Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Gary Roberts took a job with the Kraken. I wonder how this will effect QBs regimen?

I think it’s a consultant role, similar to what the Kings had going with Adam Oates, when he was used as an outside consultant. Not sure if Gary Robert’s is giving up his actual training program, which is mostly used by pros in the offseason anyhow.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I think it’s a consultant role, similar to what the Kings had going with Adam Oates, when he was used as an outside consultant. Not sure if Gary Robert’s is giving up his actual training program, which is mostly used by pros in the offseason anyhow.

Agreed, it was mentioned on either Hockey Central or 31 Thoughts, and one of the insiders said it wouldn't affect his actual training business. It sounded like Roberts would be most involved in the setup of Seattle's facilities and programming to ensure they started things on the right foot.

Reactions: DrHansReinhardt

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
QB is the guest on the latest edition of Soul on Ice, Akil Thomas’ podcast. Thomas talks a little about Germany too. It’s a good listen along with a bit of banter so you can see they are already developing good chemistry. Both are going to be key culture guys. It’s interesting what Thomas says about the difference the ice size makes and how they have much more space there is to make plays, which he needs to adapt to.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Cory Stillman was the 6th overall pick in 1992, won the Cup twice, has a son that was drafted in 2016 and a 17 year old currently on the Wolves... and he's coached Quinton Byfield for the past two seasons.

I couldn't think of a better person to talk about Byfield and his career potential. Hope you guys enjoy it. Some interesting nuggets in there I thought.

EDIT : I REALLY need to figure out how to embed these things...

Hopefully the stupid stuff about his game IQ is now answered and buried...

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I think the WJC tourney is scheduled for Xmas day kickoff in Edmonton.

Wonder what the lines will be for CAN and the US. Does anyone know if Lafreniere is participating?

Reactions: BringTheReign

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Aren't they doing a bubble for the WJC, or am I thinking of the playoffs? But they're happening in Edmonton yeah

ill see if i can get the link when back at my desk

Reactions: BringTheReign

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
I think the WJC tourney is scheduled for Xmas day kickoff in Edmonton.

Wonder what the lines will be for CAN and the US. Does anyone know if Lafreniere is participating?
If the NHL starts anytime in January, I doubt Lafreniere will be playing. Rangers probably don't want to risk him getting injured, especially since its been about 9 months since his last game.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I know this is the QB thread and not the 2021 WJC thread but I have quite a few guys I am curious about their WJC status along with QB.

Token

May 15, 2019
Kings drafted one Canadian player last year (Jordan Spence) and one Canadian player this year (Quinton Byfield). Both are invited to take part in Hockey Canada's national junior team selection camp.
The Fin goalie in the 4th round was born in Canada where his dad was Laing in the NHL so technically two Canadians.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Cory Stillman was the 6th overall pick in 1992, won the Cup twice, has a son that was drafted in 2016 and a 17 year old currently on the Wolves... and he's coached Quinton Byfield for the past two seasons.

I couldn't think of a better person to talk about Byfield and his career potential. Hope you guys enjoy it. Some interesting nuggets in there I thought.

EDIT : I REALLY need to figure out how to embed these things...

Fantastic interview. I know we disagree vehemently on the draft, etc, but please know I truly appreciate your work and contributions. Thank you for doing these.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fantastic interview. I know we disagree vehemently on the draft, etc, but please know I truly appreciate your work and contributions. Thank you for doing these.

May have already said it but I just want to echo this. Was a really good episode too.

I really liked when Jesse punched Stillman in the stomach asking him if he'd have taken Byfield #1 :laugh: good Q+A there though!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Have you or anyone else heard anything about the World Juniors? Are they happening this year?

Saw this the other day. I believe it's happening perhaps that's why Turcotte has left the German team for the Selection camp.
Edit: Lets hope we have a better coaching staff this year then the disaster we had last year. Hoping for a great tournament for our boys.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

If it makes you feel any better I don't take it personally when people disagree with me on my opinions that I know are extreme. At the end of the day I still do what I do because I remember what it was like to be a fan with almost zero access and zero coverage of the team. I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you liked the interview! Keep on doing what you do!

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Oh and btw... Andreas Lilja on Helge Grans is up next.

EDIT : Former King Andreas Lilja is an assistant coach for the Malmo Redhawks where Helge Grans plays.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
With the news that checking may be banned in the OHL, you have to think that Byfield will play in the NHL this season.

Reactions: BlackMetalED

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
With the news that checking may be banned in the OHL, you have to think that Byfield will play in the NHL this season.

Was just going to mention that no checking nonsense, I think Byfield should be assigned to Europe. Liiga or DEL would be ideal as they are the most physical leagues while also being quality pro leagues

Reactions: KopitarFAN

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Andres Lilja huh? Are you sure it's not Peter Worrell?
Haha thats funny. I grew up in south florida when he was on the panthers and he would come skate with us at practice and clinics. The nicest guy ever but I swear he could barely skate

Reactions: Lt Dan

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Oh and btw... Andreas Lilja on Helge Grans is up next.

EDIT : Former King Andreas Lilja is an assistant coach for the Malmo Redhawks where Helge Grans plays.

I wonder if he'll look the same as he always has
peter-worrell-1998-234.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad