Speculation: Leafs Rental Forward

Which rental F would you most want the Leafs to have in the playoffs if its their only move? Pick 1:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Fire sale in Buffalo. Wouldn’t mind snagging UllMark off of them.
I suppose i should try finding injury news on him first eh lol
Almost ready to go according to these reports Linus Ullmark, G, Buffalo Sabres
The injury came off the nico hischier save at around 45 seconds in this clip. He finished the period and didn’t return for the second

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think those 1st round picks and Robertson, Amirov etc. scenarios are off the table now.

I think it depends on the team and player you are dealing with. The Sabres might be having a fire sale because the Pegulas want to shed $$$ but not so sure that will be the case with Poile (yet) if you are talking Forsberg or Ekholm.

horner

May 22, 2007
Last nights game was the way we will be shut down in the playoffs .
If our top players Marner Mathews taverns and Nylander are willing to fight for ice space like they didn't do last .
Then a trade won't help us .
I would wait until next year .

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Man I get that players want to "get paid" when the time comes, but do they ever have a second of foresight to understand that if they ONLY ask for max it leaves little cap space to build a winner with depth!

It's not rocket science lol if our 3 highest paid players took 1.5 million less they could be Tampa. How does winning cups not factor into financial decisions.

Reactions: The Cobra

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Man I get that players want to "get paid" when the time comes, but do they ever have a second of foresight to understand that if they ONLY ask for max it leaves little cap space to build a winner with depth!

It's not rocket science lol if our 3 highest paid players took 1.5 million less they could be Tampa. How does winning cups not factor into financial decisions.

4.5M extra does not make us Tampa. They have an advantage due to the lack of taxes in the state of Florida.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
4.5M extra does not make us Tampa. They have an advantage due to the lack of taxes in the state of Florida.

Maybe not Tampa but 4.5 million would be great to have right now at the deadline.

Players should want to win and also understand it's a hard cap sport. It's not like they would make peanuts. It's like Matthew's making 9.5 million a year instead of 11+ and we would have more depth.

I just keep crossing my fingers for good drafting every year so we can have depth.

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
I'll take Edler & Benn from Vancouver.

Call up San Jose get Marleau back in Toronto with big Joe, and maybe take a shot at T.Hall if Buffalo retains 50% of his remaining contract.

We could go for Quick & D.Brown aswell if there willing to trade Andersen & Kerfoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad