Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So true the pundits are going nuts for this D Corps and I’d say easily 90 percent of them have no idea how good DeAngelo is. They don’t even mention him when he’s probably our second best guy behind Trouba. I think he opens a ton of eyes this year.
Georgiev gets left off a lot of/most lists, so I assume people are intentionally leaving DeAngelo out.

Reactions: Rongomania

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not talking about him as a prospect. Talking about him as a 23 year old stud offensive righty dman that can skate and came light years in terms of his defensive play. People should be going Gaga over this guy and most pundits forget he’s even on the team let alone in our top 4. He should be in PEN on our second pairing for a long time.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not talking about him as a prospect. Talking about him as a 23 year old stud offensive righty dman that can skate and came light years in terms of his defensive play. People should be going Gaga over this guy and most pundits forget he’s even on the team let alone in our top 4. He should be in PEN on our second pairing for a long time.
I find it amusing how many people are penciling in Fox over ADA with their roster combos.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I didn’t realize how high I was on ADA until I heard others opinions of him. I thought he had a really positive season at an important time for himself.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

ADA made great strides last season, earned Quinn's trust, and with Shatty/Pionk/McQuaid gone, is for sure in NYR's top 2 RHD starting out, whether the next guy is Fox, Rykov, Hajek, Smith, Keane, doesnt matter much, it will likely be fluid for months.

Reactions: egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
ADA made great strides last season, earned Quinn's trust, and with Shatty/Pionk/McQuaid gone, is for sure in NYR's top 2 RHD starting out, whether the next guy is Fox, Rykov, Hajek, Smith, Keane, doesnt matter much, it will likely be fluid for months.
One of these things is NOT like the others o_O

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Does anyone know if ADA has improved his shot durning the off season? His shooting has always been subpar, both wrist and slapper.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If the Rangers were sure about ADA, they wouldn't have trade potentially two 2nd round picks to acquire Fox rather than wait to sign Fox as a free agent next August.

completely disagree with this...that's like saying that if we drafted kakko because we aren't sure about kravtsov. or if we draft a center next year it means we aren't sure about zibanejad.

Reactions: Krams and nyr2k2

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If the Rangers weren’t sure about ADA, they wouldn’t have bought-out Shattenkirk...

shattenkirk was bought out because it was the only single move that cleared enough cap space for the current situation. any other move would have required multiple moves to be made. it is simple as that. if a shattenkirk buyout this year only saved $3 mil this year instead of $6 mil he'd probably still be here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Fox acquisition was unrelated to ADA. In Fox you had a f***ing stud prospect who really wanted to play here. No-brainer to bring him on board. You can never have too many good RHD, and you can never have too many offensively-gifted D. They're both like lefties in baseball. Just can't have too many. And if you do somehow have too many, there are always other teams that will be happy to trade for them.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If the Rangers were sure about ADA, they wouldn't have trade potentially two 2nd round picks to acquire Fox rather than wait to sign Fox as a free agent next August.

Building a good team from youth is about quantity of quality prospects. Acquiring Fox has nothing to do with any one else they had in the organization. They saw an opportunity to acquire a high-potential player and they did it.

Reactions: Krams

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

I would think their list is Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo............with the thinking that DeAngelo goes in expansion and Lundqvist is ready by then to replace him.

or TDA is dealt before expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->