Jokerit Helsinki 2014/2015 season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekin

Feb 23, 2014
Warszawa
In Russia it's pretty common for the teams to have their own "base" where they can withdraw for training camps, in Finland I guess no team has something like that so far.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
In Russia it's pretty common for the teams to have their own "base" where they can withdraw for training camps, in Finland I guess no team has something like that so far.

Teams train at their home rinks, outdoors or at some gyms. They usually train for a couple of hours and then go back home. If there's another session, it's later in the afternoon and players go home in between the training. Even in Russia they've shifted away from the baza culture. Foreign coaches were not fans of it and neither were the players. From what I recall Hannu Jortikka commenting on it, there might be only few teams who do it.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit has some deal with Vierumäki and they have so called summer camps there plus they have good training facilities in Hartwall Arena but obviously spaces are limited...they even have training rink below the arena..."cave rink" If they need to get out Helsinki has options....I remember them having some running tests in "eläintarhan kenttä" for example. It's close to Arena.

halli.jpg

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I don't think any team is going to that direction where they withdraw into army style of camps to train.. Well, maybe they have couple of camp days, who knows, but mainly. Players are treated as professional athletes and they are professionals nowadays, and interested in their own shape. Because they know the better they play, the more they make € in their career.

I see only best paid NHL players with long contract being in situation where they could have some nights off in training.. :sarcasm:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit has some deal with Vierumäki and they have so called summer camps there plus they have good training facilities in Hartwall Arena but obviously spaces are limited...they even have training rink below the arena..."cave rink" If they need to get out Helsinki has options....I remember them having some running tests in "eläintarhan kenttä" for example. It's close to Arena.

halli.jpg

Vierumäki is used mostly by the federation. And Kal€.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Practice rink 4 stories under Hartwall is seriously cool. Brilliant idea. I understand you literally follow tunnels bored out through the rock to access it.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Vierumäki is used mostly by the federation. And Kal€.
Jokerit visits there only in summer time....though couple season's ago they made one day visit there during the season.

^^^ Practice rink 4 stories under Hartwall is seriously cool. Brilliant idea. I understand you literally follow tunnels bored out through the rock to access it.
You can access walking by stairway or take elevator. (Bedrock under Helsinki have created "Helsinki underworld"....there is so much different projects, structures and tunnels...Here is CNN's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXNyEiw28D0 )

Minnesota Wild players going to the "cave"
mikerusso_1286016737_Finlandpractice1_010.jpg

Finlandpractice1_011.jpg

Finlandpractice1_012.jpg

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Petr Koukal + Teemu Turunen & Frank Gymer signed.
The last 2 are just junior signings.

Koukal, very interesting...but he isn't hopefully our first line center. Happy with this signing still. I like his experience and 2-way game, has some hands too...plus he is a Czech and started from Pardubice :) just like Otakar Janecky, who is a living legend here.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit might get one or two cooperation teams from Liiga/Mestis. CEO Kohonen said that the anger against them have diminished. That's good news.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Koukal is a good second or third liner to have :nod:...

Considering how thin the pool of top-6 KHL centers is I fully expect him to be a first line center and would be happy if he was on my team.

Sure if Jokerit can do better it should, but I doubt it can.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Jokerit might get one or two cooperation teams from Liiga/Mestis. CEO Kohonen said that the anger against them have diminished. That's good news.

I think it's sport but I wouldn't mind KalPa offering playing spot for some solid level players that are left over from KHL roster.

Where did he say that?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Bedrock under Helsinki have created "Helsinki underworld"....there is so much different projects, structures and tunnels....

Fascinating & really cutting edge. Had no idea it was so extensive with lots more planned. Great, as they can retain a low profile cityscape, buildings of historical significance which elsewhere are often knocked down in the name of progress etc. Thanks for the link...

loppa*

You mean Hartwall Arena?

I don't follow the official names... whatever the name is of the one where Jokerit will play home games.

That's a very good question :laugh:

But I think that the official aim is to have it opened by fall 2016.

And the arena is nowhere near any subway stop.

Hey, at least they're progressing on the subway. :)

Hm, well, where is the Arena? How can one get to it without a car?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I don't follow the official names... whatever the name is of the one where Jokerit will play home games.

Hey, at least they're progressing on the subway. :)

Hm, well, where is the Arena? How can one get to it without a car?

It doesn't get any easier if you take train. You take train from Helsinki railway station, ride train for 2 minutes, hop out of train and start walking, there is directions to Hartwall arena from Pasila railway station. So train is heavily recommended, its made really easy. You can also come from north instead of Helsinki railway station, just jump out in Pasila.

loppa*

Hopefully one day the Metro will go there. :) (obviously not anytime soon)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Hopefully one day the Metro will go there. :) (obviously not anytime soon)
Our metro is sort of joke when compared to other cities but we don't need it to be bigger as our trams, busses and local trains do the job.

Hartwall Arena isn't downtown but it's easy to go there plus Arena surroundings will look very different in the future...lots of structure/building projects in Ilmala/Pasila.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino