Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers: Game 3 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Folks, tomorrow night I eat a lot of a and W, every time I eat it we win. There’s just no way around this, I will have to break my diet for the sake of the team. It’s going to be hard, but I’ll do it.

....and you'll have to start making excuses to dodge out of going to your in-laws' on game days. They lose everytime you say you'll miss the game because you're headed over there.

Tough sacrifice to make but your wife will understand it's also for the sake of the team.

Reactions: tardigrade81

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Folks, tomorrow night I eat a lot of a and W, every time I eat it we win. There’s just no way around this, I will have to break my diet for the sake of the team. It’s going to be hard, but I’ll do it.
God, I haven’t had onion rings, a teen or poppa burger since 2017. Too much sodium in my life and this unfortunately adds to it. So good though. Have a bite for me please...and thanks for taking one for the team.
upload_2021-3-2_19-8-54.png

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
....and you'll have to start making excuses to dodge out of going to your in-laws' on game days. They lose everytime you say you'll miss the game because you're headed over there.

Tough sacrifice to make but your wife will understand it's also for the sake of the team.
Lmao!!!!! You and I think on the same path my friend! We are suppose to be going there this Saturday night for sloppy joes.

Reactions: McFuhryous

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
God, I haven’t had onion rings, a teen or poppa burger since 2017. Too much sodium in my life and this unfortunately adds to it. So good though. Have a bite for me please...and thanks for taking one for the team.
View attachment 402508
Omg...... you poor soul. I will have many bites for you , and holy crap that burger looks simply fantastic. I’m that much more excited for tomorrow now.

Reactions: brentashton

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Maybe someone can fill me in on why the DRY line will suddenly "work" when they've all been poopoo the last 2 weeks or so.

Drai's got some mysterious injury that's been affecting his play, Yams hasn't been the normal honey badger like we've seen him hounding pucks, and Nuge's been doing his disappearing act.

Don't get me wrong, I like to see this line get it going again but it's not like they can flip a switch and everything's all fine and dandy again.

Or maybe I'm being skeptical and overthinking things. :eek:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Maybe someone can fill me in on why the DRY line will suddenly "work" when they've all been poopoo the last 2 weeks or so.

Drai's got some mysterious injury that's been affecting his play, Yams hasn't been the normal honey badger like we've seen him hounding pucks, and Nuge's been doing his disappearing act.

Don't get me wrong, I like to see this line get it going again but it's not like they can flip a switch and everything's all fine and dandy again.

One word: chemistry.

It may not work, but it kickstarted all three of those players last year (Drai and Nuge were not doing much for a while before that line was put together)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

upload_2021-3-2_19-15-30.jpeg

Reactions: 3rdPeriodCringe

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Because three wrongs make a right.

Reactions: 3rdPeriodCringe

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
One word: chemistry.

It may not work, but it kickstarted all three of those players last year (Drai and Nuge were not doing much for a while before that line was put together)

Yams was hard nosed for the puck last year at creating turn overs. Nuge and Drai was there to pounce on the puck for possession and O-zone time. Yams banged up after that hit from behind by Lindholm, he doesn't seem to be the same.

The chemistry's there, but I'm hoping they bring the energy and intensity like they did last year.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
I'm gonna be so upset of DRY ends up working and Tippsy waited this long to put them back.

Tippett will give them 20 min and break them up again proudly declaring that it won't work. And if the line works, all 3 will be healthy scratches for the next game.

Reactions: Del Preston

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I hope you guys are ready for the GDT tomorrow. Not only will we have an oilers fanatic in Darth Dolly making an appearance but also the Ultimate Oiler himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad