Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
New athletic article. Interview with TMTL LL. The last line of the article is golden.

On JHS:
So we spoke to him and recommended Europe, that we’d help him as kind of a fresh start, convince some people that he can still play this game, including us, and get back on track. God gave him talent, he just needs to actuate it. He went there at the beginning of the year when he wasn’t in the perfect playing shape, like a lot of other people. It just didn’t work out. Another team called, asked if he would go there. We talked to Josh, he said absolutely, and that’s where it’s at right now.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You aren't used to this by now? It happened with DP, it happened with Snow. It's pretty much a norm on this board to exaggerate. If I didn't recognize your name I'd honestly think you were new here....

And I'm not sure what exact posts you are referring to, but JHS has used language in the past that some people can form a realistic opinion of as sulking. I believe it is the one where he said something along the lines of 'they want me to pay attention to defense, but the team won more games when I was in the lineup than they are now'. That's quite easy to form an opinion that he's sulking, whether you agree with that opinion or not.

I prefer articles/quotes from credible sources. Not message board fans who act as if JHS pissed in their cornflakes.

I have not come across one JHS supporter who is blaming the team, for JHS showing up in poor condition. That's on Josh.

No need for anyone to make up lies to add to the story.

Reactions: SI

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I prefer articles/quotes from credible sources. Not message board fans who act as if JHS pissed in their cornflakes.

On the other hand its more like JHS pissed in his own cornflakes, then posters like yourself are quick to blame Kellogg's for not being grateful for it.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

I have not come across one JHS supporter who is blaming the team, for JHS showing up in poor condition. That's on Josh.

No need for anyone to make up lies to add to the story.
There is plenty of articles and quotes of JHS on his poor attitude if you do your own research.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Hoping he can get it going and get his conditioning up to where it needs to be for this new Swedish team.

Trigger warning, as long as NYI has JHS’ NHL rights, im going to root for him.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
There is plenty of articles and quotes of JHS on his poor attitude if you do your own research.

The reports I have read is that he showed up in poor condition and this was why Orebro released him after only 5 games. Other then this thread,I have not read one report that Orebro released him because he was sulking.

Reactions: beach

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
The reports I have read is that he showed up in poor condition and this was why Orebro released him after only 5 games. Other then this thread,I have not read one report that Orebro released him because he was sulking.
He has a reputation for a poor attitude. The fact that he was let go for not being in shape is not a good look at all.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Send him to the same place they did Wally. They did wonders with him. Maybe they can pull another rabbit out of a hat with JHS.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Remember, he’s crashing nets and cashing checks...

He actually said that shit, didn't he?

Amongst the many things that drive teammates/the organization crazy, him always talking about money, and how he wants to make millions of dollars playing in the NHL is a bad look. you ask guys in the NHL why they play, and how they became that talented, all of them reply "I love the game, I'm passionate about hockey". Even if the real answer is "I'm doing this so I can become insanely rich", no star NHL player is going to ever say that shit--and for good reason. Money--along with the toys you can buy with it--can be very distracting, taking your focus off your job.

That is a huge red-flag for any scout or GM; I feel like if you want to succeed in the NHL, you have to love the game first, while the money is just a secondary benefit to playing said game. coaches/GM's are probably like "this guy is arrogant without being paid millions; can you imagine how insufferable he'd be if he made serious coin?"

It's madding, because he has all the tools to become a very good NHLer, but constantly shoots himself in the foot by saying stupid shit all the time, or doing something stupid.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
5028F45E-0FF7-4305-AC35-07E193C379E2.jpeg

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
He actually said that shit, didn't he?

Amongst the many things that drive teammates/the organization crazy, him always talking about money, and how he wants to make millions of dollars playing in the NHL is a bad look. you ask guys in the NHL why they play, and how they became that talented, all of them reply "I love the game, I'm passionate about hockey". Even if the real answer is "I'm doing this so I can become insanely rich", no star NHL player is going to ever say that shit--and for good reason. Money--along with the toys you can buy with it--can be very distracting, taking your focus off your job.

That is a huge red-flag for any scout or GM; I feel like if you want to succeed in the NHL, you have to love the game first, while the money is just a secondary benefit to playing said game. coaches/GM's are probably like "this guy is arrogant without being paid millions; can you imagine how insufferable he'd be if he made serious coin?"

It's madding, because he has all the tools to become a very good NHLer, but constantly shoots himself in the foot by saying stupid shit all the time, or doing something stupid.
I'm no fan of Ho-Sang's so don't take this as me trying to defend him, but Billy Smith talked about money as his motivation all the time.

Reactions: impaaaaaact and MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad