Speculation: Leafs Rental Forward

Which rental F would you most want the Leafs to have in the playoffs if its their only move? Pick 1:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Great i get to hate Staal on the Habs. Perfect storm and thats my trade deadline. Happy as a lark we didn’t get that smirky clown. The time he punked Kessel trying to look funny. He was ignorant and I couldn’t stand him before that. I hope Simmonds gets a chance to go with him

That was 10 years ago. It was a joke at the all-star game man. I don't think he was trying to punk Kessel, he was just trying to play into the large Toronto market, seeing as Staal is from Toronto himself.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That was 10 years ago. It was a joke at the all-star game man. I don't think he was trying to punk Kessel, he was just trying to play into the large Toronto market, seeing as Staal is from Toronto himself.
Heyy man

Last edited:

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
I think Palmieri actually given his rambunctious, gritty and versatile style to give us a Hyman type second option, but the caveat is how much will he cost? Similar to Foligno and Iafallo. Seems like the Leafs need an Italian American!
Make them an offer they can't refuse.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I just don't want someone one-note. Like I don't want someone who is purely offensive, unless they are extremely good at what they do. I don't want a plug who can fight either. A swiss-army knife like Hyman would be great. Need someone who if for a couple games, part of their play dries up ie they stop scoring or they have some defensive miscues or they aren't mucking it up, they are doing something else useful to make up for it.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Great i get to hate Staal on the Habs. Perfect storm and thats my trade deadline. Happy as a lark we didn’t get that smirky clown. The time he punked Kessel trying to look funny. He was ignorant and I couldn’t stand him before that. I hope Simmonds gets a chance to go with him
I don't know what happens at allstar games (of any sport) since I avoid those like the plague. But, yeah, I've always had an irrational hatred for Staal, which has now become rational since traded to the Habs.

"Smirky..." Good description.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I just don't want someone one-note. Like I don't want someone who is purely offensive, unless they are extremely good at what they do. I don't want a plug who can fight either. A swiss-army knife like Hyman would be great. Need someone who if for a couple games, part of their play dries up ie they stop scoring or they have some defensive miscues or they aren't mucking it up, they are doing something else useful to make up for it.
A safety player, a guy that's easy to play with because you know what you're getting night in night out, easy to read and play off of, versatile, contagious energy/character, complements those around him.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Iafallo from LA and bertuzzi from Detroit are the closest we will get to another Zach Hyman. I would do what I could to aquire either. Besides them Foligno, Jenner, Foudy, would be excellent as well. Ekholm would top the list on d but savard could be a much cheaper option especially if Holl has a bad stretch of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->