Rumor: Leafs agressively after Tanev

Pick the options you'd trade for Tanev by himself

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Tanev is a solid defender. Injury prone. Somehow he's become on of the most overrated players on these boards the last couple seasons. I wouldn't pay significant assets for a defender like this. He is not significantly better than a guy like Jason Demers who was available to sign just last offseason.

2nd + Leivo + Carrick for Tanev is the most i'd do.

I think he'd be a good fit on any pairing but as a secondary piece.

Reactions: Jeypic

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
:laugh: Don’t let the truth stop you from spewing baseless nonsense.... Oddly enough, anyone credible agrees he was a valued member of that team.

You’re clueless.
I'd rather believe penguins fans than any of you guys.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Makes me laugh...how can we be going hard on Tanev..and Mcdonagh apparently and you have to assume at least calling on Eks price tag.

Its a buyers market..so many teams selling, so the sellers better take what they can as closer to the TD the risk losing their rentals for zero assets.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Makes me laugh...how can we be going hard on Tanev..and Mcdonagh apparently and you have to assume at least calling on Eks price tag.

Its a buyers market..so many teams selling, so the sellers better take what they can as closer to the TD the risk losing their rentals for zero assets.
None of the D you listed are rentals , they all have term left .

Last edited:

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Mike Green there lol. Even still the other two are different EK is going to demand top dollar after hes up. Tanev well I hope the leafs steer clear..hes Lupul 2.0 made of glass. Hes been out longterm what 3x so far this yr.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Except you’re not, you’re clueless, as usual.. Did you not watch? ... He was acquired as depth and played higher in the lineup. Why? Sullivan relied on him because he played poorly?

Try to think for yourself... Parroting others consistently has you sounding stupid.
That's the most stupid logic ever. Of course you would say it. You contribute nothing at all. If the leafs got a #7 dman at the deadline and they play him on the top pairing if hainsey gets injured and he plays like crap, does that mean he's good?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
That's the most stupid logic ever. Of course you would say it. You contribute nothing at all. If the leafs got a #7 dman at the deadline and they play him on the top pairing if hainsey gets injured and he plays like crap, does that mean he's good?

Well at least your comments and avatar line up.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This is the predictability of marketing. A trade deadline rumour is like the release of a new model of the iPhone. The name of some run of the mill defender can get floated (planted?) in the media then there is a buying itch in Leafs' nation that needs to be scratched.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
:laugh: Why is a player being moved up in the lineup if he’s playing like crap? That makes sense to you?

Most people watch the games and form their own opinions but since you’ve acknowledged you didn’t watch and can’t think for yourself, I thought maybe you were sensible enough to recognize Mike Sullivan’s opinion is more credible than the idiot you read on the internet.. Silly me.

:laugh:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Tanev for Bracco, 1st, Martin and carrick is what I'd offer. Carrick's the price of dumping martin on them, so Bracco and a mid to low 1st for tanev is fair value.

this is why Lou said no last summer, Vancouver insisting on a 1st, it aint happening and won't happen at least not for a Dman of Tanevs capabilities

Bracco while he isn't exactly burning it up in the A yet, he's getting better every time out and is now starting to see some PP time, he should see some NHL time by next year, this kid looks like a player

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Except he didn't play like crap. He worked his way up the lineup due to his reliability and helped his team win a cup. He's having a similar stabilizing effect with Reilly. Not sure how this is going over your head

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad