Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
A player going to Toronto and being better than before?

Certainly a change from the norm. Most players improve only after they leave there.

Not saying he will, just 'if'.

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I was one of those who were mesmerized by some of his skills way back when. I jumped off the bandwagon long ago.

I just read the article. He sounds more like a philosopher, poet or a musician rather than a hockey player. Back in the day he would’ve been the guy traveling cross country to see the Grateful Dead tour.

I truly wish him well. Success in the NHL is not in his future.

Reactions: bigtim1988

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
It’s not that New York didn’t care about me, New York was amazing. They were kind and they tried their best to figure me out. I was just so different from what they wanted and that’s on me, not them.” Said the 25-year-old. “It’s just this environment is a lot more suited to my personality.
Still "I" before "team"... not sure he'll ever get it.

We're the biggest "team" team in the NHL, so not surprising he never figured out how to embrace that. He should fit right in on the most "I" team in the NHL if he gets called up...

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Why in the world would you bump this?

::ignores thread::

its-time-shut-this-down.gif

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
We should start a Discount Rack thread.

A place where we can dump all the flotsam and jetsam. I’m just not sure how to categorize Ho-Sang. Is he flotsam or jetsam?
Jetsam is stuff you deliberately jettison overboard, to try and save the ship. Flotsam is what floats away when the ship flounders or actually sinks. (Note the roots of the words.)

There's an important legal difference. Jetsam you have thrown away, so it belongs to whoever finds it. Flotsam is stuff you wanted to keep, so a finder is entitled to only a finders fee.

JHS is jetsam.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Jetsam is stuff you deliberately jettison overboard, to try and save the ship. Flotsam is what floats away when the ship flounders or actually sinks. (Note the roots of the words.)

There's an important legal difference. Jetsam you have thrown away, so it belongs to whoever finds it. Flotsam is stuff you wanted to keep, so a finder is entitled to only a finders fee.

JHS is jetsam.
Uhhh, thanks.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

JHS is jetsam.
It is garbage either way.

Reactions: MJF

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

JHS is jetsam.

You learn something new everyday.

Its also a thrash metal band from the 80s.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It is garbage either way.
Neither is garbage.

If your ship is in danger of sinking, and you throw off a barrel of rum to lighten her, it becomes jetsam. If I find it, it's mine.

If you do nothing and the ship sinks and the same barrel floats away, it's flotsam. If I find it, I'm entitled to a percentage of its value, but it's still yours.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
JHS is like the guy at work that shows up 10 mins late, leaves 10 mins early. Sounds articulate in meetings, has goals set high, you believe he will reach them every time he speaks, until the next meeting, same pattern occurs, and you find out you are still in the planning stage of a Project.

Reactions: slurpee addict

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Neither is garbage.

If your ship is in danger of sinking, and you throw off a barrel of rum to lighten her, it becomes jetsam. If I find it, it's mine.

If you do nothing and the ship sinks and the same barrel floats away, it's flotsam. If I find it, I'm entitled to a percentage of its value, but it's still yours.
Do I have to go down with the ship?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad