Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers: Game 3 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
It wasn't anything special IIRC. I'm glad they put the line back together but I doubt it's going to have the effect that a lot of people are expecting.

Hopefully it gets those three going though, and I like the idea of Neal - McDavid - Puljujarvi.
It has a 50/50 chance of doing nothing honestly, but you have to change things up when your top 6 doesn't have any chemistry for a long time.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Why? Its almost exactly the time frame the line was put together last season. I mean if this is an Ace in the hand as people state why wouldn't you play it when you require it and not waste it early in the game?

In a sense its a positive to keep some of your hand hidden from view and to only use it when required. At 56 compressed games its still a long season and we're just nearing half way.

Funny, that's the exact question people have been asking Tippett all year long. And they've required it lots this year, and certainly in last years playins.

We've just been shut out 2 games in a row, Drai and Nuge are in their annual swoons, Yamo looks lost, McDavid is getting worn out and shut down, and you want to leave the lines the same?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah we had a great period. It was caped off with Nurse blasting that puck wide at what looked like an open net with a second left.

The line in question was only reuinited for a fraction of the period. The Oilers were still trotting out Drai with AA when the Hawks scored the series winnng goal. Dry wasn't united until late and had 2-3 shifts if that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Funny, that's the exact question people have been asking Tippett all year long. And they've required it lots this year, and certainly in last years playins.

We've just been shut out 2 games in a row, Drai and Nuge are in their annual swoons, Yamo looks lost, McDavid is getting worn out and shut down, and you want to leave the lines the same?

So theres like magic in a bottle you just shake up with this line?

I didn't say leave it the same, don't assume words in my mouth.

This is the time Tippett is pulling the rabbit out of the hat in anycase, so not sure what your point is.

maybe hes dave the magician

Now ya got my jimmies in a twist..heh

Last edited:

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Hopefully Neal can get going in the tough areas, we seem too easy to defend against lately with all the passing and shots from the point.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Chiasson's been really good recently.
I felt like Shore was really starting to show a lot of speed on the forecheck with
some really hard hits; I just feel like he would compliment Nygards rush and forecheck better, but maybe Im out to lunch

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Was one of the best Oilers last night, gets scratched, Tippett has his odd things..

We'll see what happens with DRY I guess with 2/3 of the line banged up. I'm not holding my breath on great things..
But Nuge seems to elevate when this happens . Albeit he usually elevates for McD as well..

hard to figure
Kahun has been playing okay IMO

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So theres like magic in a bottle you just shake up with this line?

I didn't say leave it the same, don't puts words in my mouth.

This is the time Tippett is pulling the rabbit out of the hat in anycase, so not sure what your point is.

maybe hes dave the magician
Making a line change halfway through a season to a combo that worked well last year, is "pulling a rabbit out of your hat?"

Why are you so against trying this? I know you love Kahun on that line, but lets be real. We just got shut out and multiple players are struggling.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Making a line change halfway through a season to a combo that worked well last year, is "pulling a rabbit out of your hat?"

Why are you so against trying this? I know you love Kahun on that line, but lets be real. We just got shut out and multiple players are struggling.

I'm not against it. Just frustrated as a whole thanks to Chiarelli and what this bombed out lineup still is years later. Frustrated with Leon and Connor getting whittled down year after year eating up all the work and lifting.

Sorry for the bent out of shape reply. Time to get out in some fresh air, cheers.

I said sure try the line, see what happens. Its time for it.

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I like Nurse - Bear and Jones - Larsson

Russell - Barrie well...no, but let's see how the icetime is given out.

Reactions: Llamamoto

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Was one of the best Oilers last night, gets scratched, Tippett has his odd things..

We'll see what happens with DRY I guess with 2/3 of the line banged up. I'm not holding my breath on great things..
But Nuge seems to elevate when this happens . Albeit he usually elevates for McD as well..

Is Yams banged up? I can't recall seeing that anywhere?

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Russell Barrie pairing :eek:

On one hand I wanna see a win, but on the other hand I wanna see everyone's reaction if when we get shut out yet again. :help:

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Win..... are you kidding me....... win?????

I just wanna score a goal..... any goal.

upload_2021-3-2_15-39-43.jpeg

Reactions: Arctic Fox

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Blegh. At least score a goal this time.

Smith in starters net at practice.

Hell, I’d even accept Ken Holland in his old horse hair pads, at 65 years of age, over that oversized, skillet wielding, kitchen sink sieve koskinen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad