Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers: Game 3 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

lol.

this on the same day where Stutzle was cross-checked face first into the boards and the Sens didn’t even get a powerplay.

This happens numerous every game during play, and it's never called. Guess it's only bad when it's not during play.

Reactions: TB12

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
You mean other than him being two timed into the boards by the flames on a hit head shot? He didn't play the rest of that game. That was a bit over a week ago.

Yes, I remember that. Dirty flames as usual. But he came back the next game and I haven't noticed any differences in his play, and he's also not been held out of any practices so I assume he's alright?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
In my defense, I would have told the DoP(e)S he kept asking me "What does your stick say?", so I showed him.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Ratmus 2 hand crosschecks star player head first into the boards..

NHL: Lets call even up penalties, because Calgary Flames
Yea the inconsistency is maddening. Obviously I'm biased so I think the Oilers get screwed more often than not, but regardless it should be an even playing field for all teams, not wishy washy subjective bs.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yes, I remember that. Dirty flames as usual. But he came back the next game and I haven't noticed any differences in his play, and he's also not been held out of any practices so I assume he's alright?

Define alright. your boy takes a lot of punishment and never shies from it. So kudos to him. But the physics of it is taking a toll. All our topsix are banged up except RNH. Go figure.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Great to see DRY back together. I don't expect them to go super nova again, but this team need a reliable scoring unit at evens, they're it's best bet.

I'm curious to see Neal with McPizza(™). Considering how much those two dominant puck possession, a silent assassin type, who excels down low and infront of the net, makes a lot of sense. Though you do lose the defensive presence and the line's usual high support man in RNH.

Tbt I'd still somewhat prefer to see Ennis or even Turris there instead. McPizza just needs someone that does the little things right. RNH can, but it's a role more in the paygrade of the other two.

I still think the best lineup this team can toss out is... (When healthy and not suspended...)

DRY
Turris-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Ennis-Khaira/Haas-Archibald
Neal-Khaira/Haas-Kassian(Chiasson)

Maybe rotate Turris with Kassian, Chiasson, or Neal; but the core of this lineup up DRY, McPizza, Neal/Kassian as a grinding duo, and Ennis/Archi as a speedy checking line.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
For reference, this is Andersson's hit on Stutzle, which I think is far more dangerous.

None of these p******s have the ballz Kass does

Gudbranson could have grabbed him and started whaling. Nahh. Let's just shove him hard and get into a girly NBA tussle lol

Basically what 99% of the NHL does. They shove each other like a bunch of pansies with nothing coming out of it.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
I'm gonna be so upset of DRY ends up working and Tippsy waited this long to put them back.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Define alright. your boy takes a lot of punishment and never shies from it. So kudos to him. But the physics of it is taking a toll. All our topsix are banged up except RNH. Go figure.
Kahun seems to be okay. The constant perimeter play is saving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad