Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The first overall pick in the 2018 OHL Priority Draft, Quinton Byfield has lived up to the hype for the Sudbury Wolves. In his rookie season, he scored 29 goals and 32 assists for 61 points in 64 games. It was enough to earn him both the OHL and CHL Rookie of the Year Awards. He added eight points in eight playoff games. In the summer, he joined Team Canada at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, scoring eight points in eight games and winning a silver medal.

This season, Byfield has been even better. He put up 32 goals and 50 assists for 82 points in 45 games played. He also made Team Canada for the World Junior Championships, and while he only had one assist in the tournament, he helped the team to a gold medal.

Here is our scouting Report
Quinton Byfield Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #2

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I was leaning Stutzle, but I don't think they lose with either player.

Welcome to L.A. Mr. Byfield :thumbu:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
The first overall pick in the 2018 OHL Priority Draft, Quinton Byfield has lived up to the hype for the Sudbury Wolves. In his rookie season, he scored 29 goals and 32 assists for 61 points in 64 games. It was enough to earn him both the OHL and CHL Rookie of the Year Awards. He added eight points in eight playoff games. In the summer, he joined Team Canada at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, scoring eight points in eight games and winning a silver medal.

This season, Byfield has been even better. He put up 32 goals and 50 assists for 82 points in 45 games played. He also made Team Canada for the World Junior Championships, and while he only had one assist in the tournament, he helped the team to a gold medal.

Here is our scouting Report
Quinton Byfield Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #2

So happy they didn't do anything stupid

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
There was no way to lose choosing between Byfield and Stützle, but I’m very happy with our choice. Congrats to Ottawa as well.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
Really relieved tbh. All that Canadian media had me believing Stutzle for a bit. Great pick, hope it pans out like we hope it will. Cheers Kings Fans

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Had a rough day at work. Then Trump comes out and stops any talks regarding Stimulus. My stocks tank. Hey at least I can celebrate the Kings taking Stutzle.
Nope.

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Byfield taking styling tips from Indy.

temple-of-doom_club-obi-wan.jpg

Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->