Rumor: Leafs agressively after Tanev

Pick the options you'd trade for Tanev by himself

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
on TR/FA main board already, apparently Leafs are 1 of 2 teams agressively after Tanev. Benning said he'd be willing to trade D for forwards after signing Gudbranson to a longterm contract. Going to add some options on a poll of what we'd be willing to give up as fans, would be cool to look back at if Tanev does come to Toronto. Didn't take anyone other than Kappy & JVR off the roster as options, make your case for another player if so but you can use the players listed as relative values

Source is Dalliwal, apparently a great VAN source

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Johnsson is not playing tonight and hes not injured....feel its for Tanev or Mcdonagh who we are both after..so they say

Reactions: FADYB

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Johnsson + 1st, 1st + 2nd, 1st + JVR, 1st + 2nd + Prospect? Come on OP
Lol there's gonna be tons of potential trades, I'd like to see the potential options the collective fan base is willing to give up. Please pick all the options you'd be willing to give up for him
27 options and still no option that I like, none of the above.
You wouldn't give up a 2nd for him? Lol..

Reactions: supermann_98

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Lol there's gonna be tons of potential trades, I'd like to see the potential options the collective fan base is willing to give up. Please pick all the options you'd be willing to give up for him

I was saying what you said you’d give up and that’s insanity.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Considering the Hamonic trade and other prices for good top 4 defenders the price will at least be a 1st + 2nd for Vancouver to trade him. Leafs draft picks could be very late too.

I'd do a 1st + 2nd + B/C prospect if they take Polak too.

He is very injury prone but is a really good fit and signed reasonably for a few more years.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I think the ceiling has to be what the Islanders got for Hamonic (1st + 2 2nds).

Anything more, and the Canucks can take a hike.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Seriously people go look at his games played every year, this is not the guy we want, especially for the price a lot of you are voting for.

edit: over the last 5 seasons he’s played 76% of his games. That’s good for 62 games a year on average.

Reactions: TimeZone and weems

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I was saying what you said you’d give up and that’s insanity.
Not what I'd want to give up but what I'd tolerate. The JVR one is really because I really want to turn him into our next core RHD, probably an overpayment. You saw Gardiner with Hainsey, and Rielly dominates the Worlds with Tanev. Then Dermott & Zaitsev dominating 3rd pair competition? Yes please. Even if it was the one with JVR, that's still top 5 d core, goalie and forwards IMO.

And really NYI was asking JVR + 1st for Hamonic, and they got a 1st & 2nd, these aren't that far off what we should expect considering Tanev > Hamonic

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->