Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Talent shows itself eventually. It's way tougher to come in to a new team at the trade deadline as a Top 4 defenseman as opposed to a Top 6 winger. Responsibilities between the 2 aren't even in the same stratosphere and you really need to get to know your defensive partner's tendencies, which could take some time.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Talent shows itself eventually. It's way tougher to come in to a new team at the trade deadline as a Top 4 defenseman as opposed to a Top 6 winger. Responsibilities between the 2 aren't even in the same stratosphere and you really need to get to know your defensive partner's tendencies, which could take some time.

It doesn't matter where you come in really. I think I looked it up last year and both Carter and Gaborik took 7 games to get their first goals. And they both scored 2 goals in that 7th game if I remember right. But in the end both became very important parts down the stretch and into the finals.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Sekera had a very good game but I think Sutter was just tweaking the media again. Clifford had a great game and McNabb had his best game as a King.

I just think it was great he got some recognition, especially for all the haters out there. I also agree with Clifford and McNabb. I haven't exactly been a McNabb fan, but he's been pretty good. Nolan is one I have been super impressed with. Guy has been a beast. Hope he keeps it up to and into the POs.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
The Islander's Johnny Boychuk just signed a 7 year 42 million deal (aav of 6mil). I don't think Sekera would demand (or deserve) more than this from the Kings.

Sekera had a very good game but I think Sutter was just tweaking the media again. Clifford had a great game and McNabb had his best game as a King.

And probably trying to instill a little confidence in the guy. I feel bad for saying "Suckera" earlier in this thread. It was completely tongue in cheek. But I guess people have it out for him. I think he has played well since his first few games. You can tell he is adjusting.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Him and McNabb have been our best d-pairing over the last stretch of games. His mobility and puck skills are back it seems with the confidence on where to be. He admits to still 'thinking' through the system and learning as he goes, which is apparent, but he brings speed and puck control and positioning that were missing down the lineup with Voynov out--martinez filled in as much as he could but was playing too many minutes (and of course now he's out :( ), but adding Sekera slots Martinez naturally which makes us deadly when healthy.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Him and McNabb have been our best d-pairing over the last stretch of games. His mobility and puck skills are back it seems with the confidence on where to be. He admits to still 'thinking' through the system and learning as he goes, which is apparent, but he brings speed and puck control and positioning that were missing down the lineup with Voynov out--martinez filled in as much as he could but was playing too many minutes (and of course now he's out :( ), but adding Sekera slots Martinez naturally which makes us deadly when healthy.

I wonder where we'd be right now if we had Martinez, Pearson and Voynov all year. Man this season has been an obstacle course, some obstacles coming internally and some from outside.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I wonder where we'd be right now if we had Martinez, Pearson and Voynov all year. Man this season has been an obstacle course, some obstacles coming internally and some from outside.

Every team goes through that though... Flames lost Gio, Canucks lost Miller, etc etc.

We've been lucky in that none of our "star" guys like Kopi, Doughty, etc have missed any significant amount of time.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Every team goes through that though... Flames lost Gio, Canucks lost Miller, etc etc.

We've been lucky in that none of our "star" guys like Kopi, Doughty, etc have missed any significant amount of time.

Let's not bring that back up, shall we? :shakehead

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e602178c1970c-800wi

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Injuries, I agree. Everyone has that.

No one has the NHL/NHLPA capblocking us and suspending their top four defenseman for 63 games and counting, the longest suspension in NHL history.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
His skating and puck moving skills was his strong points here.

Glad he's figuring out the system.

The only thing he wasn't here was a physical hitter, but that was never going to be his role.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
His skating and puck moving skills was his strong points here.

Glad he's figuring out the system.

The only thing he wasn't here was a physical hitter, but that was never going to be his role.

I've actually been surprised, he's made more contact than advertised. he's absolutely annihilated at least 2 people though I'm not sure he expected it :laugh:

He's no banger but his defense reminds me very much of Voynov, check their hands/arms, get inside, use leverage. Also makes it easier to come out with the puck when you can just stride away instead of stepping over a corpse.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

That's the thing that sucks. Each time the team has prepped to defend their title, something unexpected happens to our blueline. Losing Mitchell for the 2013 season during the lockout, then Greene on opening day killed our repeat chances. Lombardi picked up McNabb in part to help replace Mitchell, as his departure was expected. But Voynov getting into legal hot water was very unexpected to say the least. Oh well, that's why it's hard to repeat.

On Sekera, I don't know how it will work, but I really do hope we keep him after this season. I like what I'm seeing lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00