibly… but he wouldn’t be the first injury filled player to suddenly find health. IMO that’s the reason he fell at all. 9 is probably high given the risk, but I haven’t had a team of doctors tell me what they think.

Reactions: katfude

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Atlanta drafting Penix makes the Broncos look competent in regards to the QB position.

Seriously you commit 180M to Cousins a few weeks ago, then you draft an oft injured project QB at pick 8. All when you have WR, o-line, and an sorts of defensive issues.

Arguably one of the worst picks in quite some time.

Last edited:

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Apparently, per Adam Schefter:

Denver held a private workout with Bo Nix the day after his pro day. The night before the workout, the Broncos sent Nix three packets of offensive play installation. And the next morning, as they worked in the classroom with Nix, he “crushed it”, per a Broncos source.

The Broncos then took Nix from the classroom to the field, watched him throw for an hour, and were convinced they had a quarterback they wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad