Kraken off the table

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
...Too bad Krāken's off the table, cuz wouldn't you rather rock some fun, classic, nautical KrākenStuff than, let's say, wear a fish? :sarcasm:...
lDPMBeO.jpg

vYxYAJw.jpg

2pdAJQG.jpg

yGWqbjM.jpg

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
If they were going to be the Seattle Kraken would it already have been announced.Something tells me it going to be Sockeyes some how or Renegades or Sea lions.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
My feeling after reading the article is that it's going to be Sockeyes.

That's what I think too.

If it would be Kraken they could've announced that some time ago IMO.

Sockeyes would include some legal work/negotiating thanks to that writer with his Seattle Sockeys stories.
They also said, some time ago, that you've got to make sure that every possible legal hurdle is dealt with before releasing anything.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Watching a scary movie, so how about:

Seattle Scared
Seattle Spirits
Seattle Corpses
Seattle Groans
Seattle Terror
Seattle WMDs

Last edited:

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Not sure why they chose to delay the announcement. It probably would have cheered a few people up... or at least given them a diversion for a day or two.

I mean, we had to endure the whole Tom Brady drama.

I hope it's Kraken

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I would like to see the Sea Lions used but at this stage I just want to know that arena is going to be ready in time. Its a big project and it looks like delays are coming to me.

Reactions: Neill99

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
So when is the name going to be announced? I thought it was going to be the All star break. Beginning of the upcoming season? How early before the VGK joined did they announce their name?

Edit: it looks like Vegas announced their team name in November the year before they began play, so it seems likely that if hockey resumes this fall that they would do it at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad