Post-Game Talk: Kings 5, Pens 3: Can't Win 'Em All

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've hated Kunitz's game since the Olympic roster was announced but the last 5 or so games you can see a noticeable difference in his effort level. I wonder if something was said to him? I hope he doesn't get too comfortable and starts playing like a sloth again.

Kunitz has been awful since then and like you said... The last couple of games he's trying to bring himself out of it like Perron did. It's good to see, but he's still a borderline top winger in the league anymore.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It was so bizarre, the whole Kings ice crew was on the ice and all of a sudden half a stick flew on the ice and then Dupuis threw the other half to center ice.

Even as a Kings fan it was so weird, I've never seen that happen and I wouldn't have ever suspected that from Dupuis.

Probably pissed because he was benched and can't accept that he needs to hang up the skates.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Our defense is horrific. Without Tanger, its even more noticeable how bad it is. People can whine all they want about him but he's still our best dman. The Kings should have scored a lot more if not for Fleury.

I'm so tired of Johnston. When is this clown gonna get sacked? It's clearly not working.

May 10, 2010
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_PGH 1h1 hour ago
Scuderi, Cullen and Fehr not happy with Penguins' effort in L.A. today.

No worries, boys. Scuderi isn't happy and is about to lay the hammer down. Kings are happy though, getting rid of Scuderi.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
I kind of wonder who their anger is directed towards?

I mean jokes about young players aside I think Bennett, Warsofsky, Dumo, and Plots all gave good effort and had pretty good games. Kunitz gave a lot more effort than normal for most of the game (he still sucks and is a turnover machine). Malkin wasn't beast mode, but he wasn't bad by any stretch where I would say he did not give a pretty good effort. Perron had okay game, no major lapses that I can recall. Maatta was okay especially since it was first game back from injury.
Sid? I mean he was bad the first two periods...but who would not be with the winger he had flubbing every puck that touched their sticks? Making some stupid blind passes is also part of his MO...not sure that falls under the category of effort though?

So who does that leave that they would be steamed for going easy... Kessel? Bonino? Lovejoy? Hornqvist? Dupuis? MJ?

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
I hate to admit it, but I'm actively rooting against this team until the necessary shakeups occur. It will not go anywhere on a mediocre record just above .500. It has no heart, the locker room is a mess, Crosby is playing like ****, Scuderi is still on the roster, and a talent like Sprong was kept up only to be scratched. Things need to get worse on this team before they get better.

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Dumoulin is a beast. So glad we somehow managed to keep him seeing the way we give away prospect every deadline.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

No worries, boys. Scuderi isn't happy and is about to lay the hammer down. Kings are happy though, getting rid of Scuderi.
Good to know who the leaders are because I question Sids leadership as much as his drop passes to the other team.

Any quotes from Sid about puck luck? Anymore videos from the beach?

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

I would hope all three are pissed at Scuderi's effort, last night and pretty much all season.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Good to know who the leaders are because I question Sids leadership as much as his drop passes to the other team.

Any quotes from Sid about puck luck? Anymore videos from the beach?

Yeah, Scuderi is a real leader. Only a real leader takes 2 penalties in 2 minutes, has a terrible game, and then gets angry at the team's effort after the game.

This team makes you hate them more and more each day.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Scuderi always works hard.He's just bad.

And apparently lacks self-awareness, because that game, he had no leg to stand on when it comes to criticizing anyone else. Even if it was "effort".

His effort was terrible. All of his penalties were lazy and his passes were without purpose (besides "get this rubber thing away from me").

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, Scuderi is a real leader. Only a real leader takes 2 penalties in 2 minutes, has a terrible game, and then gets angry at the team's effort after the game.

"Hey man, if the offense could possess the puck for 90% of the game, nobody would have to worry about my gap control, inability to play the puck or skate, or my penchant for screening my own goalie." - Rob "Invaluable team leader" Scuderi

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
You're a coach preaching a staunch defensive, 200 foot game, yet your team gets badly outshot by almost a 5 to 1 margin within the first 30 minutes...

Riddle me that, gents....riddle me that...

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Scuderi either has got the world's biggest blinders on or is simply a self-aware, hypocritical relic that tries to remain relevant by ******** on upcoming talent. I believe it is the latter, since even the biggest blinders can't obscure one self flipping a puck cleanly over the glass with no notable pressure from opposing players. You could just see Kessel's shoulders dropping with resignation in the replay. It must be tiring to have one of the worst layers in the league playing game after game and being predictably stupid in every possible situation. As for poor Fleury, I suppose he was relieved he only had to get a puck out of the net and not have Scuderi backing into him.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

The guys old and not good anymore. At least he's not passive about losing like the rest of the Pens.

Plus he's a role player. This team lives and dies by its stars... except when its time to actually place blame.

Kunitz hit everything in site yesterday and had three points. Yet he gets hate.

Kessel flubbed 4 scoring chances and played like an absolute uncaring dog in the defensive zone. Crosby gave pucks away like he was giving up slices of pizza.

These guys get hated around the league and have their reps for a reason. Sids been a grating personality since t.he start and just forget about Kessel. Accountability starts with the guy making 8.7 or whatever nancyboy number. He needs to grow up and be a captain for a change.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014

The reason scuds is unhappy is that the Fs are not doing their jobs in the O and neutral zones and continually make him look bad. Otherwise, he would never be scored upon and be a Norris winner year in and year out. Someone said because of these statements that he now hates scuds as a person. I am going to join his club. I hated scuds as a player before but now also as a person. This big A-hole should just keep his big mouth shut. Its time for the pens to prepare for next year. 1. Waive Scuds 2. LRIR Duper. are the first steps. And if they go all in at this TD, then its all over for Sid/Geno winning another cup in PGH. If they do go all in, they should just blow it up.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
It's always the worst players on this team who have the biggest mouths. Scuderi, Orpik, Adams.. it's infuriating.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It's always the worst players on this team who have the biggest mouths. Scuderi, Orpik, Adams.. it's infuriating.

Yup.

When your "leadership" group is made up of your worst players, you will fail.

Our best players are all super best friends (Letang, Sid, Geno, Fleury), but they have no balls. The only one from that group that has any balls is Geno. Fleury is playing great, but he is the ultimate nice guy, no way he steps up in the room.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I find it funny (and ironic) that Scuderi goes down on the ice so much, but the one time he doesn't, the other team scores (Ehrhoff goal).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00