Post-Game Talk: Kings 5, Pens 3: Can't Win 'Em All

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
We may be in a specific post-game thread, but that doesn't mean we should pretend other factors don't exist.

Kessel wasn't good defensively tonight, and missed just wide on two glorious chances. He pots those two goals and nobody says a thing. It happens.

The other factors are still by far and away bigger problems, tonight included.

There's about an entire roster of guys who still have another gear we haven't seen.
Thats like saying if he didnt put Doritos on his chili cheese dogs he would be a better player.

The guy brought in to lure away from Sid and Malkin. Isnt doing that and looks terrible. Its a huge problem.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I find it hard to imagine that Johnston benched Dupuis, but stranger things have happened I guess.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I find it hard to imagine that Johnston benched Dupuis, but stranger things have happened I guess.

I'm with you. Scuderi was probably gassed or had a stinger, but something's probably up with Dupuis. Especially if he smashed his stick in rage at the end after being held out for half of the third period. We've lost close games before. We've been blown out before. I don't remember any reports of guys smashing sticks in rage either time, whether it was warranted or not.

Who knows? Likely not us, ever. We still don't know what happened to Dupuis at any point in his multiple absences earlier in the season.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
is it not a happy locker room or is dupuis just an insane person risking his life to play at a less than nhl level

I'd imagine both, but Dupuis having a little fit isn't some sign of lockerrom problems. Dupuis is insane and the team is once again having problems in the room. Maybe because it sucks so much for young players and even vets who aren't part of the elite circle of old and team history, maybe because of how ****** the team looks so often, maybe because it's looking like another wasted year. Dupuis can't be good for the room when everyone is thinking about how he could drop dead, either.

"He's a warrior, a real glue gu- does he look blood clotty to you? Kind of off, right? Oh God."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
This was always gonna be a wasted year in terms of competing for a Cup. But we needed to use this year to make moves to shed deadweight, and rebuild our blueline.

****, last year was supposed to be a mini-rebuild as well, but we traded away Despres, let Bennett rot away when he was healthy, and spent big on a guy like Winnik.

Who knows... What a ****** franchise to be a fan of, and that's coming from a life-long Bills fan.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
If he really wanted to help the team, he'd have tried to earn a lifetime suspension by breaking the stick over Scuderi's head so the shrapnel also knocked Kunitz and Johnston out of commission.

That is one of the funniest and most true statements on this board. Wish it would happen!!!!

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
can't wait to go the game tomorrow night

my brother and I will be in Anaheim with a couple signs

we'll have "Free Sprong", "Fire MJ", Trade Kunitz, Dupuis, and Scuderi", and "More Bennett"

maybe we'll get a "Bring Back Simon Despres"

open for suggestions fam

"Hire Guy Boucher"

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

we'll have "Free Sprong", "Fire MJ", Trade Kunitz, Dupuis, and Scuderi", and "More Bennett"

open for suggestions fam

Leave a popcorn trail on the ice for defensive assignments.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

open for suggestions fam

Scuderi = Beer Leaguer

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space

open for suggestions fam

Where's Sydney?

Gonchar for PP coach

System of a Down

Bonino's dog for GM

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Bennett is the perfect kind of player for Sid's wing. He sees the game well, can pass, and does not pass up good shooting opportunities. If they played together for a while I think they could become a lethal combination.

Too bad Johnston will go back to K-C-H, D-C-H or K-C-D the first time the line goes a game without a point.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dupuis should be closer to healthy scratch material than on Sid's line. I don't think Kunitz was ever this bad.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I would honestly try Hornqvist on the 4th line with Cullen. Cullen can possess a puck at least and Hornqvist needs that to look even remotely useful. He has no right to be on the TOP6 with the way he´s playing so far.

Even Kunitz has the same number of pts, with less TOI, less PP time and playing on the 3rd line more..

Seriously, Hornqvist´s been awful. On pace for 26 points he is, laughable. Sid, with all of the criticism & blame he gets here has more than double of the Horns production.

Bennett looks like a better player at this point than him. If Horn has no place in our TOP6 (which he shouldn´t have now) then he should become our prominent trade chip in order to find that TOP4 defenseman.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Dupuis should be closer to healthy scratch material than on Sid's line. I don't think Kunitz was ever this bad.

Agree with that. For a few games I thought Dupuis would be superior to Kunitz just because of his speed but he seemingly is just an average skater at this point. As bad as Kunitz is, he's the lesser of 2 evils.

Back to Kessel, every goal scorer is streaky. He's missing some juicy opportunities right now but at some point he's bound to go on a tear and we'll all love him when that happens.

And I can only laugh at those ripping his conditioning. First of all, he trained with Gary Roberts in the offseason. From what I understand of his time with the Leafs, he dominated their fitness tests during training camp. Had the highest scores on the team.

All of this results in people calling him fat because he's got chubby cheeks. There is popular high school girls levels of vanity on this forum right now.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would honestly try Hornqvist on the 4th line with Cullen. Cullen can possess a puck at least and Hornqvist needs that to look even remotely useful. He has no right to be on the TOP6 with the way he´s playing so far.

Even Kunitz has the same number of pts, with less TOI, less PP time and playing on the 3rd line more..

Seriously, Hornqvist´s been awful. On pace for 26 points he is, laughable. Sid, with all of the criticism & blame he gets here has more than double of the Horns production.

Bennett looks like a better player at this point than him. If Horn has no place in our TOP6 (which he shouldn´t have now) then he should become our prominent trade chip in order to find that TOP4 defenseman.
I like Hornqvist but he really is playing bad. Tonight Sid was skating down left wing, was going behind the net and Hornqvist just skate right on top of him... also behind the net. Get open man!

Malkin never puts the puck in the middle of the ice and Sid just doesn't puck enough pucks on net. Hornqvist doesn't see enough pucks to do what he does best.

When everyone looks bad the coach has to go. MJ does some good things but he's not NHL caliber yet.

What do you guys think about Hornqvist for Hagelin?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
= Sid: Up and down for me. Spurts where he was Sid of old and spurts where he was Sid of new. There were some REAL headscratching passes. Just awful at times. Then he'd come out on a shift and dominate and make LA actually force over to defend his line.

+ Beau: Oh ****.. look at that. HF right again. Beau should be in the top 6 (if he stays healthy)

+ Plots: Man he's really finding his NHL game. I love how he's playing.

- Scuds: How the **** is he still in the league? He's so bad. So bad.

+ Dumo/Maatta: Thought both guys did what they could out there. Both played well in their respected minutes. I wasn't nervous when either guy was on the ice.

+ Kunitz: Hey.. solid effort by Kuni. Good game.

++ Fleury: Man.. Fleury was lights out and that's a game we lose 5-3 :laugh: Seriously... w/o MAF that is a freaking beat down.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I like Hornqvist but he really is playing bad. Tonight Sid was skating down left wing, was going behind the net and Hornqvist just skate right on top of him... also behind the net. Get open man!

Malkin never puts the puck in the middle of the ice and Sid just doesn't puck enough pucks on net. Hornqvist doesn't see enough pucks to do what he does best.

When everyone looks bad the coach has to go. MJ does some good things but he's not NHL caliber yet.

What do you guys think about Hornqvist for Hagelin?
The Ducks would have to add something because Hornqvist has a history of being a much superior producer. For all of the one-dimensional offense and tunnel vision Hornqvist has, he´s also pretty slow, which Hagelin isn´t. Make it Hagelin + Despres and I´m fine with that. I also think that I´m being fair in terms of value here.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I've hated Kunitz's game since the Olympic roster was announced but the last 5 or so games you can see a noticeable difference in his effort level. I wonder if something was said to him? I hope he doesn't get too comfortable and starts playing like a sloth again.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Where's Sydney?
map.gif

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
MJ moves down a notch for me if he doesn't scratch anyone for next game. That effort in the first half of the game needs to be punished. Dupuis is horrendous. **** the PR ********. Sprong should be in over him. Now is the time to get him back in. Especially in a back to back.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
is it not a happy locker room or is dupuis just an insane person risking his life to play at a less than nhl level

It was so bizarre, the whole Kings ice crew was on the ice and all of a sudden half a stick flew on the ice and then Dupuis threw the other half to center ice.

Even as a Kings fan it was so weird, I've never seen that happen and I wouldn't have ever suspected that from Dupuis.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
= Sid: Up and down for me. Spurts where he was Sid of old and spurts where he was Sid of new. There were some REAL headscratching passes. Just awful at times. Then he'd come out on a shift and dominate and make LA actually force over to defend his line.

+ Beau: Oh ****.. look at that. HF right again. Beau should be in the top 6 (if he stays healthy)

+ Plots: Man he's really finding his NHL game. I love how he's playing.

- Scuds: How the **** is he still in the league? He's so bad. So bad.

+ Dumo/Maatta: Thought both guys did what they could out there. Both played well in their respected minutes. I wasn't nervous when either guy was on the ice.

+ Kunitz: Hey.. solid effort by Kuni. Good game.

++ Fleury: Man.. Fleury was lights out and that's a game we lose 5-3 :laugh: Seriously... w/o MAF that is a freaking beat down.

I just really wish Plots would find a little bit of puck luck now. It's insane how many posts he's hit and how many terrific passes he's made to linemates that haven't been converted. The guy should probably have 5 or 6 more points than he has on the season, and a few goals as well.

I hope Johnston remains patient with him because the points will come if he keeps playing like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00