Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He’s great when he’s keeping his legs moving. He has the odd moment of being caught flat footed but I don’t see it as an issue that can’t easily be fixed.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
He’s great when he’s keeping his legs moving. He has the odd moment of being caught flat footed but I don’t see it as an issue that can’t easily be fixed.
This is how I see it too, when the play is constantly flowing, he’s one of the best players on the ice, but once a team is set up he starts thinking too much about what to do and he kind of freezes up (more so in the defensive zone). But I don’t see it as a long term issue, he just needs to be playing games and getting more comfortable as a defenseman

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Name one team for whom that actually worked out well in 2017
I think there were a few that probably worked out without knowing the other option to be taken had they not made the trade.

Buffalo trade to a degree. Carrier has been an ok player for Vegas but nothing that creates huge remorse. Cost was a 6th round pick.

Carolina forced the pick to be Brickley with a 5th round pick added. We know where he ended up.

Jets swapped 1st round picks in 2018 which is an 11 spot jump, plus sent a 2019 3rd rounder for the pick to be Thorburn, who is a 4th line grinder.

There are possibilities here to potentially work something out. Sure its not a walk in the park, but possible

Reactions: egelband

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
there is zero chance they expose ADA in the expansion draft...its 2 years away, if by that point he isn't locked in as part of the long term future he'll be dealt.

they will protect trouba, skjei and ADA...it would mean exposing hajek & lindgren. it would suck to lose either for nothing but given our depth on LHD in the system there is a good chance that there won't be room for them anyway so its not the big of a deal...if either guy progresses enough in the next 2 years that they are keepers than I think its more likely that we trade skjei than move ADA

that said I think we'll lose fast or maybe lemieux.
I wouldn't even protect Skjei tbh

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That kind of thinking bobbop, is why the environment is where it is today, with global warming and the melting of the ice caps, mass algae bloom etc. Therefor, not worrying about TDA now = global warming. Keep up, sheeple.
Didn't know DeAngelo was a billionaire.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I think Skjei deserves way more respect than he's getting. Led our defenseman in even strength points while taking the toughest matchups as a 24 year old last season. It's not a coincidence that DeAngelo and Shattenkirk played their best when they were partnered with him. 6'3", awesome skater, plays solid defense, and already has a 40 point season under his belt. If he were a prospect with the potential to be that good, he would be getting hyped instead of criticized here.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Skjei deserves way more respect than he's getting. Led our defenseman in even strength points while taking the toughest matchups as a 24 year old last season. It's not a coincidence that DeAngelo and Shattenkirk played their best when they were partnered with him. 6'3", awesome skater, plays solid defense, and already has a 40 point season under his belt. If he were a prospect with the potential to be that good, he would be getting hyped instead of criticized here.

I wouldn’t call it a criticism, at least not from the majority of reasonable posters. However the foreseeable reality is that he eventually will be taken over on a depth chart from among one of the team’s LDs - the deepest position of its prospects pool.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

To be fair, DeAngelo & Shatty should have played better with him. Look at the rest of our LD depth chart lol

Reactions: Harbour Dog

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I think that Skjei will do just fine, it will take a couple of years for these young D men to not only make the team but to eventually live up to the monikers that are being thrown around before they even have a NHL career established. I like the path that we are on and excited about the future. Just hoping that everything falls into place with the expectations, proof in always in the pudding.

Reactions: egelband

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
To stay competitive or avoid extended rebuilds, the key is to have ELC guys come in and equal or produce near to the expendable ones and identify guys to build around.

LHD is looking very good as in 1-2 seasons K. Miller can come in and replace a Skjei who is dealt for cap reasons or Staal when his contract is up. Same with a Robertson.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

I also think you can say Skjei played his best hockey with TDA. That pair looked stellar at times. Always been a fan of that pair since the first time I saw 'em click.

Will be exciting to see if they keep it together or let Troubda & Skjei try to recreate old USA magic..

On the other hand I am DYIN' to see TDA with one of the young & promising LD kids.

I still don't protect Skjei in expansion, we've a ton of LD coming in the next few years ..

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Caufield, Turcotte, and Miller together in the NCAA. Jesus.

upload_2019-8-24_15-53-41.jpeg

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Caufield, Turcotte, and Miller together in the NCAA. Jesus.

View attachment 251145
Weissbach and Kalynuk are both drafted as well. Holloway, who is on the second unit currently, is supposed to be a top 15 pick in the 2020 draft. Wisco is full of talent for the first time since 2010 when they had Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh, Brendan Smith, Craig Smith, Justin Schultz, and Jake Gardiner. The recruiting class of Turcotte, Caufield, Holloway is arguably the best class in school history.

I fully expect these guys to put up big numbers. Miller will be the #1 go-to guy on defense most likely alongside Ty Emberson, a 2018 3rd round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->