Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Would I have preferred reading that JHS joined his European team in great shape after not playing for a yr? Yeah,I would have

But, joining a team in the middle of their season and being out of shape is hardly the same as " sulking his way off the team".

All the current Isles players had many months off since the bubble, and found ways to skate, and be prepared to show for camp IN SHAPE. As a professional athlete JHS should know this. The mental discipline of being a professional athlete is often the difference in whether you stay gainfully employed or not.

Reactions: Strummergas

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
O
I'll provide my own color commentary. Sorry, I don't have a link for that. If he showed out of shape, then guess who's fault that is? If he was that out of shape, then he would not have played. But he did.

Yes,he showed up in poor condition,out of shape.A self inflicted wound.

You said he sulked himself off the team. I have read nothing about JHS sulking himself off the team. No need to embellish the story. Stick to the truth/ facts.

Reactions: Green

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I agree that it's not right to infer what his attitude is or whether he was sulking. But my question is... wasn't Josh in the same exact position as every other professional hockey player on the planet in terms of preparing for this season? Why is every other Islander in shape? Why is every single player in every league in shape? How much preparation has Aho had? I guarantee if we call him up tomorrow he'll be ready to go.

That also requires us to believe that, out of the blue, they just told Josh he's going to Sweden. No discussions with him about them shopping that idea? No giving him preparation? There were no talks about what his hockey year would look like whether it was the NHL, AHL, or overseas? Weren't there reports that it's been very communicative? They just said to him... hold this burner phone and at some point in the next 6 months, we'll suddenly call you and you are going to play the next day. It might be in Zimbabwe, we don't know -- good luck.

Straight up -- what was his hockey plan for the year? Was he trying to play in the NHL this year? How was he going to be in shape for that if he made the team? Or the AHL? Basically, how is it at all possible that a professional hockey player isn't in shape to play hockey?

I have already said JHS showing up in poor condition was a self inflicted wound.

A few weeks before the start of training camp,I posted my opinion that Josh would be one of the most determined players in camp.
Clearly,I was wrong and I am disappointed that JHS has not been working his a** off during the off-season, getting into shape for whatever team he would end up on.
I am calling out the JHS critics who feel compelled to embellish the story,add comments that JHS' supporters haven't made : such as blaming the European team. Or claiming JHS sulked his way off the team.

Reactions: 13th Floor

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
All the current Isles players had many months off since the bubble, and found ways to skate, and be prepared to show for camp IN SHAPE. As a professional athlete JHS should know this. The mental discipline of being a professional athlete is often the difference in whether you stay gainfully employed or not.
Ok. I have not disagreed that he should have shown up in shape.
I have disagreed with the comment that he sulked his way off the team

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I have already said JHS showing up in poor condition was a self inflicted wound.

A few weeks before the start of training camp,I posted my opinion that Josh would be one of the most determined players in camp.
Clearly,I was wrong and I am disappointed that JHS has not been working his a** off during the off-season, getting into shape for whatever team he would end up on.
I am calling out the JHS critics who feel compelled to embellish the story,add comments that JHS' supporters haven't made : such as blaming the European team. Or claiming JHS sulked his way off the team.

JHS has burned every bridge he's stepped foot on. OHL, AHL, NHL , SHL. Bad rep in every league....

Reactions: bigtim1988

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
O

Yes,he showed up in poor condition,out of shape.A self inflicted wound.

You said he sulked himself off the team. I have read nothing about JHS sulking himself off the team. No need to embellish the story. Stick to the truth/ facts.
I’m allowed to add my commentary based on the pretty obvious situation that has happened. And what is the truth? A PR statement from the NHL that shipped his butt there and a PR statement from the team that cut him? Ooooook there.

You took the bait and continue to believe this guy (he ain’t a kid anymore) is determined to get it right. He’s not. Has no interest.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

You're not wrong, but at this point, it doesn't even matter anymore. JHS is determined to do it his way or not at all. He seems comfortable with that, and I think everyone else should be too.

Do the Isles even assign him to Bridgeport at this point?

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
This is the longest thread for a guy who played a whopping 53 career NHL games. It's Petrov part deux.
Which was impressive considering we only had one guy who kept pumping up Petrov's tires in spite of all the evidence against him. JHS has more supporters for some reason, though the number seems to decline each time a JHS career update comes out.

Reactions: danteipp

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
JHS has burned every bridge he's stepped foot on. OHL, AHL, NHL , SHL. Bad rep in every league....
Ok. Having a bad rep somehow excuses JHS critics who embellish a JHS story to make him look worse?

I have read on a credible nyi blog, that JHS showed up to join his European team in poor condition. That's bad enough.

No reason for JHS critics in this thread to embellish the story with their bs posts that he " sulked himself off the team"

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I
I’m allowed to add my commentary based on the pretty obvious situation that has happened. And what is the truth? A PR statement from the NHL that shipped his butt there and a PR statement from the team that cut him? Ooooook there.

You took the bait and continue to believe this guy (he ain’t a kid anymore) is determined to get it right. He’s not. Has no interest.

Your gut feeling carry no weight with me. Continue to act as if JHS pissed in your cornflakes.
I will continue to ask JHS critics for links, knowing how often they add in their " gut feelings" to embellish ,instead of simply reporting what credible sources report.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I

Your gut feeling carry no weight with me. Continue to act as if JHS pissed in your cornflakes.
I will continue to ask JHS critics for links, knowing how often they add in their " gut feelings" to embellish ,instead of simply reporting what credible sources report.
You keep waiting on those links to tell you the story...

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Ok. Having a bad rep somehow excuses JHS critics who embellish a JHS story to make him look worse?

I have read on a credible nyi blog, that JHS showed up to join his European team in poor condition. That's bad enough.

No reason for JHS critics in this thread to embellish the story with their bs posts that he " sulked himself off the team"

They don't need to be excused. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, don't take everything someone types on this message board as the absolute truth...

We may never know the granular details & complexity of the JHS & NYI saga. No need to get in the weeds here, as I said in my last post, he's been the subject of controversy in every league he's played in.

I , like many others would've liked to see him actualize his full potential. Clearly that isn't going to happen due to ... JHS.

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
And you keep adding your own little embellishments. Cause you know, you are so credible it's hard to think you would post bs
Did I ask you or anyone else to believe my opinion? Did I cite a source for my opinion?You can like or not like my opinion, that’s just fine. There’s plenty of opinions around here on Ladd, Boychuk, Komarov, Bailey, Eberle, etc. People also ‘embellish’ those opinions too.

Your true issue is you believe this guy is going to help the Isles and it highly unlikely that’s going to happen. he’s 100 % responsible for his entire career no matter how talented he is and what my opinion is, and others for that matter.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

You aren't used to this by now? It happened with DP, it happened with Snow. It's pretty much a norm on this board to exaggerate. If I didn't recognize your name I'd honestly think you were new here....

And I'm not sure what exact posts you are referring to, but JHS has used language in the past that some people can form a realistic opinion of as sulking. I believe it is the one where he said something along the lines of 'they want me to pay attention to defense, but the team won more games when I was in the lineup than they are now'. That's quite easy to form an opinion that he's sulking, whether you agree with that opinion or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad