Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlén, Pt. II

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
God bless Alex Burrows....undrafted FA who delivered yeoman's service for the Canucks and scored some of the biggest goals in team history...and at the tail-end of his career landed us Jonathan Dahlen, who could be a scoring winger for the next decade.

And will probably replace Green as the next head coach a few years from now.

Reactions: pomorick

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Two assists today giving him 7 points in 12 games so far. Good starts for him. Still expect for him to eventually land on the top line with EP and Brock. Not that I think that he's a legitimate 1st line player, but I think he'll fit in well with EP and Brock.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Two assists today giving him 7 points in 12 games so far. Good starts for him. Still expect for him to eventually land on the top line with EP and Brock. Not that I think that he's a legitimate 1st line player, but I think he'll fit in well with EP and Brock.

That's not a good start.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
That's not a good start.

For his first full season in NA, anything over 0.5 ppg is good for me. Like I said, I don't think he's a legitimate first line player, so his development curve might be different than those who are expected to be top line players.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Just like Pettersson he should be getting many more points with the fantastic set ups he has made. Has hit the post several times as well.

Right now he's the only high end offensive forward on that team.

I'd expect to see him with Pettersson soon.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
For his first full season in NA, anything over 0.5 ppg is good for me. Like I said, I don't think he's a legitimate first line player, so his development curve might be different than those who are expected to be top line players.

What is he then?

Any top six NHL winger pretty much dominates this level right from the start.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
What is he then?

Nonetheless, 12 games is a small sample size. He's been playing much better as of late so those points might start to pile up soon.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
What is he then?

Where do you get this idea from? The p/g paces for allsvenskan graduate comparables like Will Karlsson and Filip Forsberg aren't that far off from Dahlens pace atm. And didn't Dahlen only start picking up his scoring recently? I believe he went pointless in his first few games, and that was before some of our strongest offensive players went down to injury.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Where do you get this idea from? The p/g paces for allsvenskan graduate comparables like Will Karlsson and Filip Forsberg aren't that far off from Dahlens pace atm. And didn't Dahlen only start picking up his scoring recently? I believe he went pointless in his first few games, and that was before some of our strongest offensive players went down to injury.

He's in his d+3. He's way off those players.

Reactions: brokenhole

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I didn't know there was such a massive difference in ppg between .64 and .58... Regardless, we should be having this discussion at the end of his time in the AHL, or at least at a point where we can compare sample sizes more accurately.

I was responding to someone who said he doesn't expect better than 0.5 this season.

In my view if he puts up 0.5 in the ahl over a full season and doesn't play any NHL games then he's probably a bust.

Reactions: MS

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
orcatown comment on dahlen from the game yesterday:

Dalhen - Made some great set ups including a real nice cross ice pass to Kero on the first goal. He is solid on his skates and hard to knock down. Has finesse and offensive skill in playing making and shot. Real offensive upside here. Best prospect on the team right now IMO.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I didn't know there was such a massive difference in ppg between .64 and .58... Regardless, we should be having this discussion at the end of his time in the AHL, or at least at a point where we can compare sample sizes more accurately.
Pretty sure Melvin is being sarcastic :laugh:

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
Well don't do that! That would be the rational, objective way to assess, and of course that doesn't fit pre-determined narratives of some!

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I’d like to see Dahlen up and Leipsic sent down. Let’s do it!
Why? I think itd be better to let him pile on the points in Utica, get his confy up and then bring him up. Maybe in late December or January. Step by step

Reactions: VancouverJagger

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Because he’ll make us better now and EP needs someone to convert for him.
Just not sure its best for his development since its only been a couple a games where his offense is better. Let it gro then send him up. Peetey is fine for now with the duds, it has to make him more creative lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->