TSN Radio Kadri odd man out?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't know but it's still priority #1. If he's willing to waive for a few select teams, maybe it can work.

I agree and I think he would waive his trade exemption to play on the West Coast, Lou offered him a lot of money to play here and perhaps a trade back to the West Coast would be a consideration.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Let’s wait until the playoffs this year before deciding who should go.
Then you can also see what you need before you get rid of it.

Reactions: Confucius

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Marleau gets a 3 mil signing bonus in July and his base salary for next season is only 1.25 mil while the cap hit is 6.5 mil - would make sense for a team looking to take a big cap hit while only have to pay 1.25 mil base salary

If the Leafs do win the cup this season he also may be more inclined to wave his ntc

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think the notion of trading Kadri to save cap space is absurd. He's the best bargain in the league.

To be frank, I'd sooner move Nylander and his contract demands for a better return and keep Kadri and his 4.5 million AAV.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm not sure why this narrative keeps being repeated in this thread.

For everyone who is saying that Kadri takes away ice time from Matthews and Tavares, you guys realize that even Pittsburgh, who won back-to-back cups and have had Crosby/Malkin there for over 10 years, have roughly the same distribution with Derrick Brassard in the fold right?

At 5v5, Crosby plays about 15 and 1/2 min, Geno 14 1/2 min and then Brassard at 13 and 1/2 minutes.

And even back when they had Jordan Staal, it was roughly the same except Crosby and Malkin got 14.5 per game while J. Staal played 13 min.

That’s. Good way of keeping elite players like Crosby and Malkin fresh and not too exhausted who can then turn it on full thrusters in the playoffs.

Similarly for us with Matthews and JT

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Kadri is good, and yes I like the cap hit, but he is still tradable in my eyes and would explore that over anything with Nylander first.

Reactions: ULF_55

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kadri is good, and yes I like the cap hit, but he is still tradable in my eyes and would explore that over anything with Nylander first.
I want to win the Cup.
And we have some players poised to take up a good portion of cap for themselves. Maybe at the expense of others + depth. So playoff performances should be watched closely as well. Then we will have a better idea of who is tradeable.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Can we delete an account here?

I think you sign up for life

He won’t end up with 8 goals. But I don’t see 60 points. I see a bump with Nylander coming back for sure.

You can request it from mods.

I will accept this as a tacit admission that your point that I initially responded to was facetious bullshit that you're not willing to stand behind.

The only way it makes sense to move Kadri is a calculated move that in value commensurate with that of a great 2C on a good contract with term while moving Nylander to C full-time, as well as looking for a way to address our overall depth at C. As much as you'd like to frame it as moving an easily replaceable 8 goal scorer this is not a move to be made lightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: IPS

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Nylander moves to the middle.
sure lets replace our back to back 30 goal scorer with a back to back 20 goal scorer. Not to mention Kadri is much tougher, draws penalties and makes 4,5, where I'm guessing William wants at least 6.

Trade William, keep Kadri.

Reactions: Al14

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
sure lets replace our back to back 30 goal scorer with a back to back 20 goal scorer. Not to mention Kadri is much tougher, draws penalties and makes 4,5, where I'm guessing William wants at least 6.

"Back to back 20 goal scorer".

Dude, Nylander put up 22 and 20 at 20 and 21 years old.

It took Kadri until he was 26 to go above 20.

Why speak about a player you have no idea about.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I agree!

Trade the Melander cause he's surely not a Teamlander!

Kadri has more TEAM spirit in his pinky finger than Nylander has anywhere on his body!

Last edited:

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Darren Dreger needs to have his blue checkmark removed. Man has no sources and awful opinions. Steve Dangle is better connected than Darren Dreger.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Love Kadri. Nylander is simply a better player.

My response was also to an injury question, I'd start Nylander on wing.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If the concern is truly about cap space, you keep an underpaid Kadri over an overpaid Nylander. These are the types of tough decisions you need to make when you become a contender. Would you rather have a young, cheap dman on an ELC plus Kadri or Nylander at $7+ million?

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Imagine if the Bruins had traded Pasta because he wanted 7 or 7.5 If you were Dubas would you be willing to take the risk of trading Nylander and watching him turn into an elite player?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
my cat nylander has already been replaced
kasper the ghost
upload_2018-10-26_21-32-55.png

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
The strength of the Leafs is having not two but three high quality two-way centres. Kadri's contract allows that unique situation. Trading that advantage away so soon would be a dumb idea.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The strength of the Leafs is having not two but three high quality two-way centres. Kadri's contract allows that unique situation. Trading that advantage away so soon would be a dumb idea.
You've got to give to get! We need a top 2 D to be a true Stanley Cup challenger IMHO. And no, I don't want Kadri traded.

Reactions: Confucius

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

okay. but is Kadri going to score 30 goals from the 3rd line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad