Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers: Game 3 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I got a crazy idea for our forward lineups. I doubt anyone will like them but.. when Turris is back from injury, go with

Turris McD JP
RNH Leon Yam
Ennis Khaira Archie
Kahun Haas Chiasson/Neal

Blend of skill on each line. More spread out instead of loading two lines

Reactions: Oilersfan93

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Carls jr beats em like a rented mule, 3.50 for the famous star is a good deal. if you get burger king where the qc is on point I'd take that every time.

Burger King is curiously underrated IMO. But yeah, it has to be one where they actually care or else it can be pretty terrible

Fast food burger expert here, Here is the definitive list of major chains burgers from best to gross (I threw Pete’s in there and I’ve never been to Burger Baron in my life but I hear they are pretty good);

Harvey’s Angus Double made your way
Wendy’s Big Dave Double w Cheese
In & Out Double Cheeseburger
A&W Double Teen
Peter’s Double
DQ Double Flamethrower
McDonalds Big Mac
Five Guys Double
Burger King Whopper
Carl’s Jr Puke in a Bun
Jack in the Box Diarrehea Double
Sonic Salted Shitburger

Reactions: John Price

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I got a crazy idea for our forward lineups. I doubt anyone will like them but.. when Turris is back from injury, go with

Turris McD JP
RNH Leon Yam
Ennis Khaira Archie
Kahun Haas Chiasson/Neal

Blend of skill on each line. More spread out instead of loading two lines

Just a hard no with Turris. He is finished. Neal there please.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Fast food burger expert here, Here is the definitive list of major chains (I threw Pete’s in there and I’ve never been to Burger Baron in my life but I hear they are pretty good);

A&W Double Teen
Peter’s Double
DQ Double Flamethrower
McDonalds Big Mac
Five Guys Double
Burger King Whopper
Carl’s Jr Puke in a Bun
Sonic Salted Shitburger

Good list, haven't had all of them yet. Burger Baron is good. Oddly never seen an In & Out any time I've been to the US even though it's so popular there (at least in the West). Have you had Whataburger? It's a chain from Texas and the Americans I know from the South love the place

Not a chain but Woodshed is my favourite local. They have two locations. Burger Joint and 1st Round were pretty good when I had them last but that was a few years back. Sounds like there are more burger places opening up, including another American gourmet chain (can't remember the name of it...Edit: It's Wayback Burgers, was going to check it out last year but their opening was delayed due to COVID)

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Fast food burger expert here, Here is the definitive list of major chains burgers from best to gross (I threw Pete’s in there and I’ve never been to Burger Baron in my life but I hear they are pretty good);

A&W Double Teen
Peter’s Double
DQ Double Flamethrower
McDonalds Big Mac
Five Guys Double
Burger King Whopper
Carl’s Jr Puke in a Bun
Sonic Salted Shitburger
The baron is like shyte castle without the castle. factoring in that you put Pete's in any position on your list invalidates any claimed expertise or taste. Sorry man those 2 use the same patties. or just skip the junk n go to the next act. Make sure to get the jalapeño garlic aoli for the amazing fries

Last edited:

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
and is wesk on defense. Could be very bad. And will Puljujärvi still bebgood withoutbdefensivebsupport?

Even when Pulju wasn't producing during his first few games of the season, Tippet always praised how defensively intelligent and tenacious Jesse was. I remember Kris Russell really liking his defensive game when asked about him. It seems like he's well liked in the room for his defensive zone efforts

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Great to see DRY back together. I don't expect them to go super nova again, but this team need a reliable scoring unit at evens, they're it's best bet.

I'm curious to see Neal with McPizza(™). Considering how much those two dominant puck possession, a silent assassin type, who excels down low and infront of the net, makes a lot of sense. Though you do lose the defensive presence and the line's usual high support man in RNH.

Tbt I'd still somewhat prefer to see Ennis or even Turris there instead. McPizza just needs someone that does the little things right. RNH can, but it's a role more in the paygrade of the other two.

I still think the best lineup this team can toss out is... (When healthy and not suspended...)

DRY
Turris-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Ennis-Khaira/Haas-Archibald
Neal-Khaira/Haas-Kassian(Chiasson)

Maybe rotate Turris with Kassian, Chiasson, or Neal; but the core of this lineup up DRY, McPizza, Neal/Kassian as a grinding duo, and Ennis/Archi as a speedy checking line.

Did you forget Kahun or is he just not in your top-9? Because I'd have him with McPizza.

Reactions: fuswald

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The baron is like shyte castle without the castle. factoring in that you put Pete's in any position on your list invalidates any claimed expertise or taste. Sorry man those 2 use the same patties. or just skip the junk n go to the next act. Make sure to get the jalapeño garlic aoli for the amazing fries

I used to love Pete’s burgers, but since they’ve come to Edmonton I kind of OD’d on them.

What place are you referring to as the next act?

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Tippett is a clever man. Put the DRY line back together when nobody is rolling against a team that currently has the Oilers number and when the team keeps struggling he can just say "look I tried, it didn't work, I was right all along" whenever someone asks...

I'm mighty cynical.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Neal is bad defensively? Again he’s no Selke winner but he gets the job done more often than not.

