Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
DL hands out 1st round picks like candy, but can't argue with the results lately. Gotta hope the later round drafting success continues to make up for it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
DL hands out 1st round picks like candy, but can't argue with the results lately. Gotta hope the deep drafting continues to make up for it.

Yeah, the cupboards of bluechippers are pretty bare. Glad we keep hitting on later picks, but I can't see much left to trade away after this year :laugh:

Good signal to the team though, too. You're playing your way in? okay, I'm going to help you. We're all in. **** yeah.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Don't really care about the prospect unless it's Zykov, Kempe or Forbort but the 1st rounder stings. I hope it's in '16. And they better have some sort of plan to keep this guy, can't pay that amount for a pure rental.

Captain Mittens*

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sekera is phenomenal. You just got another top pairing defenseman. I'll definitely be following along to see how he does in LA.

:handclap:

Further scouting report? I did a lot of digging when the rumors first started, but still have a hard time getting a read.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Holy ****. Totally didn't expect this. I knew we liked him, hell I've liked him for many years, but I didn't think for a second we would land him! Would be even more amazing if we actually were able to lock him up. No matter what though, I applaud Lombardi. Even though the price is considerable, in the end the Kings are Stanley Cup contenders, and they've proven right now that they deserve the full shot this season. Huge acquisition!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad