Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
They got mad at him because he pointed out that they talk shit about his defense but they didn’t lose with him in the line up. Since then he’s been buried.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Hmm, you do know the Islanders have a .623 winning percentage with Ho-Sang in the lineup? And in that aforementioned 10 game call up during the Trotz tenure the Islanders went 9-1, sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.
Eh, the Islanders also went 8-1-1 with Bardreau in the lineup, and put up the same number of regulation wins as they did in Ho-Sang's 10 games. It's also worth noting in Ho-Sang's 10 game stint, it was a pretty light schedule -- 8 of those games were against teams that finished with at least 10 points (~6.1 %points) fewer than the Islanders did that season. In Bardreau's 10 games, 6 of the games were against a team that finished with 3 points (~2.3 %points) fewer than the Islanders or better.

So, arguably, Bardreau's stint was even more impressive if we're only looking at the scoreboard, but everyone seems pretty OK with him not making the team.

Last edited:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Orebro Loan is beginning to look like another head scratcher.

they got blown out last night and Ho-Sang has still yet to play.

they play again on the 28th - let’s see if Josh steps in.

Oh, yeah Orebro has only 14 games left in the season... and currently in 6th place.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
How much longer before this thread reaches the post limit and can be closed?
I know beating a dead horse. I sort of feel this way. It kinda stings all these years invested in JHS. I followed his draft year, I liked the guy picked just after him, Kempe, he would look terrific in an Isles uniform right now. I am a sucker for punishment, while at it, I looked at all the players drafted after Dal Colle the same year. Yikes, one is currently 1 pt off the scoring lead in the NHL. <sigh>

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Ho-Sang -

15:50 TOI
2 shots on goal
Highlight reel spin-o-rama - didn’t finish
Played on the 2nd line

nice first game back

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Orebro Loan is beginning to look like another head scratcher.

they got blown out last night and Ho-Sang has still yet to play.

they play again on the 28th - let’s see if Josh steps in.

Oh, yeah Orebro has only 14 games left in the season... and currently in 6th place.
Does Lou have another son who is their GM? Or perhaps he's running them himself via Zoom?

Reactions: Matt Watson

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
How many times has Ho-Sang passed through waivers? Two? Three? Four?

I wish the guy the best, but no team wants him on this side of the Atlantic.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Well, it looks like Ho-Sang has been kicked out of (and apparently not good enough for) Sweden -

Maybe JHS is coming to a beer league near you next?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just came to post This. I’m actually glad
This happened. It will answer a lot of questions. If Lou doesn’t let him join Bridgeport it says a lot.

“We're grateful we got this chance from the New York Islanders. Unfortunately, we feel that it has not turned out as we had hoped. Josh is far behind in training compared to the rest of the group and the adaptation to our game has not gone as fast as we hoped. In our situation and before the final sprint of the basic series, we feel that this is the best for us. We wish Josh good luck in his continued career”, says Örebro Hockey's Sports Manager Niklas Johansson.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This is just mind boggling. And I don't me surprising, I just can't understand why someone with all this talent wouldn't finally just breakdown and give in to what every is telling him to do. Every single step from this kid I feel like bitch slapping his parents in the face for the way they raised him. A chance to be a multi-millionaire and he's just going to get in his own way. What does he even have to fall back on now, pro gaming?

Reactions: bigtim1988

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Just came to post This. I’m actually glad
This happened. It will answer a lot of questions. If Lou doesn’t let him join Bridgeport it says a lot.

“We're grateful we got this chance from the New York Islanders. Unfortunately, we feel that it has not turned out as we had hoped. Josh is far behind in training compared to the rest of the group and the adaptation to our game has not gone as fast as we hoped. In our situation and before the final sprint of the basic series, we feel that this is the best for us. We wish Josh good luck in his continued career”, says Örebro Hockey's Sports Manager Niklas Johansson.

And the Swedish fans are saying that this statement is just a politically correct way to say goodbye, because several weeks ago, Johansson had talked so much about how Josh was going to be given time to get fit, learn the system, and get used to life in a new league and country.

2 weeks and 5 games surely isn't what he was initially talking about.

As usual, there's surely more behind the scenes here.

Reactions: TMI

zyklone

Dec 29, 2009
The post from Örebro is basically: 'He's not fit enough to play and it can't be salvaged in time.'

I wonder why we so often see AHL players arrive in SHL with atrocious physical status. If you pretend to be a athlete you can't just play videogames whenever you don't have a team telling you to come to practice.
Sad development for the player.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I would say that Josh Ho-Sang is the hockey version of Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh from Bull Durham and, “He’s got a million-dollar arm but a five-cent head", however, even Nuke realized that his best path to success was to listen to people like Crash Davis and adjust accordingly.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The saga continues.

Honestly, I hope he plays for Bridgeport. Last ditch attempt in a 26-game season against two teams.

Reactions: SI

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The saga continues.

Honestly, I hope he plays for Bridgeport. Last ditch attempt in a 26-game season against two teams.

24-game season.

And two have been played already.

And now Timashov and Koivula are heading down as well.

Just dunno how they could fit him in.

He should just go play in Germany's 2nd league or Austria's 1st league. That'd get his fitness and confidence heading in the right direction.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
honestly, i think that the mention of him being unfit, is a sly way of saying that he is not a team player.

he can skate like a whiz when on the attack, but coming back and playing defence? i know guys like this. when the other team has the puck and is attacking, it looks like he is dying. but gain possession, and suddenly he has all the energy in the world.

honestly, he needs to get into a one-man sport. golf or tennis...

Reactions: SI

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2