Name a better winger there?

Nygard? Nope. No hands.
Ennis? He’s locked into the 3rd line.
Kahun? He’s Nygard 2.0.
Shore? Nope.
Kassian? Hurt.
Chaisson? Suspended.
Archibald? See Ennis.
RNH. With Drai.
Yamo? See RNH.

So we arrive at Neal.

All of those guys outside of Chiasson, Shore and maybe Nygard would be a better fit with McDavid. Kahun for sure even though he has struggled with Drai. Hell, I'd even try Turris there before Neal. In fact, that's probably Turris's best role as a support player on a skill line. Evan Nashville fans were saying that he's decent in a top 6 role but brutal in a 3rd line role.

Neal can't skate, can't puck handle and can't cycle. He, like Chiasson, is good on a line when they can forecheck for a while create some chaos then get off the ice. Put either on a scoring line and you'll hate it within a period.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good list, haven't had all of them yet. Burger Baron is good. Oddly never seen an In & Out any time I've been to the US even though it's so popular there (at least in the West). Have you had Whataburger? It's a chain from Texas and the Americans I know from the South love the place

Not a chain but Woodshed is my favourite local. They have two locations. Burger Joint and 1st Round were pretty good when I had them last but that was a few years back. Sounds like there are more burger places opening up, including another American gourmet chain (can't remember the name of it...Edit: It's Wayback Burgers, was going to check it out last year but their opening was delayed due to COVID)

Never had a Whataburger. I hear Burger Priest is good too but they aren’t really a fast food drive through place mind you neither is 5 guys. I’ll have to check out Woodshed.

BigFuzzyDice

Jul 8, 2016
I used to love Pete’s burgers, but since they’ve come to Edmonton I kind of OD’d on them.

What place are you referring to as the next act?
Thats the name. 83av n gateway south. not fast food but oh so good. Twice fried fries, perfec brioche buns.

Ha Pete's. when it came here I did say it was experiencing a little piece o calgary right here. indigestion and the Hershey squirts without the 300km drive

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Never had a Whataburger. I hear Burger Priest is good too but they aren’t really a fast food drive through place mind you neither is 5 guys. I’ll have to check out Woodshed.

Been meaning to check out Burger Priest too, haven't yet

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I've never been an advocate for Neal with McDavid, but Puljujarvi's emergence might do a fair bit to cover up the flaws that I have always thought would prevent the post-Vegas version of Neal from being a good linemate for McDavid. He'll still likely be useless on the rush, but the extra space that Puljujarvi covers defensively and on the fore-check could give Neal a chance to focus on what he's still good at it (collect garbage around the net and look for quiet space in the slot).

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
All of those guys outside of Chiasson, Shore and maybe Nygard would be a better fit with McDavid. Kahun for sure even though he has struggled with Drai. Hell, I'd even try Turris there before Neal.

Neal can't skate, can't puck handle and can't cycle. He, like Chiasson, is good on a line when they can forecheck for a while create some chaos then get off the ice. Put either on a scoring line and you'll hate it within a period.

Neal is a shooter. He gets there. He cycled fine in the play ins w Khaira and Chaisson. We will have to agree to disagree.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Neal is a shooter. He gets there. He cycled fine in the play ins w Khaira and Chaisson. We will have to agree to disagree.

Neal doesn't shoot much anymore, his hands are pretty much toast. He scores by shoveling some garbage into the net by chopping at the puck which is perfectly suited for a PP role where he can just park his butt near the goalie and stab at pucks.

I'm telling you, posters will be cursing Neal out by the 2nd period if he stays on the McDavid line. He's fine on a 4th line, like the Khaira line as you mentioned, not a top line.

Reactions: Oilersfan93

BigFuzzyDice

Jul 8, 2016
Been meaning to check out Burger Priest too, haven't yet
Its ok, custom but pedestrian. the real disappointment was the silk hat, they went to burgers from a box and the last owner tore out crazy old vertical grills .then, they went under...

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
There was a really really small kiosk joint in kingsway mall food court years ago called 'Burger Way'. I used to go there when I was at NAIT. It was exceptionally good.

I used to like whoppers when they first came here but they have gone down hill a lot.

Best are still home made. I made some burgers this evening and they were freakin great.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
After living for a few years abroad, there isn't a better burger restaurant than Shake Shack.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Neal doesn't shoot much anymore, his hands are pretty much toast. He scores by shoveling some garbage into the net by chopping at the puck which is perfectly suited for a PP role where he can just park his butt near the goalie and stab at pucks.

I'm telling you, posters will be cursing Neal out by the 2nd period if he stays on the McDavid line. He's fine on a 4th line, like the Khaira line as you mentioned, not a top line.
Its alright, we have been cursing McD and Nuge for thr last 2 games. Neal will be alright.
5on5 Nuge-McD have been a liability vs TOR...

BigFuzzyDice

Jul 8, 2016
Its alright, we have been cursing McD and Nuge for thr last 2 games. Neal will be alright.
5on5 Nuge-McD have been a liability vs TOR...
Plus with chiasson in the sin bin all we can do is hope for a good game from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTIR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA