Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
For the record, (sane)Kings fans laugh at those too. Sekera is instanly one of our best skaters and passers.

Brown's skating should be the one they are complaining about and Muzzin makes more turnovers than a bakery

It's Suckera man. He sucks.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He got schooled, ala Meyers on Brown during the second period at around the 16:40 mark, but wasn't as horrible as he was during the Ducks game.

So, in other words, you're looking for him to make a bad play (yet one not captured in the highlights so surely less than Muzzin's gaffe) but you can't acknowledge all the other positive highlights, just one bad play makes him horrible.

I can't wait till the full game is available to me tomorrow so I can see what your assessment of him getting schooled is..because at this point all the unsubstantiated driveby posts with no evidence or basis in reality aren't just bad opinions, they're borderline trolling.

Ron*

So, in other words, you're looking for him to make a bad play (yet one not captured in the highlights so surely less than Muzzin's gaffe) but you can't acknowledge all the other positive highlights, just one bad play makes him horrible.

I can't wait till the full game is available to me tomorrow so I can see what your assessment of him getting schooled is..because at this point all the unsubstantiated driveby posts with no evidence or basis in reality aren't just bad opinions, they're borderline trolling.

Yup it's just trolling now. IMO this thread has run its course. Sekera will be an integral part of this year's run.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
The lack of points is like so totally Sekera's fault, guys. Like when I traded for a D man in NHL15 he like scored right away. So I don't know what this Sekera dude's problem is. He like sucks and stuff.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

One bad play can cost you a critical game in the playoffs.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
DS still maneuvering the D around quite a bit, but no McBain dressing while Sekera in the lineup. I'd like to still see Sekera only on the left side. Sit McNabb. Pairs would be JM-DD, AS-MG, RRMcB.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One bad play can cost you a critical game in the playoffs.

I agree. Also not my point at all. No defenseman is flawless and if that's the standard you were looking for then your expectations were off entirely, so if you're watching the game just expecting a pass to get picked off or him to get dropped with a hit, you're likely to see it at some point however minor. But that's also without keeping in mind all the positive things he did in yesterday's game, the fact that it was his first win with the team and only third game with yet a different partner, and without mentioning any good about his play.

Do you understand why it's hard for anyone to take you seriously? I'd love to hear good criticism but you have yet to provide any with evidence.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
He got schooled, ala Meyers on Brown during the second period at around the 16:40 mark, but wasn't as horrible as he was during the Ducks game.

Who is this guy? To the main boards you go, you'd fit in better.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
DS still maneuvering the D around quite a bit, but no McBain dressing while Sekera in the lineup. I'd like to still see Sekera only on the left side. Sit McNabb. Pairs would be JM-DD, AS-MG, RRMcB.

This. Even though McNabb is better than McBain IMO, I think this is the only option until A-Mart returns, who can effectively play both sides.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. There just seems to be no perfect way to organize our current personnel, huh? I just don't want Matt Greene getting 2nd pairing minutes under any circumstances anymore though, heh.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I agree. Also not my point at all. No defenseman is flawless and if that's the standard you were looking for then your expectations were off entirely, so if you're watching the game just expecting a pass to get picked off or him to get dropped with a hit, you're likely to see it at some point however minor. But that's also without keeping in mind all the positive things he did in yesterday's game, the fact that it was his first win with the team and only third game with yet a different partner, and without mentioning any good about his play.

Do you understand why it's hard for anyone to take you seriously? I'd love to hear good criticism but you have yet to provide any with evidence.

I agree that no defenseman is flawless, but if Sekera is supposed to be a $5 million plus type of defenseman and second pairing guy that plays about 20 minutes, I expect him not to make rookie level mistakes like that.

I have already explained my criticism in detail in this thread, and even gave you the period and time in the the period he made that mistake, which a second pairing guy should not make. What level of "evidence" have you provided for your comment regarding all of the "positive things" he has done?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree that no defenseman is flawless, but if Sekera is supposed to be a $5 million plus type of defenseman and second pairing guy that plays about 20 minutes, I expect him not to make rookie level mistakes like that.

I have already explained my criticism in detail in this thread, and even gave you the period and time in the the period he made that mistake, which a second pairing guy should not make. What level of "evidence" have you provided for your comment regarding all of the "positive things" he has done?

I'll be happy to look up that play when it's available in my area, but for such an egregious play, no one else seems to be commenting/remembering it...and again, you're expecting a defenseman who just came cross-coast to play in his third game with a new team and system to be flawless. Oh wait, not flawless, just to not make egregious mistakes that no one else remembers. And then you don't notice the other 99% of the game when he's playing exceedingly well.

You explained your criticism a page or so back but the problems were they were in direct conflict with what everyone else was seeing...can't move the puck? Come on. I don't know what level of evidence I need to provide for simple, effective plays, but once that game is available, I'll give you a list. I never said he did anything highlight-worthy.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
How do you feel when Doughty messes up and it turns into a goal? Should we trade him?

Doughty plays over half the game and is a huge driver in our wins game in and game out. Whatever mistake he makes pales in comparison to the goals he contributes and plays he generates. Sekera is not even close to a dominating force like Doughty. For him to justify playing 20 minutes a goal as a second pair I expect Willie Mitchel like performance, i.e., solid positioning, short and quick plays with the puck to get it out of the zone etc.

And for the record, I am not criticising Sekera because he does not play like Doughty. I am merely responding to your comment.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Can you provide some actual examples of his "bad play" (more than one)? All I've seen you post is that he is bad.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can you provide some actual examples of his "bad play" (more than one)? All I've seen you post is that he is bad.

Anyone not in the LA area should have access to the gamecenter full-game footage to look it up. FOr the rest of us in Socal, we'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
The guy has only played in a couple of games in an entirely new system. I think he's adapted quite well so far. I mean, anyone remember the train wreck RR was when he first came over? Sekera is a smooth skater and has great puck handling/passing ability, and that's just based on what I've seen so far. I think we should all be so fortunate we actually have smooth skater on D since we've had to endure the pylon-esque Greene, RR, McNabb, McBain...etc. I mean two of our best skating D are out of the lineup. He is also a possession player to boot.

I like all these unrealistic expectations of players who come over and are going to be instant super stars. I can't think of one player we've ever traded for, in the DL-era, who hasn't needed at least a handful of games under their belt before they made a significant impact. That includes Carter and Gabby. The guy has to find his groove, get chemistry with some line mates, and acclimate to the system.

And seriously, if someone is going to micro-analyze one-play/mistake as a player's complete worth, you may as well blow up the whole ****ing team. We've seen extreme stretches of play where the top six have looked completely lost. Don't get me started on Brown/Stoll/Williams.

:shakehead

Last edited:

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I just finished watching last nights game and Sekera looked great. I am surprised at his foot speed and he is getting his positioning in our system down a little more each game. Really a pretty solid effort all things considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad