Rumor: Leafs agressively after Tanev

Pick the options you'd trade for Tanev by himself

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
You guys have been brainwashed about tanev. He’s a good player but he’s playing less and less games every year and he can’t be relied upon to stay healthy. Why do we need to give up assets and pray he does something he’s never done in his career and stay healthy?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You guys have been brainwashed about tanev. He’s a good player but he’s playing less and less games every year and he can’t be relied upon to stay healthy. Why do we need to give up assets and pray he does something he’s never done in his career and stay healthy?

I'd like to think the price will reflect that, even if rival fans think otherwise.

He's really good when he's healthy.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
If we can get Tanev for Rasanen + Bracco I do that in a second.

No matter how injury prone he is.

I’d even add a conditional 2nd if he plays X amount of games.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Right, it was Edler. Sorry I just see all the Canucks as one singular suck. Yes, I know they are not ALL the same.

A lot of Vancouver fans can be tough to deal with but there are some good ones too. Huge divide on opinion with Tanev amongst the Leaf fan base and then with what VAN/TOR would pay for Tanev.

I like Tanev and i'd like him on the team at the right price.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Highest I’d do is our 1st this year, 2nd next year and then maybe a korshkov/Rasanen level prospect but that’s pushing it.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
8 teams to which he cannot be traded.
We may be on it.

I was coming to confirm that. So that adds some intrigue. He's signed for 2 more years @ 4.45. Not a bad cost.

But I would hate to see us overspend. We have an abundance of wingers, so clearly that is what goes back (plus whatever picks make sense).

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
8 teams to which he cannot be traded.
We may be on it.
No idea why a Toronto kid that sees a great future in Toronto with no RHD that would stop him from getting big minutes, would put Toronto in his bottom 8.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Would like Tanev on our team but his injury history scares me. Would not put Kappy or Lil in the package. 1st +2nd + Bracco / Nielsen

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I was coming to confirm that. So that adds some intrigue. He's signed for 2 more years @ 4.45. Not a bad cost.

But I would hate to see us overspend. We have an abundance of wingers, so clearly that is what goes back (plus whatever picks make sense).
The injury issue coupled with the prices I hear make this a non sensical deal if you ask me.
Now, if the cost is much less, it may be worth it.

BTW, he's a TO boy so it's likely, we aren't on his list.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I'd like to think the price will reflect that, even if rival fans think otherwise.

He's really good when he's healthy.
When he’s healthy.... his body is breaking down on him. He’s playing less and less games every year , he’s hurt every part in his body.

If you’re going to spend a 1st and top prospects like some are suggesting I say you go for someone more healthy.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
No idea why a Toronto kid that sees a great future in Toronto with no RHD that would stop him from getting big minutes, would put Toronto in his bottom 8.
He probably wouldn't. But there have been locals who've said they don't want the fish bowl lifestyle.

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
I would do a 2nd i guess but thats not enough for Vancouver to trade him. Therefore i wouldnt be willing to give up a realistic return for him.
I dont think we should trade good prospects or a 1st at this point anyways. Be patient and develop your own prospects until the team is one move away from being a contender.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When he’s healthy.... his body is breaking down on him. He’s playing less and less games every year , he’s hurt every part in his body.

If you’re going to spend a 1st and top prospects like some are suggesting I say you go for someone more healthy.

I don't disagree but maybe the price will be a lot more reasonable than you seem to think to reflect those injuries.

Maybe Vancouver will sell as high as possible before the value fades... I'm not sure.

They might as well wait until the summer though.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, Tanev just spent the last 6 games injured from blocking a shot. Doctors say he's good to go, Tanev says he's good to go.

Do you put a rusty Tanev in and mess up 3 pairings worth of chemistry?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad