Sep 5, 2018
Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto back together...

tenor.gif

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Funny how the season goes.

Cgy is getting stomped twice by Ottawa.

CGY pretty much shutout Toronto 2 games straight. Toronto got a lucky break where the ref doesn't whistle it and they tie it up with less than a minute to go

Toronto then goes on to shutout he #1 offensive team in the NHL 2 games in a row

What happens tomorrow? Who TF knows..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
no Kahun?

Was one of the best Oilers last night, gets scratched, Tippett has his odd things..

We'll see what happens with DRY I guess with 2/3 of the line banged up. I'm not holding my breath on great things..
But Nuge seems to elevate when this happens . Albeit he usually elevates for McD as well..

Reactions: RattsSSV

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Was one of the best Oilers last night, gets scratched, Tippett has his odd things..

We'll see what happens with DRY I guess with 2/3 of the line banged up. I'm not holding my breath on great things..
But Nuge seems to elevate when this happens . Albeit he usually elevates for McD as well..
Kahun was absent so maybe he is banged up

I thought Dave put that line back himself lol. Nope.

He is FORCED to make these changes just like Turris coming out b/c of Jones injuring him lol.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Finally Neal w McDavid. Neal is a volume shooter. He scores goals, that what he does. He needs a setup man like McDavid and McDavid needs a volume shooter like Neal.

Finally DRY back together. Why that line was split up is mind boggling.

We still have 2 4th lines. We still have a terrible left side D with 4K and Klefbom out. Yea Nurse has improved but Russell and Jones in our top 6 is a disaster. Give me Lagesson over Jones any day of the week.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ridiculous that it took 25 games for the coach to put 93-29-56 back together.

Why? Its almost exactly the time frame the line was put together last season. I mean if this is an Ace in the hand as people state why wouldn't you play it when you require it and not waste it early in the game?

In a sense its a positive to keep some of your hand hidden from view and to only use it when required. At 56 compressed games its still a long season and we're just nearing half way.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why? Its almost exactly the time frame the line was put together last season. I mean if this is an Ace in the hand as people state why wouldn't you play it when you require it and not waste it early in the game?

In a sense its a positive to keep some of your hand hidden from view and to only use it when required. At 56 compressed games its still a long season and we're just nearing half way.
We didn't know how well it worked last season.

Tippett didn't reunite his best line until the series against Chicago was one period from ending and the Oilers dominated that period.

Unless there's some kind of politics with that line, I don't know why you wouldn't keep it together. Screw "balance", McDavid can score on his own.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Honestly didn't think Tipp would go with the DRY line after all the times the media asked him about it. Yay for not being stubborn

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We didn't know how well it worked last season.

Tippett didn't reunite his best line until the series against Chicago was one period from ending and the Oilers dominated that period.

Unless there's some kind of politics with that line, I don't know why you wouldn't keep it together. Screw "balance", McDavid can score on his own.

Did they really?

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Larsson above Bouchard makes me unreasonably angry after splitting up Jones and Bouchard for Russell then forcing Bouchard on his offside.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Did they really?

It wasn't anything special IIRC. I'm glad they put the line back together but I doubt it's going to have the effect that a lot of people are expecting.

Hopefully it gets those three going though, and I like the idea of Neal - McDavid - Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad