Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers: Game 3 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The app has some really good ones from time to time!!
They’ve stinged out big time though. I remember even just two years ago you could occasionally get two teen burgers for 5 bucks when they had the deal on. Now the same deal is two for ten bucks as if that’s a deal. In terms of the big fast food chains though their burgers are the best.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
DRY line back together?
We may never lose again.

Pop the champagne boys, get the cup ready.

That's not sarcasm, it's confidence.

Could see Neal being a good fit with Pulju and God too, though Kahun would also be good there. Anyone really, who cares, DRY is going to get all the goals anyway.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oilers/Leafs drinking game: Take one shot for every Oilers goal that is scored

Just kidding. That would be a terrible drinking game as we would all be sober af

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm not a Tippett hater by any means but he tinkered with a million different combos in game over the season and it took him 25 games to realize that arguably the best line in the NHL in 2020 might be worth a shot after weeks of the top 6 struggling to piss a drop of offense. Even the media guys were baffled over this. Now stick with it for a few games.

I can't say I'm a fan of the D pairings although I figured that Nurse-Bear would inevitably get paired together again. The Nurse-Bear, Russell-Barrie, Jones-Larsson pairings got torched early in the season so can't really feel too confident with those pairings going into the Leafs game. Ah well, at least DRY is back together so the team might score a goal this game.

Reactions: Cloned

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not a Tippett hater by any means but he tinkered with a million different combos in game over the season and it took him 25 games to realize that arguably the best line in the NHL in 2020 might be worth a shot after weeks of the top 6 struggling to piss a drop of offense. Even the media guys were baffled over this. Now stick with it for a few games.

I can't say I'm a fan of the D pairings although I figured that Nurse-Bear would inevitably get paired together again. The Nurse-Bear, Russell-Barrie, Jones-Larsson pairings got torched early in the season so can't really feel too confident with those pairings going into the Leafs game. Ah well, at least DRY is back together so the team might score a goal this game.

The D pairings are absolute trash as far as I'm concerned.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The D pairings are absolute trash as far as I'm concerned.

You would think, on paper, they'd work with Nurse-Bear having a decent history together and the other two pairings comprised of a stay at home guy and puckmover but Russell-Barrie and Jones-Larsson were absolute eye sores this season and I was hoping to never see them again. Could very well be another long night tomorrow night. The team looked its best with Nurse-Barrie, Lagesson-Larsson, somebody-Bouchard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Finally Neal w McDavid. Neal is a volume shooter. He scores goals, that what he does. He needs a setup man like McDavid and McDavid needs a volume shooter like Neal.

Finally DRY back together. Why that line was split up is mind boggling.

We still have 2 4th lines. We still have a terrible left side D with 4K and Klefbom out. Yea Nurse has improved but Russell and Jones in our top 6 is a disaster. Give me Lagesson over Jones any day of the week.

But Neal cant skate

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
But Neal cant skate

He is no Connor McDavid but he gets there. Don’t forget last year for half the year he had a high ankle sprain. Once that healed in the play ins he was our 4 th best Fwd after our big 3. Plus he’s a gamer. Last year he knocked Tavares silly early on in a game. We need some of that veteran savvy and gamesmanship he brings.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
They’ve stinged out big time though. I remember even just two years ago you could occasionally get two teen burgers for 5 bucks when they had the deal on. Now the same deal is two for ten bucks as if that’s a deal. In terms of the big fast food chains though their burgers are the best.
Carls jr beats em like a rented mule, 3.50 for the famous star is a good deal. if you get burger king where the qc is on point I'd take that every time.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
DRY line back together?
We may never lose again.

Pop the champagne boys, get the cup ready.

That's not sarcasm, it's confidence.

Could see Neal being a good fit with Pulju and God too, though Kahun would also be good there. Anyone really, who cares, DRY is going to get all the goals anyway.
Could be the salve for their mojo or crushed by the weight of expectations. We shall see

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Carls jr beats em like a rented mule, 3.50 for the famous star is a good deal. if you get burger king where the qc is on point I'd take that every time.

Burger King is curiously underrated IMO. But yeah, it has to be one where they actually care or else it can be pretty terrible

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
and is wesk on defense. Could be very bad. And will Puljujärvi still bebgood withoutbdefensivebsupport?

Neal is bad defensively? Again he’s no Selke winner but he gets the job done more often than not.

Name a better winger there?

Nygard? Nope. No hands.
Ennis? He’s locked into the 3rd line.
Kahun? He’s Nygard 2.0.
Shore? Nope.
Kassian? Hurt.
Chaisson? Suspended.
Archibald? See Ennis.
RNH. With Drai.
Yamo? See RNH.

So we arrive at Neal.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover