Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Yes, that is very likely.

I cannot see a scenario where K'Andre & Nils stay in the NCAA & SEL respectively and not come over next year.

In saying that, can I just add how LIGHTS OUT Hartford is going to be the season after this one with those two guys potentially joining ... wowza

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Not talking about him as a prospect. Talking about him as a 23 year old stud offensive righty dman that can skate and came light years in terms of his defensive play. People should be going Gaga over this guy and most pundits forget he’s even on the team let alone in our top 4. He should be in PEN on our second pairing for a long time.

I thought he played well last year. These other kids on defense, they might take as long as DeAngelo to show something. I hope it’s sooner but some of these kids are extremely young.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Hajek has a long way to go before he's better than DeAngelo.
DeAngelo has yet to play a full season in the regular rotation. :dunno:

People are a) attributing a LOT to an impressive showing in a short amount of games (none of which mattered and most of which they lost), b) focusing almost exclusively on his offensive prowess while glossing over lingering deficiencies in his defensive game, and c) ignoring a long track record that's quite checkered.

Hajek has more to prove, no question, especially after the rough reports from HFD. But I'm still very much from Missouri as regards Tony, as well.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

People are a) attributing a LOT to an impressive showing in a short amount of games (none of which mattered and most of which they lost), b) focusing almost exclusively on his offensive prowess while glossing over lingering deficiencies in his defensive game, and c) ignoring a long track record that's quite checkered.

Hajek has more to prove, no question, especially after the rough reports from HFD. But I'm still very much from Missouri as regards Tony, as well.

DeAngelo is a better player now than Hajek. That's all that matters. In the next 2 years, Hajek needs to take some serious leaps in his development to pass DeAngelo on the depth chart.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

his defensive deficiencies are overblown and only a focus of people who don't understand defense in the modern NHL

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
his defensive deficiencies are overblown and only a focus of people who don't understand defense in the modern NHL
Mkay. I give up. He's awesome. They should trade Trouba and give ADA his contract.

EDIT: the whole ADA debate is maddening to me, because people so gush over him and I'm only responding to temper expectations based on what I perceive to be very real deficiencies that could still use work. It's not that I don't see some of the awesome stuff he did last year; it's just that he's got a ways to go to prove he's an all situations 2nd pair defenseman in the long run, and yet people are saying things like he's already better than Trouba.

I mean, listen, I've always loved Buch as a player, but I'm the first one to admit he's got to show a lot more of what we saw late last season before he's firmly established as a top-6 forward, much less a top-line guy. People love ADA for his feistiness (and in some cases, I'm guessing his politics) and thus much of the board mostly penciling him in as a stud offensive defenseman; yet, very few here are treating Buch the same way, despite the fact that they're the same age and Buch has achieved more to this point (and without being moved twice).

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We’ve got 45 lefty D prospects in the system. If it came down to it there’s no way I’d protect Hajek over DeAngelo. I might protect him over Skjei but certainly not over DeAngelo.

Reactions: McRanger

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
We’ve got 45 lefty D prospects in the system. If it came down to it there’s no way I’d protect Hajek over DeAngelo. I might protect him over Skjei but certainly not over DeAngelo.

If Lundkvist looks legit that’s 4 RD if Trouba and Fox are locks

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
there is zero chance they expose ADA in the expansion draft...its 2 years away, if by that point he isn't locked in as part of the long term future he'll be dealt.

they will protect trouba, skjei and ADA...it would mean exposing hajek & lindgren. it would suck to lose either for nothing but given our depth on LHD in the system there is a good chance that there won't be room for them anyway so its not the big of a deal...if either guy progresses enough in the next 2 years that they are keepers than I think its more likely that we trade skjei than move ADA

that said I think we'll lose fast or maybe lemieux.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not talking about him as a prospect. Talking about him as a 23 year old stud offensive righty dman that can skate and came light years in terms of his defensive play. People should be going Gaga over this guy and most pundits forget he’s even on the team let alone in our top 4. He should be in PEN on our second pairing for a long time.

Why did you capitalize gaga?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If the Rangers were sure about ADA, they wouldn't have trade potentially two 2nd round picks to acquire Fox rather than wait to sign Fox as a free agent next August.

If the Rangers were not sure about ADA they wouldn’t buyout Shattenkirk.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Reports to this point have been that the Rangers are high, and remain high, on DeAngelo.

I don’t think it’s a Fox/ADA debate, just like it wasn’t a Pionk/ADA debate. It’s simply a matter of getting high-skill, young talent under contract, and having the necessary assets in order to do so.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
There’s no real value in tying one’s self in a knot over a problem that won’t manifest itself for two years. I could see scenarios where any of D’Angelo, Hajak or Skeji are left unprotected. There’s a lot of hockey to be played and the development of players who do not require protection will be an important factor. More likely is that if all three are established NHL defensemen by then, one would be traded before any expansion draft.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Mkay. I give up. He's awesome. They should trade Trouba and give ADA his contract.

EDIT: the whole ADA debate is maddening to me, because people so gush over him and I'm only responding to temper expectations based on what I perceive to be very real deficiencies that could still use work. It's not that I don't see some of the awesome stuff he did last year; it's just that he's got a ways to go to prove he's an all situations 2nd pair defenseman in the long run, and yet people are saying things like he's already better than Trouba.

I mean, listen, I've always loved Buch as a player, but I'm the first one to admit he's got to show a lot more of what we saw late last season before he's firmly established as a top-6 forward, much less a top-line guy. People love ADA for his feistiness (and in some cases, I'm guessing his politics) and thus much of the board mostly penciling him in as a stud offensive defenseman; yet, very few here are treating Buch the same way, despite the fact that they're the same age and Buch has achieved more to this point (and without being moved twice).
Lol deep breaths!

Honestly though, Tony D’s vision, patience, and how with a quick flick of his wrist he slings phenomenal, crisp, tape to tape passes- its really exciting to watch and likely why folks might be prone to rating him higher.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
There’s no real value in tying one’s self in a knot over a problem that won’t manifest itself for two years. I could see scenarios where any of D’Angelo, Hajak or Skeji are left unprotected. There’s a lot of hockey to be played and the development of players who do not require protection will be an important factor. More likely is that if all three are established NHL defensemen by then, one would be traded before any expansion draft.
That kind of thinking bobbop, is why the environment is where it is today, with global warming and the melting of the ice caps, mass algae bloom etc. Therefor, not worrying about TDA now = global warming. Keep up, sheeple.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad