TSN Radio Kadri odd man out?

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
This is perhaps one of he most ridiculous things I have heard to date. Let's trade one of our best soldiers because we have some punk who thinks he is worth more than he is.

On top of that Dreger, who is one donut short of going to WW, relaying some stupid notion so executive said from the east. Can one smell let's make a controversy here where there isn't and donut boy spreading it.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
That makes one of you.

When Nylander is 25, all the 21 year old Nylander's taking his place will be two tiers below him.

All the 25-31 year olds capable of shutting him down right now will be older and not able to do so any more.

I would jump ship to another team if you became GM. Nylander at 25 will be an absolute stud while Kadri will be almost ready to retire.

The fact is this isn't a Kadri vs. Nylander situation and a good GM would know that so the discussion nonsense. But Dreger did his job.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
You're trying to save money. Zaitsev is easily replaceable at his salary and value. Kadri is not.

Really don't get how that is too hard to understand by some people here. Even if the kadri trade can get us a better d men or centre , it just can't be at a better value by value contract than we already have with naz. There are many other pieces that would be traded first.

I love nylander too but hey is his potential increased point production along with some 2 to 3 mil centremen (to replace naz) good enough to replace points by kadri and his role on this team.

Reactions: 1specter

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Darren Dreger stirring nuggets again this morning

https://www.tsn.ca/video/an-nhl-executive-s-theory-could-kadri-be-the-odd-man-out-in-toronto~1524159

So he thinks it makes sense to trade the 30 goal scoring centre with great cap hit in order to keep the 20 goal scoring winger with a much bigger cap hit?

And Colaiacovo agrees that the cap hit makes him appealing to other teams.

"you're absolutely right" :ha::huh::help:

Dregs yer a little late to the game... https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/william-nylander-part-xv.2555789/page-41#post-150811201

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I would be very surprised to see Marleau not play out his contract with us, he has a complete no move clause. Why would he want to be traded off an elite team?

100% right.

And no he isn't moving anywhere. Maybe Shanahan will tell him to be a good lad but when we signed the deal... we very likely got 3 years of his services.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
If we had better centre depth with the Marlies or a prospect knocking on the door, I'd be more confident in dealing Kadri. Right now, we instantly downgrade at the position if we deal him, unless we deal him for a lesser 3LC + dman, but I'm guessing we aren't dealing him for lesser pieces.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Kadri is not elite at anything and doesn’t do anything special. He’s peaked point wise and his value is at its greatest. If there was a move that made the leafs d better and with term, you should seriously consider that move

Reactions: Pookie

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I see Dreger has gone back to the well and reopened his "box of Kadri trade rumours". LMAO

I'm not even sure why TSN employs this dummy. When was the last time he actually broke a meaningful story?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If we had better centre depth with the Marlies or a prospect knocking on the door, I'd be more confident in dealing Kadri. Right now, we instantly downgrade at the position if we deal him, unless we deal him for a lesser 3LC + dman, but I'm guessing we aren't dealing him for lesser pieces.

I think many fall into the trap of thinking that Kadri is on the way up. Players have downward trends.

10 games into the season we have 1 Goal, 4 assists (3 on the PP) and a team leading -6. With about 15 mins a night of work.

If we are scared we can't replace that... we have more problems than we think.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think many fall into the trap of making proclamations 10 games in. Kadri is still generating scoring chances and is one of the best puck possession players right now. The only issue is that the team shooting % is about 2% at 5v5 when he's on the ice, which will correct itself.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm indifferent. This is obviously an unfounded rumour so not much point to discuss. But, people have to realize, outside of the big 3, Kadri is our most valuable trade piece (well, and Rielly). Back to back 30 goal seasons on a great contract. If we had a serviceable replacement on the Marlies, I would have said trade him a while ago.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I wonder why folks feel Leafs defencemen are so horrible. You can't be a good team without competent Dmen. Leafs allowed two goals in Winnipeg. Calgary and their highly rated and highly paid Dmen allowed 9 goals last night. I imagine for the next twenty years....the same folks are still going to be saying, "The Leafs dmen are horrid"

the D position is very difficult and perhaps the hardest to play especially at the NHL level, it takes some guys longer then other's to even learn to become even competent at that level, let alone reach average or above average skill level and be included among the best in the game.

The point is, if it's that difficult for a hockey player who possesses elite skill level. A player who's been playing the position for most of his life at a competitive level, then dissemble everything he's learned previously and to re-learn how the game is actually supposed to be played on the big stage with and against the best players in the world. That's a huge hill to climb.......think about it

and then ask yourself how is the average fan most of whom have never risen above the level of casual player and a lot who've never played, supposed to understand what really goes in to playing the position at the level they do night in and night out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I remember the days not so long ago when I was merely a voice in the wilderness, trying to tell peeps that Dreger was the biggest fraud in sports media. I'm glad some of you now see it.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
If I remember correctly, the Kadri household cheered for the Bleu, blanc et rouge when Nazem was growing up. I think his Dad would be thrilled if his son was traded to the Habs!

So, sure, he bleeds blue and white for now, but, I'm sure there's still a hint of red in there too. ;)

From what I have heard when Kadri was drafted his dad burned everything Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->