TSN Radio Kadri odd man out?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Well, it is still a fact that neither took a home town discount. They signed fair deals with the team. Nothing more, nothing less. But yes, of course it helps if the players really want to stay with the team. Kadri him self had a little contract dispute with the previous contract, even do that was settled in time for camp, so not the same as with Nylander.

They also signed their deals in April so didn’t get to hear what other teams (or the market rate) would be. Both effectively set the bar for that free agent class.

Reactions: johnny_rudeboy

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
That house you live in is very pretty, but I'm not sure all glass is a good choice for you.

Uh when one looks as good as I do , why hide behind walls? It's a crime to hide this body with walls, ergo, no clothes, all windows, all the time. World you are welcome.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yup this as well
All though when the muffin shot post came up, me and others started to use it as a joke.
When he would score, we would say another muffin by Kadri.

Its also funny that Kadri is one of Babcock's favorites on the team. He likes compete so it isnt surprising that he loves Kadri.

Yes I remember well, I was one of those who enjoyed saying "another muffin for Kadri". :laugh::laugh:

His shot is underrated IMO, I mean he's no sniper but his shot is nowhere close to being as bad as some would have you believe. Mind you those are probably the same small minority who are just looking for reasons to tear him down so whatever. And I agree completely that Babcock loves his compete level, hell I love it too, players who love getting "greasy" are the type of players that inspire their teammates to raise their compete level as well. That's the way I see it anyway, Kadri's value to this team goes way beyond the numbers (which are very good on their own). I really want to see him retire a Maple Leaf!

So happy to see the puck going in for him again as opposed to bouncing off the post as it was doing earlier this season. Kadri's a beauty!

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Yes I remember well, I was one of those who enjoyed saying "another muffin for Kadri". :laugh::laugh:

His shot is underrated IMO, I mean he's no sniper but his shot is nowhere close to being as bad as some would have you believe. Mind you those are probably the same small minority who are just looking for reasons to tear him down so whatever. And I agree completely that Babcock loves his compete level, hell I love it too, players who love getting "greasy" are the type of players that inspire their teammates to raise their compete level as well. That's the way I see it anyway, Kadri's value to this team goes way beyond the numbers (which are very good on their own). I really want to see him retire a Maple Leaf!

So happy to see the puck going in for him again as opposed to bouncing off the post as it was doing earlier this season. Kadri's a beauty!

I still think his shot is a bit of a muffin, but it really doesn't matter because his style is to pick corners and bang in pucks with superior positioning and battles in front of the net. He's not going to go bar down from the top of the circle very often. He's lethal from within 10 feet and is among the best in the league for establishing himself in positions where he can score, and he's got great accuracy for picking those corners in shooting off the rush. The power is pretty low, but his accuracy and timing are top notch. I'd say Marner's shot is similar in that regard, though he does have more velocity.

I'd like the rest of your post twice if I could. Kadri is the complete package and we're so lucky to have him. On an interesting personal note, I have a couple of coworkers who are Middle-Eastern and they absolutely love watching and talking about Kadri. It's so awesome how he's done a complete 180 from his petulant child days and has become a real role model and ambassador of the game.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
His balance is not the greatest so perhaps that impact on how hard he shoots.

He looks like a deer on ice sometimes but the guy has great hands in tight and is one of our better deeker's.

I dunno why he has a Charmin soft shot but the guy is still effective. It's like those pitchers (Estrada comes to mind) who's fast ball is in the upper 80's but is still effective (sometimes).

Its not how hard you shoot the puck, its how deceptive your shot is.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
His accuracy is fine, the amount of force behind the puck, is like a light summer breeze.
Not sure how you could watch that goal and say that.

Here's another example.

Again with some time and space he can put some good velocity on it. In fact, most NHLers can put some mustard on their shots, the difference with the true 'cream of the crop' however is that their release is just so much faster. Guys like Matthews, Laine, Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Kucherov etc can still maintain high velocity and accuracy while having far less time and space to shoot.

Reactions: stickty111

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Here's another example.

Again with some time and space he can put some good velocity on it. In fact, most NHLers can put some mustard on their shots, the difference with the true 'cream of the crop' however is that their release is just so much faster. Guys like Matthews, Laine, Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Kucherov etc can still maintain high velocity and accuracy while having far less time and space to shoot.

Goalie didn't see the shot cleanly, that was much more deceptive than hard.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Here's another example.

Yup, that goal was a beauty. If that's a muffin then gimme more muffins I say.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He's better than Mee-lander. I like his make-up. It's manly

I thought his new nick name was Greedlander?

tumblr_my8zb5jxiB1r4z4meo1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad