Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think Skjei deserves way more respect than he's getting. Led our defenseman in even strength points while taking the toughest matchups as a 24 year old last season. It's not a coincidence that DeAngelo and Shattenkirk played their best when they were partnered with him. 6'3", awesome skater, plays solid defense, and already has a 40 point season under his belt. If he were a prospect with the potential to be that good, he would be getting hyped instead of criticized here.
100% this. He's not an offensive dynamo and is prone to going on the occasional walkabout, but I think he is a prototypical modern "two way" defender. Very excited to see him play with Trouba though I'd actually prefer he plays with ADA.

Reactions: haveandare and bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Skjei will be even better once he’s on the second pairing with DeAngelo and Miller is playing with Trouba

This may happen even before Miller time if Hajek or Rykov could step up to handle being (second fiddle) on the first pair with Trouba. I’d actually want to see Skjei / ADA pair where Skjei takes on a more offensively conservative role while letting ADA assuming more opportunistic role between the two.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I really like both those kids as you know. But neither projects as a first pair dman. That’s asking or expecting way to much. Neither projects as a better player than skjei to be fair.

Miller does. Robertson might. Hajek and Rykov id say 2nd pairing upsides

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I really like both those kids as you know. But neither projects as a first pair dman. That’s asking or expecting way to much. Neither projects as a better player than skjei to be fair.

Miller does. Robertson might. Hajek and Rykov id say 2nd pairing upsides

No argument there but sometime it’s not about own abilities, rather how they fit to complement your linemate to make the pair (pairs) stronger. Playing with Trouba, the amount of workload left for his LD could be less than if said LD was slotted on a lower line but with lesser RD.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Wisconsin’s second game in BC is streaming on some Facebook page, I can’t watch it. They’re up 4-0 already and if I’m reading tweets correctly, Miller has 3 assists already (at least 2 primary)

Here’s the goals, doesn’t look like Miller has 3 assists on first watch, but who knows:dunno:

Reactions: bl02

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Here’s the goals, doesn’t look like Miller has 3 assists on first watch, but who knows:dunno:

I see two secondary assists on the 2nd and 3rd goals. Also doesn't show who got the secondary assist on the 1st goal.

edit - also a secondary assist on the 5th goal from another video they posted.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

There’s this too, not that this game really matters aside from trying to convince Canadian kids to go the NCAA route

He clearly has 3 secondary assists at least after 2 periods, there isn't a primary assist(and a mystery assist by someone on the 1st goal not shown). I don't think they are reading the scoresheet properly.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
He clearly has 3 secondary assists at least after 2 periods, there isn't a primary assist(and a mystery assist by someone on the 1st goal not shown). I don't think they are reading the scoresheet properly.

Unreal. The kid comes out of the gate exceeding expectations, yet again.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I don’t get it either. There’s also someone who’s watching along and has implied he got 2 primaries in the first, but that’s not what I’m seeing from that video

And then they also say he only has 3 assists for the whole game (which ended 7-5)

It’s all so strange, but thankfully it’s just exhibition and I don’t really need to spend time really thinking about it

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Excited for this squad. Such a benefit to have your top prospect playing with great talent.

Watching Kravtsov last year with no support was painful.

Reactions: bl02

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Excited for this squad. Such a benefit to have your top prospect playing with great talent.

Watching Kravtsov last year with no support was painful.
Enjoyable, sure, and it's exciting to see the points rack up. Actually beneficial though? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual. Was Kravtsov held back by a lack of talent around him in the KHL? I think he developed pretty well based on prospects camp reports.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Enjoyable, sure, and it's exciting to see the points rack up. Actually beneficial though? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual. Was Kravtsov held back by a lack of talent around him in the KHL? I think he developed pretty well based on prospects camp reports.

Imagine Krav in the NCAA. He would have sliced through that league like a machete.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Can’t wait to see this kid in person next
Month.
Seeing him play in October when the BC Eagles host the Badgers. Excited to go to that game, I will primarily focus my attention on Key but obviously enjoy the game. He is the reason I am going after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad