Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
LA's got their QB!
I remember everyone in Southern California saying this when this guy came onto the scene. Unfortunately, his best pass was almost always a handoff to this guy. I am sure the LA Kings QB will be much better.

dieterbrock.jpg

Reactions: Guitpik

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Congratulations guys. I'm biased but he's a good one. Watched many games. All the tools. Big strong athletic offensive player. Plays well in his end and skating is top notch. Skated with a few pros already, couldn't tell the difference. Enjoy and treat him well.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Haven't read through the thread so dunno if it's been covered but........ that interview!!!! How many times did the dude say "ya know"...? I'm thinking it was 37. Hopefully, Anze can teach this dude how to perform for a TV interview........

Token

May 15, 2019
I think he has the better skill set to be a wing, but in the short-term, he probably stays at C and when Turcotte is ready, he could move to wing.
As long as Vilardi maintains his 53% draw rate at the dot ... he at least taking the faceoffs.

Turcotte has the better motor for the wing and board battles, but as Todd says:”They all play the forward position”.

Reactions: Guitpik

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I remember everyone in Southern California saying this when this guy came onto the scene. Unfortunately, his best pass was almost always a handoff to this guy. I am sure the LA Kings QB will be much better.

dieterbrock.jpg

Is that Dieter Brock?

Had a good career here in Canada. I remember him with my hometown Tiger -Cats after we had traded for him from Winnipeg for Tom Clements. Not a good trade. :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Wonder if Pronman or Wheeler will have the Kings in prospect organizational rankings. Last year was a little further than I thought we'd be. Think they had us #12 or #13... Odd since the Kings probably have the deepest pool of prospects.

Also wonder where Byfield and the slot in terms of prospect rankings. Byfield is definitely #1 now but curious to see where the others will rank.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Is that Dieter Brock?

Had a good career here in Canada. I remember him with my hometown Tiger -Cats after we had traded for him from Winnipeg for Tom Clements. Not a good trade. :laugh:
That is Dieter Brock. In his one year with the Rams his QB rating was 82.0.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Wonder if Pronman or Wheeler will have the Kings in prospect organizational rankings. Last year was a little further than I thought we'd be. Think they had us #12 or #13... Odd since the Kings probably have the deepest pool of prospects.

Also wonder where Byfield and the slot in terms of prospect rankings. Byfield is definitely #1 now but curious to see where the others will rank.

Pretty sure Vilardi’s short stretch in the NHL will vault him back to #2.

Top five will very likely be this order:

1. QB
2. Vilardi
3. Turcotte
4. Kaliyev
5. Bjornfot

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019

That ranking consisted of players in the NHL as well. We have what? Kempe- that was a full time NHLer under 24 last season? They both agreed we are one of, if not the best prospect pool in the league, but we are barebones when it comes to young NHL talent. That will not be the case next season.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Not gon lie the potential is very exciting for sure and difficult to turn down someone with his size speed and skill but I fear his size was what allowed him to dominate his peers and Stutzle man he was a magician with the puck and what we needed . We have Turcotte , Vilardi , Kopitar and millions other centers . Maybe one gets traded now idk but I fear he has the biggest potential to bust . Hope I’m wrong .

P.S - Someone with his size among all his peers should have put up better numbers . Stutzle is a wiz , idk
Historically, Byfield hasn't used size to muscle players and toss around smaller competition. He has used his speed and skill to out play the opposition. That being the fact, the smaller players should've had an advantage over him, yet he was still able to put up big numbers. This past season he started to add a physical attribute to his game. Yet watching his tape, he is not over physical at all. That is pure talent. That's what makes him such a rare player that in my opinion was too much to leave on the table at #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad