Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think it’s great Lou called this kids bluff. Ok, we’ll sign you based on your arbitration, your committed to playing, we’ll get you playing time. The Isles found him a place to play better than the AHLs Wacko schedule and he sulks his way off the team. Check mate... The Isles exhausted all their remedies with this guy, he’s shown the hockey world it’s him, no one else. Pushed himself out of hockey. Ciao.
Sulked his way off the team?

I read he hasn't played since last March and his conditioning was well behind the other players,costing him his roster spot.

Reactions: Green

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I am not sure what you are implying, he looked good in the first 2 and than he had a bad game, are you saying he got lazy?
I would probably guess that he was sulking about something that went down and basically lost motivation again instead of using it to fire him up. Typical amongst so called prima donna type's.
It's too bad because the skill is there he's just missing a motivational speaker or babysitter to be his line mate

Green

Nov 13, 2019

I read he hasn't played since last March and his conditioning was well behind the other players,costing him his roster spot.
Yes, does this Throttle have insider information, crap like his post is why Ho- Sang still has supporters as there are baseless accusations against him

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Maybe it's all in the name.

Let's call it the multisport Josh Trifecta, full of personal demons and shortcomings.

Josh Gordon - NFL
Josh Hamilton - MLB
Josh HoSang - NHL

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Glad you read that. Laying him down easy is what that’s called. Why? Because he can always improve his conditioning, if we wants to. It provides an out publicly for the team and player, putting the blame on a correctable situation.

But I thought according to him and his agent he was going to do everything he could. Did he miss training as part of that process of being a hockey player?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yes, does this Throttle have insider information, crap like his post is why Ho- Sang still has supporters as there are baseless accusations against him
Yes, I have insider information. A ton of it, but I’m not sharing because it’s so obvious.

People can support him all day long. Laughable people are supporting a player that constantly disappoints and has a track record of organizational turnover. Don’t worry, it’s not him, it’s everyone else. Uh-huh.

Reactions: Islesfan22

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
i was all for JHS when he first came up. the skill and the fresh mindset seemed good, to me.
then he had some setbacks, not unlike most young players, and i was like, ok - let's see what he does to shut down the naysayers and get back on the ice.
since then, i've just been confounded that someone so smart could be so clueless. he's a smart kid. wth gives??!! how has he not found his way onto the ice. it's absolutely mind-boggling. to end up in a foreign country league (other than the khl) and get booted from the team for not being up to snuff.... i'm done.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
JHS has cemented himself as a 1st Round Bust.

Where does someone go after being deported from Sweden during a pandemic?
Maybe he can ask Roman for advice.

johnny_dangerously_deportation.jpg

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
i was all for JHS when he first came up. the skill and the fresh mindset seemed good, to me.
then he had some setbacks, not unlike most young players, and i was like, ok - let's see what he does to shut down the naysayers and get back on the ice.
since then, i've just been confounded that someone so smart could be so clueless. he's a smart kid. wth gives??!! how has he not found his way onto the ice. it's absolutely mind-boggling. to end up in a foreign country league (other than the khl) and get booted from the team for not being up to snuff.... i'm done.
Just curious what makes you say he's so smart, in what way?

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Just curious what makes you say he's so smart, in what way?

Talk to anyone who's interviewed him. Even Art S. Listen to him engage. The kid is not a dummy. He's thoughtful - perhaps too much so. I honestly think people like him need to have a dose of simple syrup and just move straight ahead with a plan.

His efforts are, to him, guided correctly. It's the free mindset. But we're talking about success in team sports.
To the world who would see him succeed in the NHL, his efforts are blatantly misguided. It's a team sport and he's been doing it since he was young, but this is sport at the highest level.

Follow the instructions, get there, follow more instructions, get more ice time, follow more instructions and be a dependable teammate and - in the midst of all that - seize the opportunity to be creative in the space you're left with. If that winds up being 10 minutes of a 24 hour day, leverage it. Let it be the time you shine.

Didn't happen and I'm just saying I've checked out (aside from this post). I think the young man hit rock bottom by getting tossed from the SHL.

Reactions: JKP

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Talk to anyone who's interviewed him. Even Art S. Listen to him engage. The kid is not a dummy. He's thoughtful - perhaps too much so. I honestly think people like him need to have a dose of simple syrup and just move straight ahead with a plan.
Shirley you can’t be serious?

the last interview staple did with him was a complete abomination. Hosang put together a few sentences of completely disjointed thoughts that generally had nothing to do with the questions staple asked. This kid is a space cadet.

maybe his future is in politics, then.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Glad you read that. Laying him down easy is what that’s called. Why? Because he can always improve his conditioning, if we wants to. It provides an out publicly for the team and player, putting the blame on a correctable situation.

But I thought according to him and his agent he was going to do everything he could. Did he miss training as part of that process of being a hockey player?

Would I have preferred reading that JHS joined his European team in great shape after not playing for a yr? Yeah,I would have

But, joining a team in the middle of their season and being out of shape is hardly the same as " sulking his way off the team".

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Posters like Throttle are why I have started asking JHS critics for links.

A lot of JHS problems are self inflicted,but their are some JHS critics who feel the need to embellish the reports on him,pulling bs out their a**. Such as Throttle's claim that JHS sulked his way off his latest team.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
In fairness to JHS, he had no pre-season training camp and self-training is not the same as scrimmaging. Being told you are loaned out to a Euro team, flying over there, and then playing immediately should come with the expectation that there will be some rust to shake off.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Would I have preferred reading that JHS joined his European team in great shape after not playing for a yr? Yeah,I would have

But, joining a team in the middle of their season and being out of shape is hardly the same as " sulking his way off the team".
I'll provide my own color commentary. Sorry, I don't have a link for that. If he showed out of shape, then guess who's fault that is? If he was that out of shape, then he would not have played. But he did.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017

His efforts are, to him, guided correctly. It's the free mindset. But we're talking about success in team sports.
To the world who would see him succeed in the NHL, his efforts are blatantly misguided. It's a team sport and he's been doing it since he was young, but this is sport at the highest level.

Follow the instructions, get there, follow more instructions, get more ice time, follow more instructions and be a dependable teammate and - in the midst of all that - seize the opportunity to be creative in the space you're left with. If that winds up being 10 minutes of a 24 hour day, leverage it. Let it be the time you shine.

Didn't happen and I'm just saying I've checked out (aside from this post). I think the young man hit rock bottom by getting tossed from the SHL.
Well I've never spoken with him nor heard the interview you speak of , however there's always been one thing I've noticed on other interviews he's given.
And I'm sure I'll take some criticisms for this ,so be it.
In the words of Mick Jagger (Find a --- with Far Away Eye's ). Seems to always be elsewhere.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

I agree that it's not right to infer what his attitude is or whether he was sulking. But my question is... wasn't Josh in the same exact position as every other professional hockey player on the planet in terms of preparing for this season? Why is every other Islander in shape? Why is every single player in every league in shape? How much preparation has Aho had? I guarantee if we call him up tomorrow he'll be ready to go.

That also requires us to believe that, out of the blue, they just told Josh he's going to Sweden. No discussions with him about them shopping that idea? No giving him preparation? There were no talks about what his hockey year would look like whether it was the NHL, AHL, or overseas? Weren't there reports that it's been very communicative? They just said to him... hold this burner phone and at some point in the next 6 months, we'll suddenly call you and you are going to play the next day. It might be in Zimbabwe, we don't know -- good luck.

Straight up -- what was his hockey plan for the year? Was he trying to play in the NHL this year? How was he going to be in shape for that if he made the team? Or the AHL? Basically, how is it at all possible that a professional hockey player isn't in shape to play hockey?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Is there a Hockey version of the Harlem Globetrotters? Ho-Sang would be perfect for such a team.

If you script up the players like characters from a boy band, he could be the super talented but misunderstood bad-boy.

Rick DiPietro would need to be involved with this team too somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad