Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Carolina doesn't play even remotely close to the pace the Kings do. It's going to take a bit for Sekera to adjust.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Jesus Christ dude, will you just stop?

I don't remember you like this in past seasons...you are down on every player and every game...and this is a news flash: we won this game. So cheer up.

What are you talking about? He's exactly as described so far. I'm not piling on him or calling it a bad trade yet. Just described how he's been thus far. Chill.

Regehr was pretty dreadful when the Kings first got him but I gave him a chance and he improved quite a bit.

Right now, a bunch of guys on the blueline are performing like mental midgets, and it drags their partners down along with 'em. Quite a few times I saw defensemen putting their partners in a bad position with bad passes tonight.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Like I said, mediocre. The dropoff between Doughty and Muzzin is pretty much the Grand ****ing Canyon.

See above for the metrics from last game. He's right up there with them. And that was while carrying around the drunk corpse of Robyn Regehr.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
What are you talking about? He's exactly as described so far. I'm not piling on him or calling it a bad trade yet. Just described how he's been thus far. Chill.

Regehr was pretty dreadful when the Kings first got him but I gave him a chance and he improved quite a bit.

Right now, a bunch of guys on the blueline are performing like mental midgets, and it drags their partners down along with 'em. Quite a few times I saw defensemen putting their partners in a bad position with bad passes tonight.

Haha Greene every single night.

A-Mart/Muzzin/McNabb bail Greene out nightly.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Jesus Christ dude, will you just stop?

I don't remember you like this in past seasons...you are down on every player and every game...and this is a news flash: we won this game. So cheer up.

Man it's been a rough year... got Ron back after losing him earlier... now losing Ziggy... Too much of an emotional roller coaster.

Ron*

Man it's been a rough year... got Ron back after losing him earlier... now losing Ziggy... Too much of an emotional roller coaster.

I had more fun watching Kings games when we had zero Cups and zero expectations...now I watch these games as I used to watch Laker games: "Don't blow our chance at a championship, you idiots! Come on, do SOMETHING!!"

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The issue with the team now is you know for certain they're underachieving. Sure, they had their ups and downs in previous years, but this season has been head scratching bad and/or uncharacteristic performances from many individuals who are dragging the team down.

Sekera came in a tough time and it's going to take a bit of adjustment to playing 20+ mins here.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
I had more fun watching Kings games when we had zero Cups and zero expectations...now I watch these games as I used to watch Laker games: "Don't blow our chance at a championship, you idiots! Come on, do SOMETHING!!"

Funny how true this is

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

So true.

This core has been really strange even since 2012. I thought the Kings were done in 2012 at like January.

It was a team that couldn't score AT ALL, being carried by a Hart/Vezina candidate in Quick. Then Carter trade BOOM Cup.

Last Two years Roller coaster years with Jekyll/Hyde performances all over the place. This core is just nerve racking, and crazy successful.

They could all retire next year, and they will go down as the most successful core the Kings have ever had.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I'm glad people are seeing what I saw in him in just a handful of shifts when he first got here, and that he doesn't look entirely comfortable on his off side. It has to do with body positioning and how he moves his feet to getting into position, and then using his hands, etc. at times it seems like the puck is eating him up, or he can't make a good pass because he can't get around to his forehand!! it's not easy to do it well! I'd say he is average at it at best. I read somewhere that he didn't play much of the offside at Carolina, but did so at Buffalo. If so, that was a couple years ago then!

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Still plenty of time for him to be a contributor but let's be honest, objectively Sekera has been mediocre at best. Not horrid, not good, just mediocre. Still plenty of time for him to change that though. We didn't get him him for game 65 of the regular season.

I think his biggest problem is he is thinking out there, he is a quality dman making reactionary plays look bad, he is not comfortable and so he is thinking, if you play hockey, football, basketball and you have to think before reacting you are out of sync, take that to the level they play in the nhl and for that matter how the kings play, contrary to what some think on this board we are a extremely talented team that has played together for awhile he will be fine when he gets more time with us..... IMO I think this is part of richie's problems he started making mistakes and it just blossomed from there, (lack of confidence kind of like that pitcher who couldnt throw a strike anymore......reinvented himself as a outfielder go figure )

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.

thanks for saying this i just had this conversation with my son on the way to the game, thought after winning that first cup I wouldn't care if we ever won again, then last years cup was even better and now when I read some post saying our window is closing I stress for a little bit before clearing my head, I am also a yankee fan and do not remember freaking out over the "window" closing just being happy we have so many championships decade after decade, maybe we have to situp straighter, walk taller and learn after 40+years tthat we are one of the best teams/organizations and like a winning culture that takes time..........GO KINGS GO and don't screw this up

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
I think his biggest problem is he is thinking out there, he is a quality dman making reactionary plays look bad, he is not comfortable and so he is thinking, if you play hockey, football, basketball and you have to think before reacting you are out of sync, take that to the level they play in the nhl and for that matter how the kings play, contrary to what some think on this board we are a extremely talented team that has played together for awhile he will be fine when he gets more time with us..... IMO I think this is part of richie's problems he started making mistakes and it just blossomed from there, (lack of confidence kind of like that pitcher who couldnt throw a strike anymore......reinvented himself as a outfielder go figure )

who is Rick Ankiel, Alex :)

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
LoL, alright, let's get back on track and keep it to either the deal or Sekera's play.

Captain Mittens*

LoL, alright, let's get back on track and keep it to either the deal or Sekera's play.

I am very confident in our coaching. Sekera will get a little better every game. Just like with Regehr, there was a learning curve.
(Even if Telos doesn't get my tweener reference)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I am very confident in our coaching. Sekera will get a little better every game. Just like with Regehr, there was a learning curve.

I agree with you.

Remember we got Paul Coffey at the deadline in 1992 and he looked bad. Then at the beginning of 1992-93, he played great. Then we dealt him again to Detroit where he was alright. Then he started the season with Detroit and earned a Norris.

I think we really want and need to sign Sekera to get our full value for him. Hopefully by playoff time he will have alleviated a big chunk of work off of Doughty and can at least be a reliable player if not 100% of the player he could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad