Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Per NHL.com, "Miller was on the ice for 48.7 percent (37 of 76) of the goals Wisconsin scored prior to his injury."

I knew it was good, didn't realize the numbers were That high though.

That sounds great, but how does that compare to guys like Makar, Werenski, Trouba etc?

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Per NHL.com, "Miller was on the ice for 48.7 percent (37 of 76) of the goals Wisconsin scored prior to his injury."

I knew it was good, didn't realize the numbers were That high though.

Isn't that rather amazing for a 'boom or bust kid' (when he was drafted).

?

I didn't expect him to look so damn good so fast. He and Nils are so exciting to keep track of. If even 2 of K'Andre, Nils, Foxy, Rykov, Hajek boom on us, we're going to be in such amazing shape down the road on D.

Whatta f***in' time to be around here fellas.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Isn't that rather amazing for a 'boom or bust kid' (when he was drafted).

?

I didn't expect him to look so damn good so fast. He and Nils are so exciting to keep track of. If even 2 of K'Andre, Nils, Foxy, Rykov, Hajek boom on us, we're going to be in such amazing shape down the road on D.

Whatta f***in' time to be around here fellas.

There is not enough Matthew Robertson in this post.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Zachary Jones says hello. Hopefully he has an inch or two growth left in him too. Lindgren and Reuanen are likely more LD long shots along with Keane on the right side. But we are stacked for sure (as it appears now)

Reactions: Leetch3 and jas

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zachary Jones says hello. Hopefully he has an inch or two growth left in him too. Lindgren and Reuanen are likely more LD long shots along with Keane on the right side. But we are stacked for sure (as it appears now)
I don't know if Lindgren fits into our long term plans, but I have a hard time considering him a long shot. If anything, I think he's a very safe bet to have an extended NHL career.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Our LHD pool has to be the envy of the league. Miller is a near elite prospect at his position and the depth behind is amazing. Some teams have the upper echelon players, but missing the depth, or vice versa. It's really incredible to have this kind of player and depth behind him. It'll be a huge benefit to this team as they shouldn't have to rush a single one of these guys.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
There is not enough Matthew Robertson in this post.
We'd all be crowing like crazy about snagging him in the second round if we weren't so jazzed for so many prospects. As recently as 2-3 years back he'd have easily catapulted into the board's top five rankings. But with Miller et. al. ahead of him, he fades into the background. It's a great time to be a fan.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I only started really following hockey/the Rangers in the 2012 playoffs. But the absolutely massive change in our prospects pool since then has been incredible to watch

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

And considering we have Trouba and Skjei likely locking down two of the spots for the foreseeable future, the fact that we have a dozen solid back-end prospects who can hopefully grab the 4 D spots left is really good news. 75% could bust, and we still won't need to shop on the trade/UFA market for a Defender.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
And considering we have Trouba and Skjei likely locking down two of the spots for the foreseeable future, the fact that we have a dozen solid back-end prospects who can hopefully grab the 4 D spots left is really good news. 75% could bust, and we still won't need to shop on the trade/UFA market for a Defender.

The difference between Trouba and Skjei if we are talking locking down roster spots is that Skjei is a second pair D who's contract is very cap friendly if we're talking trade . Our prospect is very likely to produce someone to leapfrog him down the road or get on an equal footing but at a cheaper cost. If I had to money on it, I'd bet that Skjei will finish collecting on his current contract elsewhere.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
If Miller and Robertson pan out, we have two top 4 LD. Can't pay Skjei that kind of salary to play a bottom pair role.

He'll get to play with Trouba for couple of seasons and gets dealt at some point yes.

Reactions: jas

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I love Miller's game. I think hes got number 1 dman potential. Then I think hes like not even one our two best prospects and just get that warm fuzzy feeling lol.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Outside of Kakko I have this feeling Key could have the highest ceiling. Like Herman-esque almost. Kravtsov right there too.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
What is our LD and RD depth chart? (No set order)

LD:

Miller
Hajek
Rykov
Robertson
Lindgren
Reunanen
Jones

RD:

Fox
Lundkvist
Keane

Who am I forgetting?

Edit:

Outside Tier L/R

Ragnarsson
Sjalin
Day
Gross
Skinner
Raddysh

Tons of depth overall though.

Reactions: Rongomania

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
some NHL know it alls crowing that our prospect pool may be the deepest in the league

specifically, this defense pipeline is absolutely filthy

deangelo
fox

really those 2 are still technically young guys and/or rooks.

deangelo had a really outstanding season last yr over shadowed by his "maturity" issues and quinn overreaction/power trip stuff. ADA was simply lights out last season.

add to that the guys expected to play this yr like hajek and rykov and short term we are loaded.

k'andre and nils add another layer of excellence to the prospect list.

and on and on it goes including adding the ultra smooth matt robertson in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->