TSN Radio Kadri odd man out?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
We trade Kadri and Marleau finishes out the year as our 3rd line center same as last year when Mathews gets hurt. We lack depth at center and Babcock has shown that he will not put Nylander at center and I can not blame him. Marner would be the other option but again do we want to put JT with Johnsson and Hyman. We are shallow at the center position and we have the Goat playing 6 minutes a night because we have 3 strong centers. Trading Kadri would mean more minutes for the goat as well against better players.

Sorry it makes no sense to trade Kadri.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That makes one of you.

When Nylander is 25, all the 21 year old Nylander's taking his place will be two tiers below him.

All the 25-31 year olds capable of shutting him down right now will be older and not able to do so any more.

I would jump ship to another team if you became GM. Nylander at 25 will be an absolute stud while Kadri will be almost ready to retire.
funny that, Willie and his agent must believe the same thing

for my money while I don't think he's topped out as yet and could possibly be the type of wonder pony you're talking about, Willie is good but not Pasta good.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If he finishes the season (70 games or more) with 8 goals or less I'll delete my account. 9 or more you do the same. Deal?

Can we delete an account here?

I think you sign up for life

He won’t end up with 8 goals. But I don’t see 60 points. I see a bump with Nylander coming back for sure.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
JT AM MM WM will make up half of CAP. Maybe even a slight bit more. So 38M for 19 guys or $2M avg for rest of team. Can a team win with half the guys on ELCs at 1M and rest of guys at 3M per? And where is the room for 2 defensemen at 6M? The Leafs are going to be in CAP HELL.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm indifferent. This is obviously an unfounded rumour so not much point to discuss. But, people have to realize, outside of the big 3, Kadri is our most valuable trade piece (well, and Rielly). Back to back 30 goal seasons on a great contract. If we had a serviceable replacement on the Marlies, I would have said trade him a while ago.

see. this is the thing. it's almost always blasphemy if you mention trading Kadri. however. Kadri is 28 and the question needs to be asked is is he going to always make the amount he's making (or just a tick more). if not, you want to maximize the value you get from Kadri, and develop within.

the issue is - we don't have a centre to replace Kadri with - so it doesn't make sense to do it. (yet).

While people wanna call Nylander a punk whatever - if you have the option of moving Will from centre to top line winger whenever you need to deploy - that's a great option for the team. if the leafs can find a really serviceable 3rd line centre - then you can contemplate it.

Reactions: Budsfan

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I've been advocating in the Nylander thread that if anyone needs to go becuz of the cap it should be Kadri - A Kadri type players is replaceable - Nylander is not

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
kadri is the odd man out a bit on the pp bit which will hurt his goal scoring production but he should still be scoring at ev which he isnt i blame his linemates they could be doing better but so could he a bit. Seasons early lots of games left to play.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That's the problem with being a good team- with few real issues to complain about, media types have to make up all kinds of bs just to be able to keep talking.

Reactions: hullsy47

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I don't know but it's still priority #1. If he's willing to waive for a few select teams, maybe it can work.
Marleau gets a 3 mil signing bonus in July and his base salary for next season is only 1.25 mil while the cap hit is 6.5 mil - would make sense for a team looking to take a big cap hit while only have to pay 1.25 mil base salary

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Who wouldn't want a top line defensive centerman...who is also able to score 30 goals and is also paid $4.5m for 3 more years (after this one)???
However I can count on one hand how many times a top forward was traded for a top Dman and trading Kadri for a forward does not make sense.

Lets just be happy that our 3rd line centerman is a top line centerman for A LOT of teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad