Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Is Byfield eligible for Europe if he chooses not to play in the OHL? I would assume his Kings contract supersedes his OHL contract? I honestly have no idea how it works. Little help here....

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
From The Athletic:

"The expectations have changed with Byfield shifting into a more prominent role. He was asked if there was less pressure trying to make the team this time.

“There’s always pressure,” he said. “That’s what you want as a hockey player. You have to use that to your advantage. Nothing is really given to you. You have to work for it.”"

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
From The Athletic:

"The expectations have changed with Byfield shifting into a more prominent role. He was asked if there was less pressure trying to make the team this time.

“There’s always pressure,” he said. “That’s what you want as a hockey player. You have to use that to your advantage. Nothing is really given to you. You have to work for it.”"
The excitement builds... I must figure out how to get it in the uk.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Even sitting down, the dude visually looks mammoth compared to the other kid. Granted, some of these kids will get bigger and not look as small compared to him 5 years from now like they do now at 18-19. But wow, what a potential weapon he will be.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It will be interesting if he plays more physical with the added weight he gained.

That was the coach comment that intrigued me most--"HUGE [difference]", calling him a man out there, focused on his intensity.

He's 'the guy' now, not just a roster afterthought--excited to see how he leads, and he seems to KNOW he needs to use his body and be physical. It will be purposeful.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
That was the coach comment that intrigued me most--"HUGE [difference]", calling him a man out there, focused on his intensity.

He's 'the guy' now, not just a roster afterthought--excited to see how he leads, and he seems to KNOW he needs to use his body and be physical. It will be purposeful.
He is also going to be the focal point of the opposing team. It'll be nice to see how he handles it

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I like skilled playmakers as much as the next guy, but THIS excites me. I think his shot is underrated actually because he was unselfish and probably passed more than he should've on his Sudbury team. I believe he had a 20%+ shooting percentage. Something obscene.

His shooting percentage in 2019-20 was 21.6%.

Also, a bit of a preview of what’s to come, courtesy of FSW.

Reactions: cyclones22

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I had to slap myself again. Dude is 6'4" and 225 freakin pounds!!!! At 18 freakin years old!!! Dayum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad