Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
This is our chance! If only we had Josh on the team last year we would have swept the Lightning and won the cup in maybe 5 games if he missed a game!

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
From a friend in Sweden: “He wasn't fit enough and didn't learn their system as fast as they hoped”
The first 2 games I watched of him playing, he looked like typical Josh. Skating quick and shifty everytime he had the puck. Then I saw either the 3rd or 4th game and he wasn't noticeable which is rare for him. He wasn't skating fast, he would get the puck and pass it off right away which is unlike him. Now it makes sense what I was seeing.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Lock the thread. Not being able to adapt to a system and unfit are the only things we needed to know.

It's pop-tarts for the kid. He just doesn't get it. So sad, because that slap-shot one timer against Calgary and breakaway against the Bruins were so promising. Especially for a team starved for offensive talent that he so clearly possesses.

Let's stop hammering Lou and Trotz for this decision.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The saga continues.

Honestly, I hope he plays for Bridgeport. Last ditch attempt in a 26-game season against two teams.
For what reason?

Best we can do is release Ho-Sang from his contract and wish him well.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
In a season with 24 games remaining and no playoff structure decided, ice time should be for players who are serious about their careers. Not Josh Ho-Sang.
Not to mention he'll have to quarantine before joining the team, so kiss 2 more weeks goodbye. I doubt he would use them to address his lack of fitness anyway.

Reactions: MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He just needs a chance. I thought his agent said he was going to do everything he could... funnier part is Isles fans still ‘believe’ in this kid and his 18th chance.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I would say that Josh Ho-Sang is the hockey version of Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh from Bull Durham and, “He’s got a million-dollar arm but a five-cent head", however, even Nuke realized that his best path to success was to listen to people like Crash Davis and adjust accordingly.

love that movie; solid analogy.....

they play really heavy in SHL, I think it was one of the guys from spittin' chiclets that said it was like playing rugby on skates. No way in hell Ho-sang was giving a full effort out there.

Reactions: danteipp

Green

Nov 13, 2019
The first 2 games I watched of him playing, he looked like typical Josh. Skating quick and shifty everytime he had the puck. Then I saw either the 3rd or 4th game and he wasn't noticeable which is rare for him. He wasn't skating fast, he would get the puck and pass it off right away which is unlike him. Now it makes sense what I was seeing.
I am not sure what you are implying, he looked good in the first 2 and than he had a bad game, are you saying he got lazy?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think it’s great Lou called this kids bluff. Ok, we’ll sign you based on your arbitration, your committed to playing, we’ll get you playing time. The Isles found him a place to play better than the AHLs Wacko schedule and he sulks his way off the team. Check mate... The Isles exhausted all their remedies with this guy, he’s shown the hockey world it’s him, no one else. Pushed himself out of hockey. Ciao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad