Jenner - - - Bozak - - - Brown
Komarov - ______ - Kapanen

Rielly - - - - Tanev
McD - - - Dermott
Hainsey - Zaitsev

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Jeez that's quite the list. I remember liking how Tanev played with Rielly for Canada so I think I'd be okay with giving him a chance but that injury list is quite scary.

I know he's a good player but looking at his track record with injuries I would shy away... Vancouver fans have said that his injuries were all freak injuries but they could be just saying that so we can buy into it.. Who knows.. I'm still not interested unless its for picks and a mid level prospect.... nothing off our current roster (unless it's Moore actually... we can get Glendening for picks too )

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I hope we don't trade for anyone.

As much as I'd love to have somebody like Mcdonagh, the thoughts of losing Liljegren, Kapanen or Dermott is downright scary.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Ill only trade for Tanev if Vancouver gives us a bubble to put him in and tact on another few years on Benning's contract along with a NTC. #Benning4Life

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
honestly

if this guy was left handed so many people would be "no thank you"
we shouldn't touch this guy with a toothpick let alone a 10 foot pole.

if you type in Is Tanev (in google predictor) it fills in "injured again"

I tried it and got a bunch of variations of that... Jeezzzzz even google thinks this trade would be bad

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
I would not want to trade Andreas Johnsson... The kid is a 7th round steal from the looks of it... Why not try him on our roster before we sell the kid... He's put up some really good numbers in AHL. His play has translated really well in North America. I'd argue even better then in Sweden. BUT that could be maturity and growth of his game

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Let the Canuck fans rip our selections I don’t care.

For that injured dude I would include none of those packages that include Liljegren, Kapanen, or JVR ... and I’d be a little hesitant to include our 1st.

Not a big fan of Tanev

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Imagine it is JVR and a 2nd for Tanev. Then Benning extends JVR. Would be so funny.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
The injury risk is real, he's already hurt, he's always hurt, what are the odds he makes it through a playoff run?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Fortunately the Leafs' brass aren't as gullible as those falling for some Van city hype over the brittle Tanev.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Solid NHL defenceman for 60 games a season. Unfortunately, the other 22 he's injured. Would be very hesitant to give up anything significant for him.

Liljegren is an absolute non-starter.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I would not want to trade Andreas Johnsson... The kid is a 7th round steal from the looks of it... Why not try him on our roster before we sell the kid... He's put up some really good numbers in AHL. His play has translated really well in North America. I'd argue even better then in Sweden. BUT that could be maturity and growth of his game

Anyone can be traded. The idea of trying before settlin is kinda moot. If you try him and he's a failure, then he's in Leivo territory, you're likely to only get a 4th out of him. If a team thinks he's good nit, maybe he's worth a 2nd. The decision point is what do the Leafs brass see him as long term. If they see him as a future top 6, then you keep him, if he's a 4th liner, you sell while he's overvalued.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Why are the cheerleading Vancouver media going so hard promoting a trade of a supposedly good RHD still under contract for 2 more seasons?

Answer: Because after they slip on their Orca jammies at night, they dream about fleecing the Toronto Maple Leafs in a trade.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I hope we don't trade for anyone.

As much as I'd love to have somebody like Mcdonagh, the thoughts of losing Liljegren, Kapanen or Dermott is downright scary.

See, I have faith in management but then rumours (unsubstantiated by management themselves) of Luke Glendening and the continuing presence of Polak make me wary.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
After thinking about it for a bit, I've concluded..

Load it full of conditions. I have no problem giving up a haul for tanev...if he actually plays and helps us make a run.

Bracco or Rasanen + guaranteed 2nd + conditional 2nd that upgrades to a 1st in 2018 or 2019(Vancouver choice) if we make the conferance finals.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Hahahaha lol give Matthew too
Martin has negative value.
Levio is 24 and has barely played the last 2 years.
Johnsson is a decent minor league prospect.

And a late 1st and what should be a future late 2nd .

And you think this is an extravagant offer for a quality D with term on a good cap hit ?

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
No option with Kappy or Liljegren. Period. Probably not Rasanen either. I want to see what we got before we give it up and I have huge faith in Mark Hunter, Liljegren is going to be a real good player in a season or two that is just crazy to even bring him up.

Bracco I am fine with losing but not packaged with our first. JVR would be okay I guess since we are losing him next year but I really want him for our post season run. If they added a conditional pick or something maybe. I am not even in love with Tanev he is often injured. Standing pat might be my favorite option here unless they wants 2nds+ prospects that we aren't going to need with the big club next season when we have 3 forwards to replace(maybe 4).

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Highest I would go is 1st + 2nd/Rasanen+ any prospect not named Kapanen, Johnsson, Liljegren, Dermott, Korshkov, Grundstrom

So basically, 1st + Rasanen/2nd (unless they want Timashov, Dzierkals, or something) + Bracco (if they take Rasanen, I'd consider replacing Bracco with the lower 2nd this year- but ideally the 2019 2nd) would be my best proposed package. So essentially what Hamonic got.

If I'm being honest though, if that 1st ends up being Miller/Denisenko/Samuelsson....and the draft started today (and they dropped to us), I'd revoke the offer. Tanev is a good player and fit but his injury history is a sticking point. I'd do that package above easily for Hammer though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad