Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
QB is going to continue to put on muscle, but let's not forget this kid could still grow another inch or two. Imagine him at 6'6, like a linebacker on skates.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Man with all this height, muscle and bulk can you just imagine if he was like Jerome Iginla. Heart, sole, toughness. He would be unstoppable. I just want him to be good is all.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Man with all this height, muscle and bulk can you just imagine if he was like Jerome Iginla. Heart, sole, toughness. He would be unstoppable. I just want him to be good is all.

The kid is definitely motivated. He’s even added like 10 more pounds working with Gary Roberts over the summer.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The kid is definitely motivated. He’s even added like 10 more pounds working with Gary Roberts over the summer.
Yep, on one of the interviews I saw with Byfield he said he’s now 222 lbs, 6’ 4 3/4”. Hes been working out and skating with NHL players (including McDavid) all the way through the shutdown and on the ice around 4 times per week. I think he said there were only 2 weeks where he was off the ice, just after the shutdown started.

No it’s not as good as playing, but he will have moved the development needle forward.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Yep, on one of the interviews I saw with Byfield he said he’s now 222 lbs, 6’ 4 3/4”. Hes been working out and skating with NHL players (including McDavid) all the way through the shutdown and on the ice around 4 times per week. I think he said there were only 2 weeks where he was off the ice, just after the shutdown started.

No it’s not as good as playing, but he will have moved the development needle forward.

More importantly it shows me this kid is willing to put in the effort, not just to make it to the next level but also excel and be a dominant player.

It was easy to see how bummed Stutzle was that LA didn’t draft him, but Byfield is going to help lead LA to another cup down the road.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
More importantly it shows me this kid is willing to put in the effort, not just to make it to the next level but also excel and be a dominant player.

It was easy to see how bummed Stutzle was that LA didn’t draft him, but Byfield is going to help lead LA to another cup down the road.
I agree, he didn’t look too happy, did he?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Hot dayem, I'm absolutely ecstatic to read all these reports. My goodness can we start this season tomorrow already. Have I ever been more excited to start a season then this year. NO. Lets go!!! In truthfulness all this excitement will lead to another lottery year. I can totally see it, but if we just luck out and get the 1st overall next year. LOL. My heart is pumpin.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Hot dayem, I'm absolutely ecstatic to read all these reports. My goodness can we start this season tomorrow already. Have I ever been more excited to start a season then this year. NO. Lets go!!! In truthfulness all this excitement will lead to another lottery year. I can totally see it, but if we just luck out and get the 1st overall next year. LOL. My heart is pumpin.
even if the NHL team finishes low, the overall trajectory of the org is really gonna be unveiled next season. i'm really excited for camps too, a lot to be learned

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I think the hunched over skating he at times does, is because of using a shorter stick...but the shorter stick gives him the ability to make those tight space maneuvers. Jari Kurri used a short stick. Didn’t hurt his game.

He’s sure working out hard and the fact that his buddy Akil Thomas now
Has 15 inch pipes, they will all inspire each other...Turcotte too has
Bulked up...now, with 158 lb Madden in Germany with Thomas and
Turcotte, hopefully he works out with them and gets to 170 and
Much stronger. He may not have the frame to be 185...so be it.
Many players now 170 and fine. I would not want Madden to
Lose his agility and speed. But this 158 lbs wont probably
Cut it at the NHL level.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think the hunched over skating he at times does, is because of using a shorter stick...but the shorter stick gives him the ability to make those tight space maneuvers. Jari Kurri used a short stick. Didn’t hurt his game.

He’s sure working out hard and the fact that his buddy Akil Thomas now
Has 15 inch pipes, they will all inspire each other...Turcotte too has
Bulked up...now, with 158 lb Madden in Germany with Thomas and
Turcotte, hopefully he works out with them and gets to 170 and
Much stronger. He may not have the frame to be 185...so be it.
Many players now 170 and fine. I would not want Madden to
Lose his agility and speed. But this 158 lbs wont probably
Cut it at the NHL level.

Kailer Yamamoto weighed in at 153 pounds last year, and several guys came in under 165 including Gaudreau, DeBrincat, Point, Farabee, and Gusev. It's a different NHL out there. I think the problem with a guy like Gaudreau is he's expected to be the guy all the time for Calgary, whereas guys like Point and DeBrincat have a lot of help (not that Point needs it)!

Reactions: Steve Zissou

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I definitely think he’s at least starting the season in LA. When have the Kings ever announced what number a player will be wearing when they announce an entry-level contract signing?

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hey guys, just dropping in. Understand that there's a ton of uncertainty, but any rumours on whether he will play with the Kings this year or do the WJC/OHL route again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad