Kraken off the table

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
Seattle Sounds

Looking forward to your team. whatever they do, just do not go with red and black. It’s over done. Something unique would be cool although I think similar to the Seahawks would be cool

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Seattle Sounds

Looking forward to your team. whatever they do, just do not go with red and black. It’s over done. Something unique would be cool although I think similar to the Seahawks would be cool

Too close to Sounders

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
They should somehow get the rights to Thunderbirds

Seattle Thunderbirds just sounds sweet

Seals could be good too but man would the VAN and SJ PR teams have a field day with orcas and sharks eating seals lol

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
They should somehow get the rights to Thunderbirds

Seattle Thunderbirds just sounds sweet

Seals could be good too but man would the VAN and SJ PR teams have a field day with orcas and sharks eating seals lol

As an outsider, Thunderbirds is the only other name I like more than Kraken.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thunderbirds should be the name in hindsight.

I'm on board for Rainiers if not Thunderbirds. Just wish they could pull it off, then give the Thunderbirds a new name.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
< Insert Phil Mckracken joke here >

Thunderbirds wouldn't be too bad. Colors could be pine green with black, white and gold accents. Kind of like the old North Stars colors. Blue and green is too similar to the Canucks. Just my random thoughts. Good luck Seattle. P.S. please take Kyle Okposo. Thanks

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
If can't use and trademark the name Sockeyes.Why not trademark Sockeye.And call the the Seattle Sockeye.And if the name and logo are coming in March why is the web site in Salmon Colours.

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
If they are having trademark issues if it's going to Sea lions or Kraken I don't trademarking it would be a problem I think they really want Sockeyes.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Kraken
latest

Reactions: Fixxer

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Interesting, or maybe not, information.

At the 18 minute mark councilwoman Debora Juarez talks about mayor Durkan wanting the Kraken but that she's not going to get them.

BTW: Given that it's taking longer then expected I could see Sockeyes being the name.
In order to get everything right they would need to work around any potential legal issues with the novelist who wrote that Hockey Series about the fictional Seattle Sockeyes franchise.

Reactions: Hank84

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Interesting, or maybe not, information.

At the 18 minute mark councilwoman Debora Juarez talks about mayor Durkan wanting the Kraken but that she's not going to get them.

BTW: Given that it's taking longer then expected I could see Sockeyes being the name.
In order to get everything right they would need to work around any potential legal issues with the novelist who wrote that Hockey Series about the fictional Seattle Sockeyes franchise.

May not necessary be the sockeyes. Could be purchasing thunderbirds brand and have to wait till after the WHL season is over for that to happen.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As a Silvertips fan, Thunderbirds would be a hard name to accept. I am still hoping its the Kraken though I would expect it to be more along the lines of Sockeye. Simply because Sockeye aligns better with Seattle.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
They lose out on the "hot new thing" of selling merchandise if they go with the Thunderbirds. People are already familiar with that name and it just wouldnt be as cool as picking a new name in general for the area. I'm personally rooting for sockeyes and would love if they incorporated salmon coloring into the jerseys.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Bettman is selling out to the corporate crowd. Ladies and gentlemen Please welcome your seattle starbucks...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad