Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlén, Pt. II

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
You have a point but look at Jesper Bratt, he had only 22 points in the Tier 2 division in Sweden and broke the team with the Devils last season and managed 35 points. Dahlen had 44 points last season and doubled and is by far the better player than Bratt IMO.

I understand where your coming from and tearing up the pre season makes sense but I still believe Dahlen is ready now and I am confident him and Pettersson will have a phenomenal pre season. Either way Dahlen won't be in Utica for long he will be up here before Christmas if he doesn't break the team out of camp

I'm not saying Dahlen can't play now, i'm saying worth it to get futures for Goldobin than lose him.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Am I the only one who remembers Goldobin has already shown he can be a good AHL player whereas Dahlen hasn't even done that? Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and the deal but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Yes but Goldobin has been very quiet @ the NHL level and he won't stick around unless he's posting points.

He doesn't have a lot of time to establish himself but he still has the beginning of the year to show he can play.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Boeser played in the YoungStars tournament last year and really didn't do a whole lot....These Boards were filled with posters claiming he'd probably need at least half a season in Utica. Except that he didn't.

Not predicting a Boeser-like burst for Dahlen. But unless his numbers in the Allvenskan were pumped up or the YoungStars tournament was a mirage, this kid will the knocking on the door by the time they break camp. And if Pettersson and Dahlen can quickly morph into a number one line, then that changes the timeline of the Canucks rebuild considerably.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I hope Dahlen at least gets an opportunity. Everyone seems to be labeling him straight to the AHL. He's the least talked about prospect of our top 5. If he has a Jesper Bratt season it would be amazing.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I see a Baertschi type player in him via the highlights... Currently Baertschi is in the 40-50pt tier of scoring rate player.

If we get a healthier 20g, 40-50pt Baertschi type of player outta Dahlen, I'd be happy.
50-60pt with better teammates would be amazing... take that and run.
50-60 in his best year with the alien. Would also be happy with 40-50.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
What’s a successful first season for Dahlen if he makes the team
10 goals 10 assists disappointing?
10 goals 20 assists decent baseline
15 goals 20-25 assists good rookie season
Over 40 points pumped?

Or are we setting the bar high and expectations are 40 points or bust?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Based on people’s projections for

Boeser Horvat Dahlen and Pettersson,

We should win the presidents trophy this year.
This year i dont expect anything from Dahlen. Getting used to the small ice and the gameplan in AHL. In NHL when he gets there, 40-50 consistent, 50-60 in his best year. 20-30 in his rookie year. If he gets more thats great, but i dont expect it.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Am I the only one who remembers Goldobin has already shown he can be a good AHL player whereas Dahlen hasn't even done that? Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and the deal but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

You're not the only one, no. I don't trust the sample size camp provides. It's probably better to send Dahlen down for a few games even if he has a good camp. Find out if he's able to keep it going in Utica and then make a move.

I say this expecting Goldobin to bomb in camp. Which is not indicative of his true talent level either IMO.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
Based on people’s projections for

Boeser Horvat Dahlen and Pettersson,

We should win the presidents trophy this year.

Why would you even post this? Are you sure you're a Canucks fan?

The team and management are low hanging fruit for criticism based on many of the trades and contracts but why crap all over the optimism surrounding these quality young players?

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Why would you even post this? Are you sure you're a Canucks fan?

The team and management are low hanging fruit for criticism based on many of the trades and contracts but why crap all over the optimism surrounding these quality young players?

You must be new around here.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
O look who showed up, the anti Boeser anti Canuck “Canucks fan”

Can you please hit the ‘permanently sign off’ button, thanks...

Why not just ignore me vs derailing a thread?

I am just saying, people have Boeser scoring 45 goals, Pettersson with 75 points and Horvat with 85.

We would be a cup contender if that were true.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I hope Dahlen at least gets an opportunity. Everyone seems to be labeling him straight to the AHL. He's the least talked about prospect of our top 5. If he has a Jesper Bratt season it would be amazing.

Everyone is labeling him straight to the AHL not because he isn't good but because they are unlikely to cut any of the veteran junk on the team to make room for him even if he does earn a spot.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
We need a custom dislike button for Johnny Canucker.

A while back I dug up a GDT thread from 2011. I can't remember why. I was looking for sonething but anyway, I was reading through the GDT and there was Johnny Canucker trashing the team and all the players, posting in exactly the same manner during the greatest season in our history. It was surreal.

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
A while back I dug up a GDT thread from 2011. I can't remember why. I was looking for sonething but anyway, I was reading through the GDT and there was Johnny Canucker trashing the team and all the players, posting in exactly the same manner during the greatest season in our history. It was surreal.
must be a leafs fan

Reactions: Johnny Canucker

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why not just ignore me vs derailing a thread?

I am just saying, people have Boeser scoring 45 goals, Pettersson with 75 points and Horvat with 85.

We would be a cup contender if that were true.
In a couple a years yes. And no Horvat is NOT getting 85 pts this year tho is DUE for a big INCREASE

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
God bless Alex Burrows....undrafted FA who delivered yeoman's service for the Canucks and scored some of the biggest goals in team history...and at the tail-end of his career landed us Jonathan Dahlen, who could be a scoring winger for the next decade.

Reactions: strattonius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad