Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
He has the same amount of goals as our beloved 69 goal scorer LOL. Yet Marner is the main issue. Give me a f***ing break man. There’s enough blame to go around. It ain’t just 1 guy. It’s all of them. You wanna hold this core accountable why aren’t we having media members rip into Matthews? He’s the best goal scorer in the league and can’t score. Marner shouldn’t be off the hook but the disparity in terms of blame is shocking

I’m fine to trade Marner for a defenseman but trading Marner alone isn’t going to solve anything if our top goal scorer can’t score in the playoffs. What I’m saying is people are acting like removing Mitch is going to be the quick fix. It will not be, the problems are deeper than just Marner.
No they are not. Not even in the slightest. You just made that up.

Every single person here has said the coaching, the goaltending, the defense, the toughness, Tavares, the special teams, the President, and most of the bottom 6 are shit.

Not a single person said removing Mitch will be a quick fix.

Except you.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Then why did he come back so soon

Maybe he isn’t as much of a p***y as people are making it seem and he can play through pain? Most players do?

Every single person here has said the coaching, the goaltending, the defense, the toughness, Tavares, the special teams, the President, and most of the bottom 6 are shit.

Except you.
Go through and read this thread and the game day threads

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
This is a worse feeling than the Kessel/Phaneuf era. We knew those guys couldn't carry a team and tried to stubbornly force it. It didn't fool anyone.

This core should and does have cup level talent. There is nothing more gut wrenching than wasted potential. We had so much luck obtaining Mitch, Willy and Auston and proceeded to mangle most proceeding decisions.

It's beyond painful. I wish it weren't so.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

Except you.

There better be a considerable amount of turnover. Brodie, Marner, Jarncrok, and maybe even JT are the obvious ones.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Why would you guys want to get rid of Tkachuk?
FYI he has been on this train since draft day and is summarily mocked on the Sens board.

Also, Ottawa and Marner may be one of the worst possible fits. He'd be our 2nd most experienced player behind Giroux.... Marner needs to go somewhere that already knows how to win. Can those teams fit an $11m player without sending back a high priced player? Probably not

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This is a worse feeling than the Kessel/Phaneuf era. We knew those guys couldn't carry a team and tried to stubbornly force it. It didn't fool anyone.

This core should and does have cup level talent. There is nothing more gut wrenching than wasted potential. We had so much luck obtaining Mitch, Willy and Auston and proceeded to mangle most proceeding decisions.

It's beyond painful. I wish it weren't so.
Hiring Dubas was the stupidest thing MLSE has ever done. Ever.

Such an unnecessary gamble.

What exactly will be be missing out on? First round exits every year?
Man I miss the days of Mitch not going into corners.

Those were the days

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
1714314866177.png

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Paul Marner's Baby Boy hasn't once shown up for a playoff game in 8 years. When can we stop pretending he'll change that once he grows out of his forever-a-child phase?

Can he even grow a playoff beard? Is it physically even possible?

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
He has the same amount of goals as our beloved 69 goal scorer LOL. Yet Marner is the main issue. Give me a f***ing break man. There’s enough blame to go around. It ain’t just 1 guy. It’s all of them. You wanna hold this core accountable why aren’t we having media members rip into Matthews? He’s the best goal scorer in the league and can’t score. Marner shouldn’t be off the hook but the disparity in terms of blame is shocking

I’m fine to trade Marner for a defenseman but trading Marner alone isn’t going to solve anything if our top goal scorer can’t score in the playoffs. What I’m saying is people are acting like removing Mitch is going to be the quick fix. It will not be, the problems are deeper than just Marner.
The problems definitely run deeper, but Mitch is an $11 million problem, and that puts him into a different category.

Reactions: francis246

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
All these guys remind of Boston when Kessel didn't fit the Boston mold so traded him. Then Seguin same thing. The story line is you play in Boston you buy into their game plan. The leafs don't have that kind profesionalism in their lockerroom and if they do it's far to late after turning the team over to a bunch of children .
Marner's sucky attitude all year and always deferring blame rather than owning up to responsibilty is pretty telling . Personally i think he's heading for a nervous breakdown . For his own good he need to move on.
I never did, but i'm starting to think there is something to how Boston builds their roster. As you said, they have had guys who were stars or had star talent, even younger ones or guys in their prime, and they moved on if the 'fit' wasn't what they wanted. I don't get the impression they favor or go out of their way to make their stars comfortable at all costs.....from the outside seems the exact opposite of what the Leafs do.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I honestly cant see how he would want to stick around. The floodgates are about to open, and it will be open season on Mitch Marner all summer long.
Anywhere +3M retained.

I think he could be a super useful piece somewhere but not here.

He needs a 1C who can drive the play and Marner can be the soft rebound guy.

We don't have a C that can drive the play. Matthews can't carry the puck until it's well established in the zone. JT is too slow.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
well, for all the fans who claim the reason mitchy is shit is because the fanbase is mean - i HOPE they are right.

cause IF that is true, the Fanbase can make change.

make the baby waive his clause.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Mitch needs to go, but I also can't help but feel the dude is being crucified alone in the media.

Across 3 games we have 1 goal total between the bottom 6 and Dcore.

Our PP is 1 for 14 or whatever. Our PK is at 50%!

Sammy is chalked.

The entire organization should be put on blast.

it's Shanahan that needs to own this and he should be canned.

Reactions: stickty111

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Mitch needs to go, but I also can't help but feel the dude is being crucified alone in the media.
But he was OPENLY not trying.
He was ASKING to be traded.
And he shows it when speaking to the media.

Across 3 games we have 1 goal total between the bottom 6 and Dcore.

Our PP is 1 for 14 or whatever. Our PK is at 50%!

Sammy is chalked.

The entire organization should be put on blast.
Failed rebuild.

Reactions: Niagara Bill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad