Post-Game Talk: Kings 5, Pens 3: Can't Win 'Em All

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Scuds really did a number on us early.

2 Penalties. One leading to a goal.
And the perfect screen on Erhoff's marker.

He was the difference in this one.

Hopefully Dupuis is never in the top 6 ever again and this a turning point for Sid.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kunitz did everything he could to win it for us.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Jay Caufield got puched in the face for a living and even he can see that BB needs to be in the top 6 yet our head coach hasn't figured it out yet. That's about all that needs to be said about this team.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sid was horrific in the first two periods, then very good in the third. Malkin was up and down all game. The bottom six didn't have its best game.

Perron was terrible, MJ made a good decision to put Plotnikov on that line, though he made it too late.

I'd like to see the lines we had in the third period for next game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Scuds really did a number on us early.

2 Penalties. One leading to a goal.
And the perfect screen on Erhoff's marker.

He was the difference in this one.

Hopefully Dupuis is never in the top 6 ever again and this a turning point for Sid.

Perfect summary.

L2 had issues. Geno was off, and Kessel was really off. The latter may have contributed to the former, but whether it did or didn't, L2 was up and down and, with Geno, I didn't see him challenging as much as he's been most nights the last two weeks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
"Meaningless game in December. Didn't get to our game. Can't win 'em all. At least Sid got points."

Sid looked really bad all game until he scored the goal.

Fleury kept us in it after looking shaken from the Kings' 3rd and 4th goals.

Geno's line had a few golden chances that they couldn't bury.

Our defense is still putrid, Letang or not.

Our PP is still putrid, Letang or not.

Our coaching staff is abysmal.

Someone just ****ing duct-tape Scuderi, Kunitz and Dupuis to a dumpster and leave them in LA.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
+Crosby looked like Crosby again once someone with some skill with the puck was moved to his line.

+Geno, despite looking off, still created some chances that should have been finished.

-They made the game close enough to create another false narrative.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
However bad he is on the powerplay we clearly missed Letang tonight.

Warblosky came back down to earth a bit after his strong effort in SJ. Granted LA is a huge tough team for a 5 foot 9 guy to play against.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Only watched the 3rd

+ Sid (still stupid often but seemed better)
+ Beau (I swear to god if we trade him)
+ Plots (exactly what I wanted from him)
+ Dumo (nice game from him)
+ Kunitz (seemed like he gave half a **** which is refreshing)

- Duper and Scuderi
- Kessel (not finding opportunities to snipe so far. Pens are not playing to his strengths in the slightest)

Didn't really have much of an opinion on the rest.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Sid was horrific in the first two periods, then very good in the third. Malkin was up and down all game. The bottom six didn't have its best game.

Perron was terrible, MJ made a good decision to put Plotnikov on that line, though he made it too late.

Isn't it funny how he starts to look better as soon as Bennett is put on his line? It's almost like space is a good thing for Sidney Crosby.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If anyone wants to watch some baby pens hockey, for some reason its on. On channel 10( i dont know why lol)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, i thought Geno was fighting the puck and the bad ice all night.
Had a few set ups to Phil who couldn't convert.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this team is mediocre at best
funny how bonino and fehr are molding into spalling and winnick and many of those journeyman that come and go...

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Sid was up and down.

Geno didn't have his best game but that line still had at least 3 chances that should've went in.

Scuderi sucks.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Interesting. I thought Kessel's play was more detrimental to the line than Perron. Either way, the inherent flaws of the line showed themselves . . .

Malkin112*

-------------Kessel, Perron, Scuderi
---Malkin
=Lovejoy, Dumoulin
+Crosby, Määttä, Plotnikov, Cullen
++Kunitz

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
i only caught the third period, and from what i saw i'm REALLY hoping for these lines tm:

Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett
Plotnikov - Malkin - Kessel
Sprong - Bonino - Hornqvist
Perron - Cullen - Fehr

Maata - Letang
Dumoulin - Lovejoy
Warsoksky - Clendening

two things tho:

1) how did Warsof play? he was barely on the ice in that period until the very end when he was on and looked ok, def some mistakes but good stuff too

2) i can't be the only one floored at the decision to pull Flower with almost a full 2 and half mins left AND give Malkin the draw against Kopitar when Crosby is on the ice. (and on the right half board no less)

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I think Kessel is so used to being the main threat on his line that he's having trouble adjusting to the role as triggerman.

Just a thought on why he's struggled this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad